The Nintendo Switch has made quite an impact in 2017. The handheld/home console hybrid is one of the most in-demand items of the year, so trying to get a cheap Nintendo Switch is no easy task. In this guide to getting the cheapest Nintendo Switch we’ll make sure you get the best price Nintendo Switch currently available.
For more gaming deals check out our enormous gaming deals hub. Over there you’ll find tips on getting the cheapest gaming deals and find out how to get the console or game you’re after for the cheapest price possible.
Best Price Nintendo Switch - How to get the Cheapest Switch
Keep reading down and you’ll find all the best prices for the Nintendo Switch in the US and the UK.
Here we have the current best price Nintendo Switch available now in the US or the UK.
In the UK:
- Nintendo Switch (Grey) with FIFA 18 and carry case (using code TDX-PHJ4) for £259.00
- Nintendo Switch (Grey) with Mario + Rabbids for £289.99
- Nintendo Switch (Grey) for £255.00
In the US:
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) for $299
- Nintendo Switch (Neon) with FIFA 18 for $299
- Nintendo Switch with Super Mario Odyssey for $359.99
While the Nintendo Switch is playable online, its online service is currently free. This is set to change in 2018 and we’ll bring you the best price Nintendo Online service membership for Nintendo Switch as soon as it’s available - it is set to cost £19.99 for 12 months. You may well want some other bits and pieces to go along with your Switch, though, such as a carry case or a lovely set of Joy-cons!
In the UK:
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Xenoblade Edition for £49.99
- Logitech G4366 wired gaming headset for £79.00
- Nintendo Switch Everywhere Messenger Bag for £24.99
- 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Bluetooth Controller for £39.99
In the US:
- 8Bitdo Wireless Adapter for $19.99
- N30 Arcade Stick for Switch for $56.28
- Nintendo Switch Pro Controller for $63.94
- 8Bitdo SF30 Pro Bluetooth Controller for $49.99
Nintendo Switch Online will include a free game benefit similar to Xbox Live Gold and PlayStation Plus. According to Nintendo “Subscribers will get to download a compilation of classic titles with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario.” It’s not clear if new games will be added each month and if titles will be removed.
Why Should you buy a Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch has been an incredible success for Nintendo. Its combination of great games brilliant portable/home console blend make it a really exciting machine. We’ve detailed the main reasons to buy a Nintendo Switch in the list below.
- Price - While the Switch is expensive compared to the PS4 and Xbox One, its $299/£280 launch price is far cheaper than the PS4 and Xbox One were at launch. You can often get the console plus a game for the same price point.
- Form Factor - This is the cool bit: the Switch is a handheld and a home console. Take the Switch with you so you can play while commuting, or plug it into your TV for a more traditional home gaming experience.
- Power - The Switch isn’t as powerful as the Xbox One or PS4, but take it as a handheld games console and it’s a very impressive machine. You’ve never seen handheld visuals like this before.
- Best Exclusives - While Sony might have more exclusive games, Nintendo’s Switch exclusives are arguably the best. Just look at Super Mario Odyssey and Zelda: Breath of the Wild - two games from 2017 that are hard to beat.
Best Games to buy With Your Nintendo Switch
The Switch is the newest console on the market (aside from mid-gen power-boost consoles PS4 Pro and Xbox One X), but it’s already got a great line-up of games. Check out our guides to buying cheap Nintendo Switch games so you can start building a brilliant library of Switch games to play wherever you are.
In the UK:
- FIFA 18 for £22.99
- Doom for £40.00
- Dark Souls Remastered for £29.85
- Sonic Forces for £19.95
- Bayonetta 2 (with Bayonetta download) for £41.99
In the US:Result
- Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap for $39.99
- Doom for $54.85
- Dragon Quest Builders for $44.60
- The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ for $34.01
Hopefully that’s given you a decent overview of what the Nintendo Switch offers. With the knowledge you’ve found the Nintendo Switch at the cheapest price available you can now buy in confidence. If you’re after other video game deals, check out our other guides just below.
We've got guides to the Best Price PS4 - How to get the Cheapest PS4, the Best Price PS4 Pro - How to get the Cheapest PS4 Pro, the Best Price Xbox One S - How to get the Cheapest Xbox One S, the Best Price Xbox One X - How to get the Cheapest Xbox One X, the Best Price Xbox Live Membership - How to get the Cheapest Xbox Live Membership, the Best Price PlayStation Plus Membership - How to get the Cheapest PS Plus Membership, the Best Price Nintendo Switch - How to get the Cheapest Nintendo Switch, and the Best Price Gaming Laptop and PC - How to get the Cheapest Gaming Laptop or Desktop PC.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.