Fortnite Fortbytes were introduced back when Battle Royale Season 9 burst onto the scene. Now, most of the Fortbyte challenges have been revealed, and in this guide listing out all of the Fortnite Fortbyte challenges, we'll be walking you through how to complete all the challenges that we know of so far.
Fortnite Fortbytes List
We're now well over halfway in Battle Royale Season 9, and so most of the Fortnite Fortbyte challenges have now been revealed. Just below, you can find our complete list of all the Fortbyte challenges that have been revealed at the time of writing.
- Fortbyte 1 - Awarded for gaining 175,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 2 - Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen 6.
- Fortbyte 6 - Accessible with Yay! Emote at an ice cream shop in the desert.
- Fortbyte 7 - Accessible by using the Cuddle Up Emoticon inside a rocky umbrella.
- Fortbyte 8 - Found within Junk Junction.
- Fortbyte 9 - Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 5.
- Fortbyte 10 - Awarded for gaining 60,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 13 - Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen 2.
- Fortbyte 14 - Found within an RV park.
- Fortbyte 16 - Found in a desert house with too many chairs.
- Fortbyte 17 - Found inside a wooden fish building.
- Fortbyte 19 - Accessible with the Vega outfit inside a spaceship building.
- Fortbyte 22 - Accessible by using a Rox Spray in an underpass.
- Fortbyte 24 - Found within Fatal Fields.
- Fortbyte 25 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 40.
- Fortbyte 26 - Accessible with the Bunker Jonesy outfit near a snowy bunker.
- Fortbyte 30 - Found somewhere between Haunted Hills and Pleasant Park.
- Fortbyte 31 - Found at a meteor crater overlook.
- Fortbyte 32 - Accessible by wearing a Kyo Pet Back Bling at the most northwestern point.
- Fortbyte 35 - Awarded for gaining 225,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 36 - Accessible by Sentinel on a Frozen Island.
- Fortbyte 39 - Awarded for completing 6 Challenges from Week 2.
- Fortbyte 41 - Accessible by using Tomatohead Emoticon inside the Durr Burger restaurant.
- Fortbyte 42 - Awarded for completing 5 challenges from Week 3.
- Fortbyte 44 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 20.
- Fortbyte 46 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 100.
- Fortbyte 47 - Found between a Reboot Van, pirate camp, and a crashed Battle Bus.
- Fortbyte 48 - Accessible by using the Vox Pickaxe to smash the gnome beside a mountain top.
- Fortbyte 49 - Found in Trog's ice cave.
- Fortbyte 50 - Accessible at night time inside mountain top castle ruins.
- Fortbyte 51 - Accessible by using the Cluck Strut to cross the road in front of Peely's Banana Stand.
- Fortbyte 54 - Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 4.
- Fortbyte 55 - Found within Haunted Hills.
- Fortbyte 57 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 25 times.
- Fortbyte 58 - Accessible by using the Sad Trombone Emote at the north end of Snobby Shores.
- Fortbyte 59 - Accessible with Durr! Emoji inside Pizza Pit restaurant.
- Fortbyte 61 - Accessible by using Sunbird Spray on a frozen waterfall.
- Fortbyte 64 - Accessible with the Rox outfit on top of Stunt Mountain
- Fortbyte 65 - Found in a basement at a budget movie set.
- Fortbyte 66 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 75 times.
- Fortbyte 68 - Found within a snowy town book shop.
- Fortbyte 69 - Found inside a stone pig building.
- Fortbyte 70 - Accessible by skydiving through the rings above Lazy Lagoon with the Vibrant Contrails equipped.
- Fortbyte 71 - Awarded for completing 6 Challenges from Week 1.
- Fortbyte 72 - Found within Salty Springs.
- Fortbyte 73 - Awarded for completing 6 challenges from Week 6.
- Fortbyte 74 - Found in a filing cabinet inside an assassin's basement on the desert coast.
- Fortbyte 76 - Found behind a historical diorama in an insurance building.
- Fortbyte 77 - Found within a track side taco shop.
- Fortbyte 78 - Found within a Ranger tower overlooking a drained lake.
