FIFA Ultimate Team has become the flagship mode in FIFA over the last few years and this year's iteration in FIFA 19 is no exception. There's been some changes to FUT this year, with new modes, rewards and tournaments. To help you make sense of it all, we've collected a ton of info into this FIFA Ultimate Team 19 Guide. There's essential tips and tricks, a look at SBCs and Squad Battles, as well as some advice on how to make FIFA Coins as fast as possible. We'll be adding more and more guides to this page as we spend more time with the game, and some of these pages are updated weekly, so be sure to check back in regularly.
FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Tips
- Play through all of the challenges given to you at the start of the game. There are a lot of new features to get your head around, so putting in some time early on will see you through during the early hours of the game.
- Don’t buy Player Packs early on. Instead, target specific players in the positions you need.
- If you’re about to spend some time in a game, or organizing your squad, try bidding on some players in the transfer market. This will save you a lot of money, and waiting for the bidding to end is well worth it.
- Players can only be used a certain amount of times. You can check how many games each one has left by moving the right stick while hovering over a card. To extend this, apply contract consumables.
- When starting out, focus on chemistry above all else. You’ll want to make sure you can enter every event when it comes, so keeping a high chemistry is key.
- Speaking of chemistry, once you’ve maxed it before heading into a game, you can then swap your players around without affecting chemistry one bit. Use this to swap higher rated players into your team. Read more about FUT 19 Chemistry in our FIFA 19 Chemistry Guide.
- You’ll need to use Fitness Cards to heal injured players, as they’ll only recover naturally by being in the main squad, which isn’t ideal.
- You get more FIFA Coins at higher difficulties, so if you’re up for the challenge, go for it.
- Be sure to list your Bronze players on the transfer market as soon as you get them, it's a great way to make money.
- The FUT Web App is a great way to manage your squad on the go.
FIFA 19 FUT Guides
We've been working a ton of guides content for FUT 19, from deep dives into individual modes, to breakdowns of the new Chemistry tweaks and changes. You'll find everything FUT 19 related in the list below, though feel free to head into the comments below to suggest anything you'd like us to cover in the future.
- How to Earn FIFA Coins Quickly in FUT 19
- FUT 19 TOTW - FIFA 19 Team of the Week Guide
- FIFA 19 Chemistry Guide
- FIFA 19 Chemistry Styles Guide
- FUT 19 Icons
- FIFA 19 Division Rivals Explained
- FUT 19 Ones to Watch
- Lucas Moura Squad Building Challenge Guide
- FUT 19 SBC Guide
- Squad Battles Explained
- FUT Champions Weekend League Rewards
- FIFA 19 Swap Items
- FIFA 19 Champions League Cards Explained
- FUT Ultimate Scream - Scream Team, Halloween Cards and SBCs
FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Differences - What’s Changed Since Last Year?
Thanks to the reintroduction of the UEFA Champions League, FUT 19 has brought a fair few changes with it this year. There's new modes, a new qualification system for Weekend League and FUT Champions, and updates to the Chemistry System established last year.
- The Champions and Europa Leagues will feature in FUT 19. There will be exclusive cards, items, and commentary to enjoy.
- There are 10 new Icons to build with. You can check them out in our FIFA 19 Icons Guide.
- Division Rivals has replaced last year’s Ultimate Season mode. Players will play placement games before being placed in a division. From then, winning matches raises your ranking, and grants prizes. A new currency, Champions Points, will also be available, which grant entry into the Weekend League events.
- You can choose when to buy into a FUT Champions match whenever you want, not necessarily the match immediately after you’ve bought in.
- There’s a new chemistry system. We’ll be bringing you a detailed breakdown of the Chemistry changes, but in the meantime you can check out more details here .
- The new Player Pick pack offers five players for you to choose from.
- The sorting screen after each match has been optimized and is much faster now.
- There are new FUT rewards to be earned by playing The Journey: Champions
For a look at how to earn FIFA Coins Fast in FIFA 19, head over to our FIFA 19 FIFA Coins Guide.
Does FIFA Ultimate Team Progress Carry Over?
So you put a ton of time, and possibly money, into building your Ultimate Team last year? Well, unfortunately, not a whole lot transfers into FIFA 19, though we’ve listed what you do get to keep below.
- Established Date
- FC Credits
- FUT Club Name
- FIFA Points
- XP Level
FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Pack Odds
If you're a little wary about spending coins or money on player packs, it's perfectly understandable. Luckily though, EA has started to include the pack odds for each pack. These can be viewed in the Player Packs menu, but it's a lot easier to use the FIFA mobile app to check the probabilities. Just click on the "more info" option displayed when selecting a pack.
Best Way to Start FUT 19
If FIFA 19 is your first foray into the world of Ultimate Team then don't worry, because the game is pretty good at easing you into things. First thing you'll want to do is follow the in-game tutorial which will lead you through how to set up your team and get started. In terms of nationality, go with what you know best, as it'll be easier for you to recognize player links at a glance if you already have some cursory knowledge of them. From there, we recommend giving the single player modes a go, such a FUT 19 Seasons, just so you can get the hang of playing with a FIFA Ultimate Team. Using this as a base, start to think about what tactics you'd like to use, and customize them in the Dynamic Tactics menu. Now, it's good to complete as many of the objectives that you have as possible, so that you can start buying players. From there you'll want to run through the Squad Building Challenges, if at least the first set.
Division Rivals is your ultimate goal, though don't be discouraged if you get your butt whooped on the first match. You'll eventually be placed in a division matching your skill set, so try to play your best. You can always move up or down a division each week though, so don't worry too much. Now you can start going after the modes and play that you enjoy. If you like the competitive side of things, play Division Rivals until you're confident you can buy into the Weekend League using the Champions Points you've earned. If you like the card building side, then do the Squad Building Challenges, and take on Squad Battles for a challenge.
If you're looking for help with FIFA 19, we've got a full FIFA 19 guide. If you'd rather hop directly to one of our specific guides, we've got them all for you just below.
- FIFA 19 Best Player Ratings Guide
- FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Guide
- FIFA 19 Defending Guide
- FIFA 19 Fastest Players
- FIFA 19 Best Young Players
- FIFA 19 How to Score Lots of Goals
- FIFA 19 Hidden Gems and Wonderkids
- FIFA 19 The Journey Walkthrough
- FIFA 19 Coins - How to Earn FIFA 19 Coins Fast in FUT 19
- FIFA TOTW 3 - FUT Team of the Week 3 October 3, 2018 for FIFA 19