Now that we know Super Smash Bros Ultimate will feature every single Smash Bros character in history we decided to start detailing each one, one by one. We’ll take a look at moveset, alternate costumes, changes from the last game, and more. We’ll be adding to each guide as we learn more details. In this Super Smash Bros Ultimate Samus Guide, we’ve pulled together all the info on everyone’s favorite bounty hunter.
If you’re looking for details on some of the other characters in the game, you can head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Characters Guide. We’ll be adding details on more and more characters over time, so be sure to check back and see if we’ve covered your favorite fighter yet.
Super Samsh Bros. Ultimate Samus Guide
Samus returns once again in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. She’s been a part of the series since the very beginning, so it’s no surprise that she’s available in the new game. There have been some changes to the way Samus plays, albeit very subtle ones. Let’s take a look at what they are.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate Samus Tips
Samus can be a tricky character to master, though is extremely effective when used right. We've listed some essential Samus tips to keep in mind while playing.
- Use Samus' bombs constantly, they're great for slowing your decent.
- If an enemy is attempting to climb back onto the stage, drop a bomb at the edge and then fire a fully charged B Special. This will instantly break the shield and stun them.
- Up Special can be used to juggle opponents.
- Down Smash is a particularly easy Meteor Smash to use.
- Dash attack deals massive knockback
- You can use tether to get back to the edge.
- Grab then hold up to start a move that is easy to turn into a juggle.
- Up Smash can be used to stop opponents coming in from the air
Samus Smash Bros. Ultimate Moves Set and Final Smash
We've detailed all of Samus' Special Moves in the table below. You'll find info on how to perform all of Samus' special moves and Final Smash.
|Special Move Controls||Special Type||Special Move Name|
|B||Neutral Special||Charge Shot|
|Left Stick Left/Right + B||Side Special||Missile|
|Left Stick Up + B||Up Special||Screw Attack|
|Left Stick Down + B||Down Special||Bomb|
|B when FS Meter is Full||Final Smash||Zero Laser|
Samus Alternate Costumes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
As usual, Samus boasts some alternate outfits in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. They’re pretty much just variations of different armor colors, much like what we saw in SSB4, used to distinguish between players. It’s possible that we might get to see some other ones, but currently there is no official confirmation.
Samus Changes in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
The changes to Samus in Super Smash Bros Ultimate are very subtle indeed, as much of her moveset and animations have remained unchanged. We’ve listed all the changes we noticed below:
- Extra Air Dodge animation
- New throw up animation in which she blasts her enemy with the cannon
- Bombs explode on contact with other characters
- Amus releases flames from her suit while performing her Final Smash
Samus Final Smash in Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Samus’ Zero Laser returns as Samus’ Final Smash Special move. This time, she unleashes jets of flame out of the back of her suit whilst firing. It’s as devastating as ever though, which you can see for yourself in the video embedded above.
That’s everything you need to know about Samus in Super Smash Bros Ultimate. For more details about the game, including release date, trailers and stages, head over to our Super Smash Bros Ultimate Guide.