Resident Evil 7's Antique Coins are hidden collectibles that you can use to unlock upgrades via bird cages in the Trailer and other special save points. The major upgrades you can get are a health upgrade, a reload speed upgrade, and a magnum, one of the most powerful weapons in the game. This Resident Evil 7 guide will tell you where to find all 18 Antique Coins.
First, though, a note on the Dirty Coin you can get by solving the mysteries in the playable teaser Beginning Hour: The Dirty Coin can be used as an extra Antique Coin towards unlocking upgrades. That makes it well worth having, so fire up the Resi 7 demo and get the Dirty coin before you start. You should also open a new tab for our lovingly crafted Resident Evil 7 walkthrough, which will cover all the various terrifying elements that aren't collectible-based.
Also note this guide details how to get all 18 Antique Coins in Easy and Normal difficulty mode. On Madhouse mode, the number of coins is increased to 33 and their locations are almost all different. To find these coins, check out Resident Evil 7: How to Find All 33 Antique Coins in Madhouse Mode.
Antique Coin Locations in Resident Evil 7
- Look in the locked drawer in the kitchen. To open it, play the Derelict House Footage VHS tape and look for a Lock Pick in the area you start in there. Go inside the house and use the Lock Pick to unlock the kitchen drawer. After the tape is done, go back to the drawer to find it unlocked. Grab the Antique Coin inside.
- After going through the crawlspace beneath 1F of the Main House, look for a red lawnmower and get the Antique Coin on top of it.
- Head to the upper left part of the map and look in a drawer by a wrecked couch by the dog head door. Get the Antique Coin from there.
- Go upstairs to the Main House 2F and find the Recreation Room. Look for the Mr. Everywhere above the pool table by a locked door. The Antique Coin is next to it.
- Enter the Bathroom on 2F of the Main House and reach into the toilet to fish out an Antique Coin.
- Go to the briefing room on 1F of the Main House and look for an ashtray next to the locked box. There's an Antique Coin inside of it.
- Descend to the Processing Area in the basement of the Main House. In the room where you get the Scorpion Key, look to the left of the metal shelves it's on to find a wooden palette. Behind it is an Antique Coin.
- Go through the dog head door into the Yard and walk down some steps until you get to some grass. Go right twice and hug the outside of the house until you find a flower pot. An Antique Coin is inside.
- In the trailer in the yard, there's an Antique Coin in front of the cage with the Magnum.
- At the Old House, you'll crawl through a small hole and watch Mia in another room. The hallway that leads there has a trolley in it with an Antique Coin on it.
- In 1F of the Old House, look on top of the toilet in the outhouse that has the Crow Key to find an Antique Coin.
- Advance the story past the crow door in 2F of the Old House until you come to a dead end where you need a lantern. Nearby is some drawers with an Antique Coin in them.
- At the Testing Area, go to the large barn. Enter the small storage room there. Shoot the trip wire explosives before entering. Search the green desk to find an Antique Coin.
- On 2F of the Testing Area, look for some shelves next to the button that drops the stairs to go back down to 1F. In the corner of one of the shelves is an Antique Coin.
- After the flashback with two workers that opens up a duct in the Wrecked Ship, drop into the hole there. Crawl right to find an Antique Coin at the dead end.
- Soon after, you'll pass a body and come to some water. An Antique Coin is to the left of the ladder that leads out of the water.
- Find a Lock Pick in 2F of the Wrecked Ship in a small room near the bunk rooms and up a ladder. Then go to 3F and use the Lock Pick on the big red box. An Antique Coin is inside.
- In Wrecked Ship S2 past an engine room and down some stairs and up and around to a higher door, there's a lockbox. Use some corrosive on it to melt the box open and claim the Antique Coin inside.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.