Assassin's Creed Odyssey takes place throughout Ancient Greece, and Drachmae is the currency that everyone uses all across the huge land. In this guide we'll be walking you through how to make money quickly, so you can fill your pockets with as many coins as possible.
On this page:
How to Make Money Quickly in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
To kick things off, Drachmae in Assassin’s Creed can generally be found in all corpses in the game. With a game world this big, it’s well worth setting sail for the four corners of the map, as there’s plenty of tombs and other hidden locations that hide vast sums of treasure, for Kassandra and Alexios to recover.
Just below, we’ll outline the key tips and tricks we’ve found so far in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey for earning money quickly.
- Firstly, always know where the Blacksmith is. The Blacksmith is marked by an anvil icon on your map, and it’s here that you can sell any unwanted weapons and armor items.
- When you’re selling items at the Blacksmith, there’s a button on the left that says ‘Sell Trade Goods.’ Don’t worry about accidentally selling anything important through this, as Trade Goods are all items that you have no use for.
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is full of wildlife, and it pays to hunt. You can scavenge materials from animals that can then be sold back at the Blacksmith.
- If it's a fight you're after, head to the nearest fort on your map, and take out all the soldiers you can find. Make sure to scan around for chests using Ikaros, and you'll have a ton of unwanted gear to sell the Blacksmith.
- Picking a fight on the high seas is always a good idea for earning Drachmae. Make sure to board the ship once you've reduced its health to zero, slay all crew, and loot the treasure chests to earn as many weapons and armor items as possible.
- While you're running through the world of Assassin's Creed Odyssey, don't forget to always be on the lookout for any wood/metal deposits nearby. You can claim these items, and then sell any that you don't use for upgrading your ship on to the Blacksmith.
If you're cutting through Assassin's Creed Odyssey, we've got everything you'd ever need at our Walkthrough here. Whether it's combat, stealth or finding the best items, we can provide.
Best Way to Spend Money
There's a lot of places to spend money, but we'd prioritize either upgrading your equipment or your ship when uncertain about what to spend on next. There'll be no shortage of options in either respect, and money will be something you'll always have a pressing need for. It's also worth buying multiple equipment loadouts in your inventory for swapping between different builds quickly.
Now that you're in Greece's one percent, why not check out some of the other Assassin's Creed articles we've got here at USG? You can find Mike's review of Odyssey here, or check out Caty's thoughts on the game's early story here.