- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inkling Guide
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inkling Tips
- Inkling Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
- How to Unlock Inkling in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Inkling Alternate Costumes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Inkling Moves in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Inkling Final Smash Move in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
During E3 2018 we received a ton of new details around Super Smash Bros Ultimate. The full roster was revealed during Nintendo’s Treehouse event, alongside some details on what we can expect from the series’ debut on Nintendo Switch. There were some new characters announced too, including Inkling from the Splatoon series. In this Super Smash Bros Ultimate Inkling Guide, we’ll break down everything we know about the fighter, including outfits, the Inkling moves set, and final smash.
For more on the complete roster of Super Smash Bros Ultimate, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Characters Guide. We’ve got a full list of every fighter in the game, and are working on detailing every single one.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inkling Guide
Inkling will be making its debut in the Smash Bros. series in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. It’s an ensemble character of sorts, comprising several different designs all lifted from the Splatoon series. Each look is available as a separate outfit, though all will have the same moveset. We’ve detailed all of the info on Inkling in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate below:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inkling Tips
Inkling is one of the new characters in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. They're a pretty unique fighter, in that players must manage an ink meter that is spent using certain moves. Inkling is a tricky character to get right, so to help you out we've listed some Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Inkling tips below:
- Inkling has very fast movement options and can be played offensively or defensively.
- Multiply damage by inking opponents.
- Use Down Throw to start combos.
- Smash attacks use ink meter, so if you want to inflict good knockback, keep it refilled.
- Hold Special and Shield to refill ink meter.
- The Roller is great for approaching enemies and will ground them if hit.
- From this grounded state, use Up Smash for a kill at fairly low percentages.
- Back Throw has high kill potential when used to launch the enemy off of a nearby ledge.
Inkling Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
We've detailed all of Inkling's Special Moves in the table below. You'll find info on how to perform all of Inkling's special moves and Final Smash.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Side Special||Splat Roller|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Super Jump|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Splat Bomb|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Killer Wail|
For a look at the first Super Smash Bros DLC Fighter, be sure to head to our Super Smash Bros Joker Guide. It's where you'll find details on the Joker release date, amiibo, and more.
How to Unlock Inkling in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Unlike previous Smash games, fighters are unlocked in the same way for all, rather than character-specific challenges. This means that while it can be a bit of a grind, all you need to do is play the game naturally and you’ll eventually unlock all of the characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ve listed the three ways you can unlock characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate below:
- Playing the World of Light single-player mode.
- Completing Classic Mode with a character.
- Playing the ‘Challenger Approaches’ fights that appear regularly, you will need to win them.
The fastest method involves triggering the Challenger Fights by reloading the game regularly. We’ve listed the method below:
- Quit to the home screen and Restart the game.
- Create a match with a custom rule set.
- Make sure the match is 1 minute long, or 1 stock if you'd prefer.
- After finishing the match (you can win or lose) you will offered a new Challenger Fight.
- You'll need to win the Challenger fight
For more info on unlocking characters using the modes listed above, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Character Unlock Guide .
Inkling Alternate Costumes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
The most notable feature of the new Inkling character is that it is actually made up of several different Splatoon characters, all available as different alternate outfits. Here’s a list of every single one:
- Orange female Inkling
- Blue male Inkling
- Yellow female Inkling
- Green male Inkling
- Pink female Inkling
- Cyan male Inkling
- Purple female Inkling
- Navy male Inkling
Inkling Moves in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Inkling is an all new character in the Smash series and as such comes with her very own unique fighting style. Her moveset is made up of standard close-range attacks and then special moves where she uses weapons from the Splatoon series. She has the Splat Roller, Splat Bomb, and Splattershot at her disposal, all ripped straight from Splatoon 2.
Inkling Final Smash Move in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
As with all of the other fighters in the game, Inkling has a Final Smash Special Attack. You can check it out in the trailer embedded above, which show Inkling planting down a huge Megaphone and blasting away her enemies. It’s called the Killer Wail, which is named after the Splatoon weapon that it is based on.
That’s all the details we have on Inkling in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. For more general info on the game including everything we know so far, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Guides Hub.