- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Captain Falcon Guide
- Captain Falcon Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
- How to Unlock Captain Falcon in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Captain Falcon Changes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Captain Falcon Alternate Costumes
- Captain Falcon Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
With Super Smash Bros Ultimate set to bring back every single Smash Bros. character in history, we figured we’d take a look at each one to see what’s new. Most characters have only received minor tweaks, while some have seen major overhauls to their fighting style. In this Super Smash Bros Ultimate Captain Falcon Guide, we’re going to take a look at Captain Falcon, and see what’s changed since his last appearance. We’ll breakdown the Captain Falcon moveset, final smash, outfits, and more.
For more on every single fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Characters Guide. You'll find breakdowns of all of the other characters, a look at the new additions to the game, and more.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Captain Falcon Guide
Thanks to some awesome trailers and assets that came out of E3 2018, we now know a little bit more about Captain Falcon. Here’s his alternate outfits, changes and moves.
Captain Falcon Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
We've detailed all of Captain Falcon's Special Moves in the table below. You'll find info on how to perform all of Captain Falcon's special moves and Final Smash.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|B||Neutral Special||Falcon Punch|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Green Missile||Raptor Boost|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Falcon Dive|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Falcon Kick|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Blue Falcon|
For a look at the first Super Smash Bros DLC Fighter, be sure to head to our Super Smash Bros Joker Guide. It's where you'll find details on the Joker release date, amiibo, and more.
How to Unlock Captain Falcon in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Unlike previous Smash games, fighters are unlocked in the same way for all, rather than character-specific challenges. This means that while it can be a bit of a grind, all you need to do is play the game naturally and you’ll eventually unlock all of the characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ve listed the three ways you can unlock characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate below:
- Playing the World of Light single-player mode.
- Completing Classic Mode with a character.
- Playing the ‘Challenger Approaches’ fights that appear regularly, you will need to win them.
The fastest method involves triggering the Challenger Fights by reloading the game regularly. We’ve listed the method below:
- Quit to the home screen and Restart the game.
- Create a match with a custom rule set.
- Make sure the match is 1 minute long, or 1 stock if you'd prefer.
- After finishing the match (you can win or lose) you will offered a new Challenger Fight.
- You'll need to win the Challenger fight
For more info on unlocking characters using the modes listed above, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Character Unlock Guide .
Captain Falcon Changes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Captain Falcon has received a few minor changes since his last appearance in the Smash Bros. series. Nethertheless, small changes to moves can mean big changes in strategy for some players, so we’ve gathered everything that’s changed.
- Captain Falcon’s “Blood Falcon” costume has been changed
- Slow motion effect added to Falcon Punch
- New animation for Falcon Dive
- New animation for Raptor Boost
- New ground attack - flaming punch forward smash
Captain Falcon Alternate Costumes
As with other characters, Captain Falcon has a handful of variant outfits to choose from. So far, we only know about one for sure, teh “Blood Falcon” Costume. You can check it out in the image embedded above. Many characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate feature the same alternate costumes as in the previous game, so this might be a good indicator for what to expect this time around.
Captain Falcon Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
There has been no word on whether or not Captain Falcon will have a new final smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. Previously, he has used the Blue Falcon Final Smash, calling upon his F-Zero Vehicle to take down enemies. We’ll update when we know more, but it is likely that Super Smash Bros Ultimate will feature the same Final smash as before.
That’s everything we know about Captain Falcon in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ll add more info as we learn more about the character. You can head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate guide hub in the meantime for more general details on the game, like what the Ridley amiibo looks like, what stages are in the game, and more.