There's an insane amount of weapons to find and obtain in The Division 2, but if you're after the very best of the best, then you're going to want to get your hands on some Exotic guns. In this Division 2 Exotic weapons guide, we'll be walking you through a complete list of all the Exotic guns that have been found in Ubisoft's game so far.
For more on The Division 2, be sure to head on over to our The Division 2 Guides Hub. It’s where you’ll find all of our The Division 2 Guides content. From a look at the best starting skills, to a breakdown of the character customization, we’ve got you covered.
- The Division 2 Exotic Weapons
- How to Get Exotic Weapons in The Division 2
- The Division 2 Lullaby Exotic
- The Division 2 Ruthless Exotic
- The Division 2 Liberty D50 Pistol
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Exotic
- The Division 2 Merciless Exotic
- The Division 2 Sweet Dreams Exotic
- Other The Division 2 Exotic Weapons
- How to Upgrade Exotic Weapons in The Division 2
- The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide - How to Get the Chatterbox P90 in The Division 2
- The Division 2 Nemesis Exotic Sniper - How to Get Nemesis Blueprint
- The Division 2 Pestilence Exotic LMG - How to Get the Pestilence Gun
The Division 2 Exotic Weapons
Exotic Weapons start to come into play towards the later levels of The Division 2. Each has a unique design, often themed after one of the game’s many factions. They also have bespoke perks, which is what makes them so essential for the endgame trials. Seeing as The Division 2 has only been out for a little while, players are still unearthing new Exotic weapons. As such, we’ll be constantly updating this page as more are discovered.
How to Get Exotic Weapons in The Division 2
In The Division 2, you’ll constantly earn loot, either through caches or random enemy drops. These drops are related to your level, so you’ll only start to see Exotic weapons towards the later levels. So far, we’ve seen Exotics drop as early as level 22. You’ll need to keep grinding high-level activities like Strongholds and Dark Zone in order to up your chances.
The Division 2 Lullaby Exotic
The first The Division 2 Exotic Weapon that has been found is the Lullaby Exotic SPAS-12. It’s an absolute beast, with 2.1k in damage, 70RPM, and a 5.4 second reload. It also comes with the Lullaby Perk. This perk gives you an armor boost of 35% when you hit an enemy with melee after swapping to the shotgun. There’s also the Evasive perk, which reloads one shell after a dodge. To get the Lullaby, you’ll need to have picked up The Capitol Defender Pack. You’ll also get it if you preordered The Division 2.
The Division 2 Ruthless Exotic
Next on the list is the Ruthless Exotic assault rifle. It is a great primary weapon, boasting 300 damage, as well as 260RPM. The thing that makes the Ruthless rifle so special is the Binary Trigger perk, which means you’ll fire twice per shot, once when you pull the trigger, and again when you release it. This essentially turns it into a 2-burst rifle. There’s also the Brutality perk, which has a 5% chance to deal 20% Explosive damage.
The Division 2 Liberty D50 Pistol
There's a desert eagle exotic to grab in The Division 2. It's a tricky gun to put together though, as you'll have to follow the following steps to craft it:
- Complete the Capitol Hill Stronghold to obtain parts from the boss
- Then play American History Museum, Viewpoint Museum, and Space Administration HQ on Hard.
- This will give you all of the parts that you'll need to proceed, so it's juat a case of combining them with a D50 high-end pistol.
The Division 2 Chatterbox Exotic
Next up is the Chatterbox Exotic P90 SMG. You'll need to get the requisite parts to craft it by finding Hyena Chests in Judiciary Square, Downtown East, Downtown West and the Federal Triangle. Then you'll need to craft it using the Chatterbox Blueprint obtained from playing Bank Headquarters on Hard difficulty.
The Division 2 Merciless Exotic
The Merciless exotic is one of the randomized drops that you can get in The Division 2. In short, you'll just need to keep grinding out hard activities at level 30 or above to stand a chance of getting it. Once you do, you'll get the Guerilla Warfare tactic which fires explosive rounds triggered by the release of each shot. This gains an overall 75% in damage.
