Fortbytes within Fortnite Battle Royale were a brand new thing back with the beginning of Fortnite Season 9. In this complete Fortnite Fortbytes guide, we'll be walking you through all the Fortnite Fortbytes Challenges solutions, so you can earn them all as quickly as possible.
Fortnite Fortbytes List
As of right now, as Fortnite Season 9 has just launched, there are 18 total Fortbytes to discover around the Battle Royale map. Epic has said they'll be adding a new Fortbyte for you to find every day, and to check your progress on finding them all, you can head over the the Challenges tab.
- Fortbyte 1 - Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 6 - Accessible with Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert.
- Fortbyte 7 - Accessible by using the Cuddle Up Emoticon inside a rocky umbrella.
- Fortbyte 8 - Found within Junk Junction.
- Fortbyte 10 - Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 13 - Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen 2.
- Fortbyte 17 - Found inside a wooden fish building.
- Fortbyte 22 - Accessible by using a Rox Spray in an underpass.
- Fortbyte 24 - Found within Fatal Fields.
- Fortbyte 25 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 40.
- Fortbyte 35 - Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 36 - Accessible by Sentinel on a Frozen Island.
- Fortbyte 39 - Awarded for completing 6 Challenges from Week 2.
- Fortbyte 44 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 20.
- Fortbyte 46 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 100.
- Fortbyte 47 - Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and a crashed Battle Bus.
- Fortbyte 55 - Found within Haunted Hills.
- Fortbyte 57 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 25 times.
- Fortbyte 64 - Accessible with the Rox outfit on top of Stunt Mountain
- Fortbyte 66 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 75 times.
- Fortbyte 71 - Awarded for completing 6 Challenges from Week 1.
- Fortbyte 72 - Found within Salty Springs.
- Fortbyte 81 - Accessible in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge.
- Fortbyte 82 - Accessible by solving the pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block.
- Fortbyte 84 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 60.
- Fortbyte 85 - Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 87 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 50 times.
- Fortbyte 90 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 100 times.
- Fortbyte 92 - Accessible by using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall.
- Fortbyte 96 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 80.
- Fortbyte 99 - Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP.
Fortbytes are a type of collectible that can only be obtained by completing a challenge associated with each one. Once a fortbyte is obtained it reveals part of a picture. You must complete all 100 fortbyte challenge to reveal the complete picture and get the special reward.
Before Fortnite Season 9 had actually launched, Epic revealed that you could obtain some unique rewards through finding and collecting all the Fortbytes available. As of right now, we don't yet know what the final reward is for obtaining all 100 Fortbytes, because they're not all available yet in Battle Royale.
Below, we've rounded up all the Fortbyte solutions for every Fortbyte that requires multiple steps for completion. Just use the list below to get to the Fortbyte that you need help solving.
- Fortbyte 6 Solution
- Fortbyte 7 Solution
- Fortbyte 8 Solution
- Fortbyte 13 Solution
- Fortbyte 17 Solution
- Fortbyte 22 Solution
- Fortbyte 24 Solution
- Fortbyte 36 Solution
- Fortbyte 47 Solution
- Fortbyte 55 Solution
- Fortbyte 64 Solution
- Fortbyte 72 Solution
- Fortbyte 81 Solution
- Fortbyte 82 Solution
- Fortbyte 92 Solution
Fortbyte 6 Solution
Firstly, you need to equip the Yay! Emote to your favorites, which is unlocked in the new Battle Pass at Tier 14. Next, head to the spot on the map that we've marked below. Here, you'll find the ice cream truck/shop just off the road. Simply pull off the Yay! Emote next to it, and you'll have earned Fortbyte 6.
Fortbyte 7 Solution
As with Fortbyte 6, you need to equip the appropriate Emote for this Fortbyte, which is the Cuddle Up one. With it in your favorites, head to the Rocky Umbrella, which we've marked on the map just below. Once here, simply use the Emote, and Fortbyte 7 will be yours.
Fortbyte 8 Solution
For Fortbyte 8, head to Junk Junction. Within the ground floor of the largest building, go to the only bed in the room. On top of this bed, you'll find Fortbyte 8.
Fortbyte 13 Solution
For this Fortbyte 13, you don't actually need to have discovered the loading screen 2. Instead, just head to the point on the map that we've marked below, and Fortbyte 13 will appear for you to collect.
Fortbyte 17 Solution
For Fortbyte 17, you're heading northeast from Lazy Lagoon. Head to the small pool that we've marked on the map below, and Fortbyte 17 will appear to you.
Fortbyte 22 Solution
With Fortbyte 22, you need to head to Neo Tilted. You need to enter the underpass near the southwest edge of the area, and use the Rox Spray on either of the walls. Once you've done this, the Fortbyte 22 will be available for collection.
Fortbyte 24 Solution
To solve the Fortbyte 24 puzzle, you're going to need to head to Fatal Fields. You need to go into the big barn that we've marked on the map, and head upstairs. On the upper floor, Fortbyte 24 will appear.
Fortbyte 36 Solution
To collect Fortbyte 36, you need to equip the Sentinel outfit, which is unlocked at the first tier of the current Battle Pass. With this outfit on, head to the island at the very southwest edge of the Fortnite map. Here, you can collect Fortbyte 36 as soon as it appear to you.
Fortbyte 47 Solution
To find Fortbyte 47, head into the jungle that's west of Lazy Lagoon. Within the area that we've marked on the map just below, you'll find Fortbyte 47 on a small bare patch of dirt.
Fortbyte 55 Solution
Fortbyte 55 is found within Haunted Hills. To find this Fortbyte, simply head into the building that's directly north of the main church in Haunted Hills.
Fortbyte 64 Solution
Firstly for Fortbyte 64, equip the Rox outfit, which is available as part of the Season 9 Battle Pass. Then glide straight to the top of stunt mountain, which we've marked on the map just below. On top of this mountain, Fortbyte 64 will appear for you.
Fortbyte 72 Solution
For Fortbyte 72, head into Salty Springs. In the eastern portion of Salty Springs, you'll see a red overturned truck on its side. In the cabin of the truck, you can find Fortbyte 72.
Fortbyte 81 Solution
As this Fortbyte says, you can only collect it during the daytime. If you've lucked into getting a match during the daylight hours, you can find Fortbyte 81 atop the small mountain that we've marked just below.
Fortbyte 82 Solution
For this Fortbyte, you need a full Squad. Head to the pressure plates, which we've marked on the map just below. Now three people need to stand on one plate each, while the fourth person grabs Fortbyte 82. Because each individual player needs to collect the Fortbyte 82, you need to take turns being the player that isn't stood on a pressure plate.
Fortbyte 92 Solution
For Fortbyte 92, you need to head to the lava fall, which is just south from Pressure Plant. Here, spray the Rox Spray (one of the earliest items in the Season 9 Battle Pass), on the wall to the right of the lava fall, and Fortbyte 92 will be available for you to pick up.
If it's more Fortnite content you're craving, then you've come to the right place. You can continue ahead to our general Fortnie tips page, or our in depth Fortnite best weapons guide for more. There's also our Fortnite Rune locations page, as well as our guide ranking the best Fortnite skins currently on offer.