More from USgamer
The Minotaur is quite possibly the single most powerful enemy you can face off against in Assassin's Creed Odyssey, and it's a huge battle to overcome the beast. In this Assassin's Creed Odyssey Minotaur boss guide, we'll guiding you through how to firstly find the Minotaur through the Atlantis quest line, and then how to beat the boss in combat.
But if you instead need help with any other areas of the latest iteration in the Assassin’s Creed franchise, you’ll want to head over to our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey guides hub. It’s on this main page that you can find a complete beginner’s guide to the game, as well as all the new changes that Ubisoft has made to the combat and stealth systems.
Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Minotaur Boss Guide
First of all, you’ll need to have successfully found the entrance to Atlantis, in order to embark on the quest of slaying the Minotaur and claiming one of the four Pieces of Atlantis. If you need help on starting this quest line, or if you need a hand finding any of the other four pieces of the key, you’ll want to head over to our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Atlantis guide.
As for the boss battle with the Minotaur, it’s a tough one. We’d recommend being at least level 38 for the fight, and we’ll walk you through some key pointers just below:
- In the first phase, the Minotaur comes at you with singular attacks.
- The monster will temporarily pause after attacking, so if you’re not comfortable dodging his attacks, you can run out and then back in for a few hits.
- One ability that you absolutely need for this fight is the Overpower Attacks ability, which requires three full bars of stamina.
- Other than charging your stamina up for this attack, the only other ability you should be spending your stamina on is Second Wind, the chief method of healing in Assassin's Creed Odyssey.
- Get too far away from the Minotaur, and he’ll charge up his axe, which sends a vertical wall of wind damage in your direction.
- At half health, the second and final phase of the Minotaur fight will commence.
- In the second phase, the Minotaur attacks in patterns of three.
- First come two horizontal attacks, while the third is a vertical attack. Get caught in a single one of these, and it’ll do big damage.
- Remember that if you can attack the Minotaur from behind, you’ll do double damage.
- Once the fight is over, you can collect a Piece of Atlantis, a ship figurehead, and the Minotaur’s Labrys heavy bladed weapon.
Now that we’re all done with this guide on defeating the Minotaur in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, you can continue ahead to any of our additional guides on the game. You can check out our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Cult of Kosmos guide for bringing down the shadowy organization, or our Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Romance guide, for a list of every single character in the game.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.