Thirsty players, rejoice: Assassin's Creed Odyssey has full romance options, a first for the series. In this guide we'll be detailing how you can go about sleeping your way across Ancient Greece as easily as possible and how to make romances with NPCs.
On this page:
How to Start Romances in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
As we mentioned at the top of this guide, Assassin's Creed Odyssey marks the first time that romance options have been available in Ubisoft's series. 2017's excellent Assassin's Creed Origins introduced us to an RPG take on the series, but it's in this game that further RPG systems are added.
Firstly, romance in Assassin's Creed Odyssey is entirely optional. There are so characters in the main story of the game that you can romance, and you'll only ever uncover potential love interests through completing side missions. Therefore, you'll have to get out and about, exploring all that the huge map of Ancient Greece has to offer, if you want to find someone to romance, as either Kassandra or Alexios.
Secondly, establishing a romance with another character doesn't tie you into an actual relationship. Think of it more as a one night stand, after which you're free to go about your business anywhere you please. There aren't any penalties for romancing more than one character in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
Finally, although you can initiate a romance with another character in Assassin's Creed Odyssey by selecting a dialogue option with a small white heart next to it, you're not immediately guaranteed success. The character you're attempting to romance can do two things once you select the romance dialogue option: either they'll ask you to undertake a small side quest for them, or they'll inquire further about you.
All Romanceable NPCs
Just below, we'll list out a few bullet points that can help you to romance a character in Assassin's Creed Odyssey:
- If the NPC presents you with a side quest, simply undertake the quest for them.
- But they can instead inquire about you and engage you in conversation.
- If this is the case, you have to pick the dialogue option that you think will please them most.
- Pay close attention to the conversation, you'll need to be in their good books if you want to romance them.
If you're cutting through Assassin's Creed Odyssey, we've got everything you'd ever need at our Walkthrough here. Whether it's combat, stealth or finding the best items, we can provide.
Just below, we'll list out all the quests that we've found (so far) that allow you to romance characters Assassin's Creed Odyssey. You'll find some of these characters in the story of the game, and others scattered far and wide over Ancient Greece.
- A Small Odyssey - You can start this quest in Odysseus's Palace, in Ithaka.
- A Family Ordeal - Odessa's next quest can be found on a farm to the east of Megara, in Megaris.
- A True Story - The third and final act of Odessa's story, this quest can be started at Odessa's farm, in the east of Megaris.
- Oil and Love - During this main story quest, you can romance a rather flamboyant character called Alkibiades.
- Age is Just a Number - Found in the Temple of Apollo in Phokis, this quest lets you satisfy a slightly older woman.
- Trouble in Paradise - This side quest is given you to by none other than Barnabas, during the main story.
- Kyra with a Cause - This quest follows on from the previous one, but is only available if you pick Kyra.
- An Actor's Life for Me - Found in Perikles' Residence in Greater Athens, this quest can be found near the start of Chapter 8.
- The Daughters of Artemis - At the Temple of Apollo in Phokis, you can take on this particularly lengthy quest, which features a romance right at the very end.
If you love Assassin's Creed Odyssey, why not see what else we got here at USG? Mike's review of the game can be found here, or check out what we have to say on the game in this episode of Axe of the Blood God.