- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Luigi Guide
- Luigi Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
- How to Unlock Luigi in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Luigi Changes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Luigi Alternate Costumes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
- Luigi Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
We know that Super Smash Bros Ultimate will feature every single fighter in Smash history, and will bring the iconic franchise to Nintendo Switch for the very first time. With a roster as huge as this, we figured it would be good to detail every single character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. This guide focuses on Luigi, and will take a look at everything we know about the character. We’ll dive into all of Luigi’s changes from the last game, and give you an idea as to what alternate costumes will be available for the character, as well as the Luigi Moves Set.
For details on the other characters in the game, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Characters Guide. We’ll be regularly adding Character guides to it in the lead up to launch, so check back to see if we’ve covered your favorite character.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Luigi Guide
Luigi makes a triumphant return in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, bringing his trademark green overalls, and some pretty awesome special attacks. He’s been a part of the fighting series since the very beginning, and looks better than ever this time around.
Luigi Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
We've detailed all of Luigi's Special Moves in the table below. You'll find info on how to perform all of Luigi's special moves and Final Smash.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Green Missile||Fox Illusion|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Super Jump Punch|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Luigi Cyclone|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Poltergust G-00|
For a look at the first Super Smash Bros DLC Fighter, be sure to head to our Super Smash Bros Joker Guide. It's where you'll find details on the Joker release date, amiibo, and more.
How to Unlock Luigi in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Unlike previous Smash games, fighters are unlocked in the same way for all, rather than character-specific challenges. This means that while it can be a bit of a grind, all you need to do is play the game naturally and you’ll eventually unlock all of the characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ve listed the three ways you can unlock characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate below:
- Playing the World of Light single-player mode.
- Completing Classic Mode with a character.
- Playing the ‘Challenger Approaches’ fights that appear regularly, you will need to win them.
The fastest method involves triggering the Challenger Fights by reloading the game regularly. We’ve listed the method below:
- Quit to the home screen and Restart the game.
- Create a match with a custom rule set.
- Make sure the match is 1 minute long, or 1 stock if you'd prefer.
- After finishing the match (you can win or lose) you will offered a new Challenger Fight.
- You'll need to win the Challenger fight
For more info on unlocking characters using the modes listed above, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Character Unlock Guide .
Luigi Changes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Luigi hasn’t received any drastic changes since his last appearance in the Smash series. There are some minor tweaks here and there that freshen the character for the new game, so we’ve collected them in the following list:
- Luigi has more detailed facial expressions this time around
- Dashing animation has been altered to match his running style in Super Mario 3D World
- New uppercut available as an UP Tilt
- Different charge animation for Green Missile special attack
Luigi Alternate Costumes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Luigi’s alternate outfits in Super Smash Bros Ultimate include Raccoon ears, Purple Luigi, as well as the basic color variants from the last game. It’s unclear as to whether he will have anymore at launch, so stay tuned for further updates.
Luigi Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Luigi’s Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate is currently a bit of a mystery. There has been no official word whether or not he will have a new one in Super Smash Ultimate, or whether his Poltergust 5000 move will be carried over from the last game. We’ll update you with more details as we get them.
That’s everything on Luigi in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. To check out some more details about the upcoming fighting game, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Guides Hub. It’s got trailers, a look at the new amiibo, some stages and more.