The Division 2 Sweet Dreams Exotic
The Sweet Dreams weapon has the Sandman Perk, which allows you to retain a bonus 35% armor when you finish off an enemy with the perk active. It is unfortunately another random drop, though grinding out the Roosevelt stronghold on challenging difficulty will grant you it eventually.
Other The Division 2 Exotic Weapons
While there have been no other confirmed Exotic Weapons (we’ll likely need to wait a little longer for that), there were some hints in the beta as to some more. Thanks to the video below by Epic Slay3rs, you can clearly see a collection of exotic looking weapons housed in the firing range. These weapons are no longer there, but are described as follows:
- Lullaby - SPAS-12
- Ruthless - Elite agent pack
- Black Tusk Sniper
- True Sons Desert Eagle
- Exotic Hyena P90
- Outcast M249
We’ll have to wait and see whether these exotic weapons do indeed pop up in the late game, but given the intricate designs, it’s very likely that they will.
How to Upgrade Exotic Weapons in The Division 2
The great thing about Exotic Weapons in The Division 2 is that they can be upgraded. You won’t be able to do so until you hit the level cap, but once you do you can spend resources and credits to up the weapon’s stats. This will allow you to keep your favorite weapon relevant in the future meta, so make sure you keep hold of any Exotic Weapons.
The Division 2 Chatterbox Guide - How to Get the Chatterbox P90 in The Division 2
The Chatterbox is one of the best weapons that you can get in The Division 2, though getting it takes a bit of patience. Here's how to get the Chatterbox P90 in The Division 2.
- Go into the undergorund tunnels and farm Hyena keys.
- We recommend you get 15
- Now, complete the Hyena invaded missions, and look for caches to use the keys on.
- You need to get the SMG Loaded Canister, the SMG Creative Magazine, and the SMG Modified Mod
- Now, you need to complete the Bank Headquarters mission on Challenging difficulty to get the blueprint
- Craft it at a world tier 4 crafting bench for the highest possible gear score.
The Division 2 Nemesis Exotic Sniper - How to Get Nemesis Blueprint
The recent Tidal Basin update to The Division 2 has introduced a bunch of new content into the game. This includes new exotics, as the Nemesis exotic sniper rifle is now available for players to craft. Getting it is a little tricky however, as you'll need the blueprint, along with some parts. Let's take a look at the steps below:
- First off, start the Tidal Basin Stronghold.
- Once you get to the 'patch ISAC into a laptop' objective, enter the large building with the array dish on the roof.
- On the top floor of this building, there is a Black Tusk keycard.
- Pick it up.
- Continue the mission until you reach the hovercraft bay.
- There is a door here which can be opened using the keycard you obtained earlier.
- Inside this door is a weapon crate containing the Adrestia SR1.
- This can be dismantled to get The Tally scope.
- Next, complete the Capitol Building stronghold and kill David "Prime" Maxwell.
- He will drop The Scourge Marksman Barrel when killed.
- Next up, kill Shorty in the invaded Roosevelt Island stronghold.
- Then, kill Klutz in the District Union Arena stronghold.
- This is where things get tricky, as you'll need the Nemesis blueprint to proceed.
- Currently, the Nemesis Blueprint is not available. It is set to be added very soon.
The Division 2 Pestilence Exotic LMG - How to Get the Pestilence Gun
The second exotic added via the Tidal Basin update to The Division 2 is the Pestilence LMG. It's a little easier to get than the Nemesis, as you'll be able to get it in The Dark Zone. Check out dteails on how to get the Pestilence Exotic LMG below:
- Head into the Dark Zone
- You can choose either standard or occupied
- Kill named bosses to drop the Pestilence.
- It is a random drop, but killing named bosses will get you the gun.
That’s everything we know so far about Exotic Weapons in The Division 2. For more on the game, why not visit our The Division 2 leveling guide for a look at how to reach level cap faster.