Black Ops 4 offers a slight twist on the tried and tested multiplayer formula we've come to expect over the last few years. It's gearing towards the hero shooter crowd, featuring a set of distinct Specialists each with their own set of abilities and equipment. Each Black Ops 4 Specialist plays noticably different, with some suited to close-range engagements and others opting for a more gadget-based combat style. In this Black Ops 4 Specialists Guide, we'll detail each of the ten specialists you can choose from in CoD Black Ops 4. We'll outline their abilities, equipment, and weapons, and then look at the missions that will be associated with each Specialist.
For more on Call of Duty Black Ops 4, head over to our CoD Black Ops 4 Guides Hub. It’s got everything you need to know about the game, including info on Zombies, the CoD Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Beta, and the Call of Duty Battle Royale Mode, Blackout.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialists
There are ten Specialists to choose from in Call of Duty Black Ops 4, each offering a unique set of abilities and equipment. It's worth checking out what each Specialist comes packed with, as choosing the right one for your playstyle can be a real recipe for success. We've listed all ten Black Ops 4 Specialists below, alongside brief descriptions of their respective equipment.
CoD Black Ops 4 Specialists - All 10 Specialists, Weapons and Equipment Detailed
- Special Issue Equipment: Grapple Gun – allows user to quickly grapple and zip to locations nearby.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Grav Slam – Kinetic device that delivers a lethal blast radius around the point of impact.
- Special Issue Equipment: Tac Deploy – Deployable beacon that gives your teammates the ability to redeploy to the surrounding area.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Annihilator – Massive high-caliber revolver that fires devastating rounds with increased bullet penetration.
- Special Issue Equipment: Reactor Core – Emits a damaging radiation field that wounds enemies and reduces their maximum health for a time and prevents healing.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Purifier – Flamethrower that shoots a steady stream of flame, scorching enemies within close range.
- Special Issue Equipment: Cluster Grenade – Powerful explosive grenade that sticks to surfaces and releases sub-munitions upon detonation.
- Special Issue Weaponry: War Machine – High explosive grenade launcher.
- Special Issue Equipment: Sensor Dart - Reveals enemies within its proximity.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Vision Pulse - Pulse the map to reveal all the enemies for yourself and teammates.
- Special Issue Equipment: Razor Wire – Damages and slows enemies that attempt to cross it.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Barricade – Reinforced cover for protection while securing objectives. Built in microwave field slows and damages enemies.
- Special Issue Equipment: Assault Pack – Supplies ammo packs that provide bonus score for taking down enemies.
- Special Issue Weaponry: TAK-5 – Heals and boosts max health for the user and their team.
- Special Issue Equipment: 9-Bang – Tactical grenade that flashes and stuns. Can be cooked for multiple detonations.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Ballistic Shield – Durable transforming defensive shield with a built-in machine pistol.
- Special Issue Equipment: Mesh Mine - Explosive traps that connect to create lethal tripwires.
- Special Issue Weaponry: K9-Unit – Attack dog that can be commanded to follow you or patrol a designated location.
- Special Issue Equipment: Seeker Shock Mine – A deployable tactical that hunts down enemies and shocks them with temporary paralysis.
- Special Issue Weaponry: Tempest – A tactical rifle that shoots electrically charged shock rounds to incapacitate enemies and any squad mates within their proximity.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialist Missions
In lieu of a proper single player campaign, Treyarch has added a small, story-based mission for each of the specialists. We don’t know much about them as of yet, other than the fact that they will help flesh out each character’s backstory. What we do know is that each one will highlight the abilities and equipment of each Specialist, and that there will be shared stories between some of the characters.