Nintendo are still continuing with consistent updates for Fire Emblem Heroes, one of the first smartphone games that the company ever released, when it launched worldwide earlier this year.
In case you need a helping hand with any other areas of the game, then head over to our Fire Emblem Heroes guides walkthrough hub, featuring articles on how to summon 5 star Heroes, as well as how to level up and earn XP quickly.
This 1.4.0 Update for Fire Emblem Heroes consists mainly of UI updates and improvements to the game, making it easier to navigate through menus, and do things like claim all your Quest rewards at the same time. Aside from this, there’s also the new Tempest Trials event launching with the update, that brings a series of challenging maps and boss fights to Fire Emblem Heroes.
We’ll round up everything that’s coming to Fire Emblem Heroes in Updating 1.4.0 in this post, and explain what these new features and improvements mean for the game.
Everything New to Fire Emblem Heroes
The New Tempest Trials
The Tempest Trials is a new mode that forces the player to win a series of battles, but only using a set number of Heroes in a limited number of teams, and should any of these Heroes fall in battle, they can’t be resurrected until the very end of the Tempest Trials challenge.
In the last map of the Tempest Trials challenge is a boss area, and you’ll be rewarded based on how well you perform against the boss. This means that, while you’ll gain a larger amount of points if you defeat the boss, you can still be rewarded with points if all your Heroes are defeated and you fail the challenge.
A sample of the rewards you can obtain with points gained through the Tempest Trials can be seen below, and include Orbs and Hero Feathers. If you need help on obtaining Orbs outside of the Tempest Trails, then check out our guide on how to earn Orbs quickly.
More Teams and More Allies
The number of total teams you can create in Fire Emblem Heroes has been increased to 8 with Update 1.4.0, and on top of this, you can also name each of these 8 teams. You can now also choose a Defensive team to take into the Arena, and should you need more help on that particular area of the game, then head over to our guide on how to conquer the Arena.
UI Improvements to Fire Emblem Heroes
Listed below are all the improvements made to the Quest system:
- You can now claim all rewards for completed Quests at the same time.
- If you’ve completed all the Quests in a list, the circle at the top of the list will change color, and the entire Quest list will be moved to the right side in the Quests and Mission menu tab.
- The Quest notifications after battle will change color, in order to denote completed Quests.
Outside of this, there have been additional changes made to the UI of Fire Emblem Heroes, and all of these changes can be found just below:
- Tap a Hero’s level at the top of the screen to see how many times Merge Ally has been performed on that Hero.
- In Settings, Double Tap to Wait and Auto-Battle Text options have been added.
- For maps where certain conditions need to be met in order for victory to be achieved, these conditions will now be displayed at the start of the battle.
- Load times for the Arena have also been reduced.
This is the latest (but presumably not the last) update that Nintendo are bringing to Fire Emblem Heroes, and you can be sure that if any additional changes are made to the game, we’ll update you with everything they feature as soon as we know.