One of the strangest fighters in the Smash Bros series is Mii Fighter. It comes in three different versions: Gunner, Brawler and Swordfighter. They’re all back for Super Smash Bros Ultimate, and have gone through a number of subtle tweaks since their last appearance. In this Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Fighter Guide, we’ll detail these changes, and also provide some info on the Mii Fighter’s Final Smash and Alternate Costumes. We’ll also take a look at the Xenoblade outfit for the Mii Swordfighter.
For more on Super Smash Bros Ultimate, you can head over to our Smash Bros Ultimate Characters Guide. It’s got an ever-growing list of guides on every character in the game. We add them in regularly, so it’s definitely worth checking back to see if we’ve covered your favorite fighter yet.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Mii Fighter Guide
Given that Mii Fighter is essentially three separate characters, there’s a fair bit to wrap your head around. There have been a number of changes to each, including the way that players can customize their Mii Fighters. We’ve included all of the key info below.
Mii Fighter Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
As proof that Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has included every character since the dawn of time, you can play as a Mii. In the table just below, you’ll find a complete list of all the moves that the Wii Fighter can use.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|B||Neutral Special||Gale Strike|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Green Missile||Airborne Assault|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Stone Scabbard|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Blade Counter|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Final Edge|
How to Unlock Mii Fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Unlike previous Smash games, fighters are unlocked in the same way for all, rather than character-specific challenges. This means that while it can be a bit of a grind, all you need to do is play the game naturally and you’ll eventually unlock all of the characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ve listed the three ways you can unlock characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate below:
- Playing the World of Light single-player mode.
- Completing Classic Mode with a character.
- Playing the ‘Challenger Approaches’ fights that appear regularly, you will need to win them.
The fastest method involves triggering the Challenger Fights by reloading the game regularly. We’ve listed the method below:
- Quit to the home screen and Restart the game.
- Create a match with a custom rule set.
- Make sure the match is 1 minute long, or 1 stock if you'd prefer.
- After finishing the match (you can win or lose) you will offered a new Challenger Fight.
- You'll need to win the Challenger fight
For more info on unlocking characters using the modes listed above, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Character Unlock Guide .
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Swordfighter Changes
Each of the three Mii Fighter types have gone through a few changes. We’ve listed the changes to Mii Swordfighter below:
- Dash is faster.
- Jumpsquat animation has changed.
- Down aerial has a new animation.
- Final smash has been changed, more on that later.
- Blurring Blade does fire damage and features a flame effect.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Gunner Changes
There have been even more changes to the Mii Gunner for Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ve listed all of the ones we’ve noticed below.
- New idle animation
- Dash is faster
- Jumpsquat animation is different
- Charge Blast can be charged in the air.
- Lunar Launch has more range.
- Down aerial is quicker to start.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Brawler Changes
Finally, let’s take a look at the changes that have been made to the Mii Brawler. We’ve listed the ones that we’ve noticed below:
- Jumpsquat animation has been shortened.
- Dash is faster
- Forward Aerial is faster.
- Final Smash has been tweaked slightly, more on that later.
- Feint Jump can now meteor smash opponents.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Brawler Final Smash
Omega Blitz is the Final Smash that Mii Brawler uses in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. It is slightly different this time around, in that Mii Brawler stands in place while executing the move.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Mii Swordfighter Xenoblade Costume
There are no new Xenoblade characters in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. To lessen the blow a little, Nintendo is offering a Xenoblade 2 outfit for Mii Swordfighter. To get it, you have to pick up the Fighter Pass. This is the DLC Season Pass being offered alongside the game.
That’s everything we know about Mii Fighter in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. We’ll be adding more info as we get it, but in the meantime you can head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Guides Hub for more info on the game.