Forza Horizon 4 is out and it's amazing. If you've picked up Forza Horizon 4 on Xbox One or PC, or are playing via Game Pass, this is the guide for you. In this Forza Horizon 4 guide we'll give you some beginner's tips, detail how to download Forza Horizon 4 DLC. We've also got plenty of other FH4 guides, so check them out via the links below.
If you want to see just why Playground Games' racer is so good, head on over to our Forza Horizon 4 review. Give that a read and hopefully you'll learn if the game is for you.
Forza Horizon 4 Guide
Here are our specific Forza Horizon 4 guides, each looking at a certain aspect of Microsoft's gorgeous open-world racing game. Click through to get detailed looks at each subject, or read on for more general Forza Horizon 4 tips.
- Forza Horizon 4 Complete Car List
- Forza Horizon 4 Influence Guide - How to Earn Influence Quickly
- Forza Horizon 4 Barn Finds Guide - All Barn Find Locations
- How to Change Seasons in Forza Horizon 4
Forza Horizon 4 Tips and Tricks
If you're starting Forza Horizon 4 for the first time and want to get a few pointers, check out our tips below. If you can't figure out how to get the Forza Horizon 4 DLC into your game, we've got a guide on how to download the DLC, too.
- For the uninitiated, Forza Horizon 4 takes place around the U.K., and the map can change between Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter.
- There are two types of currency in the game: CR (credits), used to purchase new cars and parts, and Influence, used to gain access to new events and seasons.
- You can earn both types of currency through participating in events around the Forza Horizon 4 map, and the higher you place in events like races, the more CR and Influence you’ll earn.
- You start out in Spring, and you unlock Summer, Fall, and Winter for every 50,000 Influence you hit.
- Every time you level up through earning enough CR, you’ll unlock a ‘Wheelspin’.
- A Wheelspin is basically a lottery of rewards, including new vehicles, outfits for your avatar, and amounts of CR.
How to Download DLC Cars in Forza Horizon 4
If you’ve purchased a special edition of Forza Horizon 4, or if you own the car pass for the game, then you might be wondering how to get your hands on some of these elite DLC vehicles, like the James Bond cars. To access a list of DLC cars in Forza Horizon 4, you’ll firstly want to head to either the main Festival Site in the middle of the map, or a House.
Houses are found by driving around the map, and once you’ve found a House, you’ll then be able to purchase it using CR (although they’re usually pretty expensive). Either visit the Festival Site in Forza Horizon 4, or visit a house you’ve purchased, and you’ll be able to see a list of all the available DLC cars that you can download.
Keep in mind that while most of the DLC cars in Forza Horizon 4 are available for free once you’ve purchased their corresponding expansion packs, some will cost you CR to obtain. These are usually the more elite cars, like the James Bond Aston Martin DB10, in which case you’ll have to get out on the roads and earn some CR through races and other events.
This might be the end of our introductory Forza Horizon 4 guide for now, but there’s plenty more to cover on the game just yet. For now, you can continue ahead to any of our in depth Forza Horizon 4 guides, but we’ll be updating this guide at a later date, as soon as we uncover any additional details in the game.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.