- Fortbyte 79 - Found within an arcade.
- Fortbyte 80 - Accessible by using the Bunker Basher Pickaxe to smash through the rock at the highest point of the Volcano rim.
- Fortbyte 81 - Accessible in the daytime near a mountain top cactus wedge.
- Fortbyte 82 - Accessible by solving the pressure plate puzzle NW of The Block.
- Fortbyte 84 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 60.
- Fortbyte 85 - Awarded for gaining 30,000 XP.
- Fortbyte 87 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 50 times.
- Fortbyte 88 - Found somewhere within map location J3.
- Fortbyte 89 - Accessible by flying the Scarlet Strike Glider through the rings east of Snobby Shores.
- Fortbyte 90 - Awarded for finishing top 10 in Squads, Duos, or Solo, 100 times.
- Fortbyte 91 - Found at a location hidden within Loading Screen 4.
- Fortbyte 92 - Accessible by using Rock Love Spray near a lavafall.
- Fortbyte 95 - Found at a Solar Panel Array in the Jungle.
- Fortbyte 96 - Awarded at Battle Pass tier 80.
- Fortbyte 99 - Awarded for gaining 125,000 XP.
Fortbytes are a type of collectible that can only be obtained by completing a challenge associated with each one. Once a fortbyte is obtained it reveals part of a picture. You must complete all 100 fortbyte challenge to reveal the complete picture and get the special reward.
Before Fortnite Season 9 had actually launched, Epic revealed that you could obtain some unique rewards through finding and collecting all the Fortbytes available. As of right now, we don't yet know what the final reward is for obtaining all 100 Fortbytes, because they're not all available yet in Battle Royale.
Below, we've rounded up all the Fortbyte solutions for every Fortbyte that requires multiple steps for completion. Just use the list below to get to the Fortbyte that you need help solving.
- Fortbyte 6 Solution
- Fortbyte 7 Solution
- Fortbyte 8 Solution
- Fortbyte 13 Solution
- Fortbyte 14 Solution
- Fortbyte 16 Solution
- Fortbyte 19 Solution
- Fortbyte 17 Solution
- Fortbyte 22 Solution
- Fortbyte 24 Solution
- Fortbyte 30 Solution
- Fortbyte 31 Solution
- Fortbyte 32 Solution
- Fortbyte 36 Solution
- Fortbyte 47 Solution
- Fortbyte 55 Solution
- Fortbyte 64 Solution
- Fortbyte 72 Solution
- Fortbyte 81 Solution
- Fortbyte 82 Solution
- Fortbyte 92 Solution
Fortbyte 6 Solution
Firstly, you need to equip the Yay! Emote to your favorites, which is unlocked in the new Battle Pass at Tier 14. Next, head to the spot on the map that we've marked below. Here, you'll find the ice cream truck/shop just off the road. Simply pull off the Yay! Emote next to it, and you'll have earned Fortbyte 6.
Fortbyte 7 Solution
As with Fortbyte 6, you need to equip the appropriate Emote for this Fortbyte, which is the Cuddle Up one. With it in your favorites, head to the Rocky Umbrella, which we've marked on the map just below. Once here, simply use the Emote, and Fortbyte 7 will be yours.
Fortbyte 8 Solution
For Fortbyte 8, head to Junk Junction. Within the ground floor of the largest building, go to the only bed in the room. On top of this bed, you'll find Fortbyte 8.
Fortbyte 13 Solution
For this Fortbyte 13, you don't actually need to have discovered the loading screen 2. Instead, just head to the point on the map that we've marked below, and Fortbyte 13 will appear for you to collect.
Fortbyte 14 Solution
For Fortbyte 14, head to the location we've marked below, which is an unnamed RV park between Mega Mall, and Lonely Lodge. You're looking for a white RV, with purple shades sprayed onto the front windscreen. Just in front of that RV, you'll find Fortbyte 14.
Fortbyte 16 Solution
Finding Fortbyte 16 is simple. All you need to do for this Fortbyte is to head to the small, unnamed town in the desert that we've marked below. When you're here, you're looking for a house with two floors on the southern edge of the town, painted a light brick red. Inside this house, in the bedroom area, you can find Fortbyte 16.
