Call of Duty Black Ops 4 comes with a battle royale mode this year. It's called Blackout, and sees 88 players drop onto a huge map to battle it out for supremacy. In this Call of Duty Blackout Everything We Know page, we'll be listing everything you need to know about Blackout, from the info released so far. We'll be covering the release date, player count, and more.
For all the other details on CoD Black Ops 4, head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 guides hub, where you'll find info on Zombies Mode, Specialists, Perks and gameplay.
CoD Black Ops 4 Blackout Battle Royale Release Date
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout is expected to launch at the same time as the full game, on October 12, 2018. This has not been officially confirmed by Activision, though it was included in the official reveal event for the game.
There will be a Call of Duty Blackout Beta to give players a taste of the full experience. You can check out the full details in our Call of Duty Blackout Beta Guide.
Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Blackout Details
There are some additional details for CoD Black Ops 4 Blackout Mode, including info on weapons, characters and teams, so we've grouped them all in the following list:
- There will be weapons from previous iterations
- Characters from zombies and other Call of Duty games will be playable
- Both solo and team-based play is available
- You can use the RC car
- You'll need to download the Battlenet client in order to play it on PC
- Each game begins by droping in with a wingsuit, then parachute
- Vehicles we spotted in the trailer include ATVs, tanks, trucks, helicopters and boat
- Drones can be deployed to scout out an area
- Riot Shields and other specialist abilities can be used
- The player count will be 80 in the beta, though this will be increased at launch
- You'll be able to use Specialist equipment, such as Ruin's Grapple Hook
- More characters are set to be added post launch
- Zombies can be found on the map
- The map is made up of iconic Call of Duty maps from the series' history
Treyarch has revealed the Blackout map. It'll feature a collection of distinct locales based on iconic maps from previous games, along with some new areas as well. You can check out all of the info on the Call of Duty Blackout Map by heading over to our Blackout Map Guide.
For info on Call of Duty Black Ops 4's Battle Royale Mode, you can head over to our Call of Duty Blackout Guides Hub . For more specific help with the game check out our Call of Duty Blackout Map Guide, Blackout best Weapons guide, how to unlock Blackout characters guide, and our look at the Best Blackout Perks.
If you're looking for more on Call of Duty Black Ops 4, you can head over to our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Guides Hub . For more specific help check out our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Specialists - All Specialist Abilities, Equipment and Weapons guide, our Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Zombies Guide, our look at Black Ops 4 Operator Mods, CoD BLOPS 4 Killstreaks, the Best Attachments, Best Perks in Black Ops 4, and Black Ops 4 Best Weapons. We've also got detailed guides to the IX Zombies Easter Eggs and the Voyage of Despair Easter Eggs.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.