The FIFA 18 World Cup Update is out now, timed to coincide with the real world event that's soon to take place in Russia this summer. In this guide to the FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 update we'll break down all the new World Cup 2018 game modes, changes to FUT for the World Cup and all the teams and stadiums included in the free update.
For more on the base game, FIFA 18, head to our FIFA 18 Guide hub. Over there you'll get all the info you need to get better at the game and build the best team in career or Ultimate Team.
FIFA 18 World Cup Mode
The FIFA 18 World Cup Update that brings Russia 2018 to the game adds a significant amount of new content. In the following guide we'll explain all the new modes and updates to FUT 18, plus let you know when you're going to be able to play the new World Cup 2018 content on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch, and Mobile.
The FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 experience, delivered via a free update, will include a full tournament experience, authentic teams, stadiums, kits, badges, Official Match Ball and the Official Winner's Trophy.
FIFA 18 World Cup Update Release Date?
As the FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Update is tied to the upcoming international tournament, the free Russia 2018 update released ons May 29 for PS4, Xbox One, PC, and Nintendo Switch. An update for FIFA Mobile arrived on June 6.
How Much Does the FIFA 18 World Cup Mode Update Cost?
EA has announced that the FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 update coming to PS4, Xbox One, PC, Switch and FIFA Mobile will be free to download and play. You will require a version of FIFA 18 to access the FIFA 18 World Cup mode and features.
How Big is the FIFA 18 World Cup Update Download?
The FIFA 18 World Cup update is out now and is a pretty sizable download. On PS4 the World Cup 2018 update is 4.427 GB. The size of the download on other platforms should be similar.
What Teams are in the FIFA 18 World Cup Update
EA's FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 update includes all the teams that qualified for this summer's tournament. We've listed them all below, in their groups, and just below that you'll find the list of teams that EA has included from the pool of nations that didn't qualify.
- Group A: Russia, Uruguay, Egypt, Saudi Arabia
- Group B: Portugal, Spain, Iran, Morocco
- Group C: France, Peru, Denmark, Australia
- Group D: Argentina, Croatia, Iceland, Nigeria
- Group E: Brazil, Switzerland, Costa Rica, Serbia
- Group F: Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea
- Group G: Belgium, England, Tunisia, Panama
- Group H: Poland, Colombia, Senegal, Japan
The following nations didn't qualify for the World Cup 2018, but EA has included them in the FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 update. While you can't play through the official World Cup mode as one of these teams, you can create a custom tournament and play exhibition matches with them.
- China PR
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Northern Ireland
- United States
FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Update Game Modes and Features
Here we've got details on all the new game modes and features being added with the free FIFA 18 World Cup Update. Click on the links to get more detailed info on dedicated guide pages.
- FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team - FUT World Cup 2018 Guide
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Packs Guide
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Stadiums
- FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Festival of Futball Guide
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Argentina Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Belgium Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 France Player Ratings
- FIFA 18 World Cup 2018 Germany Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Spain Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 England Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 Brazil Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 AFC Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 CAF Player Ratings
- FIFA World Cup 2018 CONMEBOL Player Ratings
2018 FIFA World Cup Mode in FIFA 18 - Russia 2018
This is the virtual recreation of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia. Pick one of the 32 qualified national teams and see how far you can take them in the biggest football tournament on the planet. On PC, PS4 and Xbox One players will benefit from the official 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia graphic and broadcast package. This, EA says, will "deliver cinematic scenes that continue the FIFA World Cup experience". Compete to take your team from the group stage all the way to the final in Moscow.
Custom FIFA World Cup Tournament
The Custom FIFA World Cup Tournament mode in the FIFA 18 World Cup update lets you include teams that didn't make it into the 2018 World Cup Finals. By creating a custom line-up of national teams you can include and play as nations such as Italy, USA, Netherlands, and Chile. Use this mode to rewrite the history books and ensure your nation is represented at the 2018 World Cup.
If you want to get the 2018 FIFA World Cup atmosphere in FIFA 18 but don't want to enter the full tournament, the World Cup Kick-Off Mode is for you. Play exhibition matches against the AI or friends, but with the official teams, players, kits, and stadiums of the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team
FIFA 18's most popular mode, FUT, is being overhauled for its FUT World Cup mode. As well as letting you build your own Ultimate Team using players from the 2018 World Cup, you'll get to make use of tweaked FUT Chemistry and brand new FIFA World Cup Icons. Check out our FIFA 18 World Cup FUT Guide for more details on all the changes and features in the new FUT World Cup Mode.
If you're looking for help with FIFA 19, we've got a full FIFA 19 guide. If you'd rather hop directly to one of our specific guides, we've got them all for you just below.
- FIFA 19 Best Player Ratings Guide
- FIFA 19 Ultimate Team Guide
- FIFA 19 Defending Guide
- FIFA 19 Fastest Players
- FIFA 19 Best Young Players
- FIFA 19 How to Score Lots of Goals
- FIFA 19 Hidden Gems and Wonderkids
- FIFA 19 The Journey Walkthrough
- FIFA 19 Coins - How to Earn FIFA 19 Coins Fast in FUT 19
- FIFA TOTW 3 - FUT Team of the Week 3 October 3, 2018 for FIFA 19