The Call of Duty series will see its first ever battle royale mode implemented this week. It's called Call of Duty Blackout Battle Royale, and puts a distinct Call of Duty spin on the classic Battle Royale formula you no doubt know pretty well by now. In this Call of Duty Blackout everything we know page, we'll go over everything we know about the mode so far, including player count, gameplay details and more. We'll take a look at the Call of Duty Blackout release date, how weapons and characters will work, and what the map looks like.
For all the other details on CoD Black Ops 4, head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 guides hub, where you'll find info on Zombies Mode, Specialists, Perks and gameplay.
CoD Black Ops 4 Blackout Battle Royale Release Date
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout is expected to launch at the same time as the full game, on October 12, 2018. This has not been officially confirmed by Activision, though it was included in the official reveal event for the game.
There will be a Call of Duty Blackout Beta to give players a taste of the full experience. You can check out the full details in our Call of Duty Blackout Beta Guide.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout Mode - Weapons, Characters, Teams, Modes
There are some additional details for CoD Black Ops 4 Blackout Mode, including info on weapons, characters and teams, so we've grouped them all in the following list:
- There will be weapons from previous iterations
- Characters from zombies and other Call of Duty games will be playable
- Both solo and team-based play is available
- You can use the RC car
- You'll need to download the Battlenet client in order to play it on PC
- Judging by the trailer, every game will begin by parachuting in, much like in Fortnite or PUBG, though with wingsuits available to cover more ground much faster
- Vehicles we spotted in the trailer include ATVs, tanks, trucks, helicopters and boat
- Drones can be deployed to scout out an area
- Riot Shields can be deployed
- The player count will be 80 in the beta, though there are plans to increase that number if possible for launch
- You'll be able to use Specialist equipment, such as Ruin's Grapple Hook
- More characters are set to be added post launch
Treyarch has revealed the Blackout map. It'll feature a collection of distinct locales based on iconic maps from previous games, along with some new areas as well. You can check out all of the info on the Call of Duty Blackout Map by heading over to our Blackout Map Guide.
That's every detail we know so far about Call of Duty Blackout Battle Royale. We'll be updating this guide as we learn more about the mode, and will be adding additional guides to the main Call of Duty Black Ops 4 hub. For a look at when you can jump into the CoD Black Ops 4 Multiplayer Beta, head to our CoD Black Ops 4 Beta Guide.