The Division 2 just received its first major update which added the Tidal basin Stronghold. This arrived alongside the Apparel event, a limited time event offering up new cosmetic items. There’s weapon skins, emotes, clothing, and more, with a full Black Tusk outfit being the cherry on top. To make sure you’re making the most of the Apparel Event, we’ve put together this The Division 2 Apparel Event Guide. We’ll take a look at how to get more Invasion Keys, how to get them for free, and also when the Apparel Event will end.
If you’re looking for anything else related to The Division 2, be sure to check out our The Division 2 Guides Hub. It’s where you’ll find all of our The Division 2 Guides content, from a look at the best weapons, to the locations of the dyes that can be found around D.C.
- The Division 2 Apparel Event
- The Division 2 Apparel Event End Date
- The Division 2 Invasion Keys - How to Get Invasion Apparel Cache Keys
- The Division 2 Invasion Masks
- The Division 2 Black Tusk Outfit - How to Get the Black Tusk Uniform
- The Division 2 Invasion Weapon Skins - Hornet, Stars
- The Division 2 Invasion Emotes
- The Division 2 Free Invasion Keys
The Division 2 Apparel Event
The Apparel event is now live in The Division 2, bringing a bunch of new cosmetic items to the game. There’s new masks, new clothing, weapon skins, and even a Black Tusk uniform, should you be in the market for such a thing. Let’s take a look at the details.
The Division 2 Apparel Event End Date
The Division 2 Apparel event started on April 5, and will run all of the way until April 25. There is a specific schedule here, as you have a week after the event ends to redeem all of your keys. We’ve listed the full schedule below:
- Event Live - April 5th to April 25th. During this period, Event keys can be earned from the sources listed above.
- Event Closing - April 25th to May 2nd. If you have leftover keys available, be sure to use them now! You can use your unspent keys, as well as purchase additional ones to complete apparel sets.
- Post Event - May 2nd onward. All items from the Event Cache are moved into the standard Apparel Caches to earn through gameplay, as well as put on the Apparel Store for direct purchase, with an exception for the Black Tusk uniform.
The Division 2 Invasion Keys - How to Get Invasion Apparel Cache Keys
Invasion Apparel Cache Keys are used to open the Invasion Cache. There are 30 keys to earn, and therefore 30 items to get. They aren’t easy to earn, though thankfully it is impossible to get duplicates in this way. We’ve detailed all of the ways in which you can earn more Invasion Keys in The Division 2 below:
- Weekly Apparel Projects: three keys each
- Chance to drop when reaching Field Proficiency upon each level after 30
- Chance to drop when reaching Dark Zone Proficiency
- Direct purchase with Premium Credits
We have found that reaching Dark Zone proficiency is one of the easier ways to earn keys. Make sure you take on the Weekly projects though, as they will give you three keys a piece.
The Division 2 Invasion Masks
As part of the The Division 2 Apparel Event, there are two new masks to earn. These are each earned separately, so it’s important to make sure you’re working towards both of them at all times. The first mask can be earned as one of the 30 items in the Invasion Apparel Cache. The other is earned for completing all three outfits in the Apparel Cache. Essentially, you’ll need to work towards getting all 30 items.
The Division 2 Black Tusk Outfit - How to Get the Black Tusk Uniform
The grand prize for participating in the Apparel Event in The Division 2 is the Black Tusk Outfit. It is granted after you’ve earned all 30 items from the Invasion Apparel Cache. This means you’ll need 30 keys, which can be obtained using the method above.
The Division 2 Invasion Weapon Skins - Hornet, Stars
As we mentioned previously, there are some new weapons skins to pick up in The Division 2. There are nine in total, and include the Hornet and Stars designs. You’ll need to earn these new weapons skins by opening the Invasion Cache.
The Division 2 Invasion Emotes
The final item type that can be earned during the The Division 2 Apparel Event is the emotes. There are four new emotes to get your hands on, including the kiss blowing emote, and the finger guns emote.
The Division 2 Free Invasion Keys
If you’re looking to get your hands on some free Invasion keys, then you’ll want to have picked up the Year One pass. This will grant you 3 Invasion keys instantly, so it’s definitely worth checking out.
If it's more Division 2 coverage you're after here at USG, then we've got just the guides for you. You can check out our Division 2 Exotics guide for some elite weapons, or the Division 2 character customization guide for more. Alternatively, if it's levelling information you're after, there's our Division 2 Skill Power guide, or our Division 2 XP levelling guide. Elsewhere, there's also our guide on where to get all of the Hunter Masks in The Division 2, as well as our breakdown of The Division 2 Dark Zone. In our The Division 2 Guides Hub you'll find all of our The Division 2 guides content, so be sure to check it out.