Fortbyte 17 Solution
For Fortbyte 17, you're heading northeast from Lazy Lagoon. Head to the small pool that we've marked on the map below, and Fortbyte 17 will appear to you.
Fortbyte 19 Solution
You'll need to unlock the Vega outfit for this Fortbyte, which is unlocked at Battle Pass tier 47. Once you've done this, head to the point on the map we've marked below, where you'll find a building that looks like it's been built by players. Near the top floor of this metal building, you'll find Fortbyte 19.
Fortbyte 22 Solution
With Fortbyte 22, you need to head to Neo Tilted. You need to enter the underpass near the southwest edge of the area, and use the Rox Spray on either of the walls. Once you've done this, the Fortbyte 22 will be available for collection.
Fortbyte 24 Solution
To solve the Fortbyte 24 puzzle, you're going to need to head to Fatal Fields. You need to go into the big barn that we've marked on the map, and head upstairs. On the upper floor, Fortbyte 24 will appear.
Fortbyte 30 Solution
Finding this Fortbyte is simple. All you need to do is head to the point that we've marked on the map below, wearing any cosmetics you please, and you can find Fortbyte 30 on the small patch of land in between the mountains.
Fortbyte 31 Solution
Another simple Fortbyte challenge. The crater you're looking for is Dusty Divot, and so you need to head to the ruined building that overlooks the area on the northern edge. Here, you can stand within the building next to the crater, on a small viewing platform. Fortbyte 31 will now appear for you to collect.
Fortbyte 32 Solution
You'll need to equip the Kyo Pet Back Bling for this challenge, which is unlocked at Battle Pass reward tier 28. Next, head just northeast of Junk Junction, to the small point of land jutting out into the sea. Stand in between the two piles of rocks, and you'll unlock Fortbyte 32.
Fortbyte 36 Solution
To collect Fortbyte 36, you need to equip the Sentinel outfit, which is unlocked at the first tier of the current Battle Pass. With this outfit on, head to the island at the very southwest edge of the Fortnite map. Here, you can collect Fortbyte 36 as soon as it appear to you.
Fortbyte 47 Solution
To find Fortbyte 47, head into the jungle that's west of Lazy Lagoon. Within the area that we've marked on the map just below, you'll find Fortbyte 47 on a small bare patch of dirt.
Fortbyte 55 Solution
Fortbyte 55 is found within Haunted Hills. To find this Fortbyte, simply head into the building that's directly north of the main church in Haunted Hills.
Fortbyte 64 Solution
Firstly for Fortbyte 64, equip the Rox outfit, which is available as part of the Season 9 Battle Pass. Then glide straight to the top of stunt mountain, which we've marked on the map just below. On top of this mountain, Fortbyte 64 will appear for you.
Fortbyte 72 Solution
For Fortbyte 72, head into Salty Springs. In the eastern portion of Salty Springs, you'll see a red overturned truck on its side. In the cabin of the truck, you can find Fortbyte 72.
Fortbyte 81 Solution
As this Fortbyte says, you can only collect it during the daytime. If you've lucked into getting a match during the daylight hours, you can find Fortbyte 81 atop the small mountain that we've marked just below.
Fortbyte 82 Solution
For this Fortbyte, you need a full Squad. Head to the pressure plates, which we've marked on the map just below. Now three people need to stand on one plate each, while the fourth person grabs Fortbyte 82. Because each individual player needs to collect the Fortbyte 82, you need to take turns being the player that isn't stood on a pressure plate.
Fortbyte 92 Solution
For Fortbyte 92, you need to head to the lava fall, which is just south from Pressure Plant. Here, spray the Rox Spray (one of the earliest items in the Season 9 Battle Pass), on the wall to the right of the lava fall, and Fortbyte 92 will be available for you to pick up.
If you're after more Fortnite content, then we've got you covered here at USG. You can check out our main Fortnite Chapter 2 map guide for a full overview of the new locales, our Fortnite XP guide on how to earn XP quickly, or our Fortnite Medals guide for a full list of the new Medals.