Thisrty players, rejoice: Assassin's Creed Odyssey has full romance options, a first for the series. In this Assassin's Creed Odyssey romance guide, we'll be detailing how you can go about sleeping your way across Ancient Greece as easily as possible.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Romance Guide
As we mentioned at the top of this guide, Assassin's Creed Odyssey marks the first time that romance options have been available in Ubisoft's series. 2017's excellent Assassin's Creed Origins introduced us to an RPG take on the series, but it's in this game that further RPG systems are added.
Firstly, romance in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey is entirely optional. There are so characters in the main story of the game that you can romance, and you’ll only ever uncover potential love interests through completing side missions. Therefore, you’ll have to get out and about, exploring all that the huge map of Ancient Greece has to offer, if you want to find someone to romance, as either Kassandra or Alexios.
Secondly, establishing a romance with another character doesn’t tie you into an actual relationship. Think of it more as a one night stand, after which you’re free to go about your business anywhere you please. There aren’t any penalties for romancing more than one character in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Finally, although you can initiate a romance with another character in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey by selecting a dialogue option with a small white heart next to it, you’re not immediately guaranteed success. The character you’re attempting to romance can do two things once you select the romance dialogue option: either they’ll ask you to undertake a small side quest for them, or they’ll inquire further about you.
How to Romance an NPC in Assassin's Creed Odyssey
Just below, we'll list out a few bullet points that can help you to romance a character in Assassin's Creed Odyssey:
- If the NPC presents you with a side quest, simply undertake the quest for them.
- But they can instead inquire about you and engage you in conversation.
- If this is the case, you have to pick the dialogue option that you think will please them most.
- Pay close attention to the conversation, you'll need to be in their good books if you want to romance them.
Just below, we'll list out all the quests that we've found (so far) that allow you to romance characters Assassin's Creed Odyssey. You'll find some of these characters in the story of the game, and others scattered far and wide over Ancient Greece.
- A Small Odyssey - You can start this quest in Odysseus's Palace, in Ithaka.
- A Family Ordeal - Odessa's next quest can be found on a farm to the east of Megara, in Megaris.
- A True Story - The third and final act of Odessa's story, this quest can be started at Odessa's farm, in the east of Megaris.
- Oil and Love - During this main story quest, you can romance a rather flamboyant character called Alkibiades.
- Age is Just a Number - Found in the Temple of Apollo in Phokis, this quest lets you satisfy a slightly older woman.
- Trouble in Paradise - This side quest is given you to by none other than Barnabas, during the main story.
- Kyra with a Cause - This quest follows on from the previous one, but is only available if you pick Kyra.
- An Actor's Life for Me - Found in Perikles' Residence in Greater Athens, this quest can be found near the start of Chapter 8.
- The Daughters of Artemis - At the Temple of Apollo in Phokis, you can take on this particularly lengthy quest, which features a romance right at the very end.
And that’s it for our introductory guide to Assassin’s Creed Odyssey romance, and you’re all set to go about seducing anyone you come across in your time around Ancient Greece. You can now continue ahead to our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Conquest Battles guide, for how to both initiate and win the large scale battles, or our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey ship guide, for how to quickly recruit new crew members for your boat.
If you instead need any additional help on the latest iteration of Ubisoft’s historical franchise, you’ll want to head over to our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey guides hub. It’s on this page that you can find all the introductory tips and tricks to getting the hang of the RPG, including all the combat and stealth basics.