Unfortunately there aren't any cheat codes in Resident Evil 2, so you'll have to go about unlocking infinite ammo through a different trick. In our Resident Evil 2 infinite ammo guide, we'll be walking you through how to get infinite ammo weapons in Resident Evil 2, which is the only way you can obtain infinite ammo in the game.
However if you instead need help with any other areas of Capcom’s stellar remake, you can always check out our Resident Evil 2 walkthrough. It’s here that you can find a full beginner’s guide to surviving the nightmare in Raccoon City, as well as an index of individual guide pages on weapons, puzzles, and more.
How to Unlock Infinite Ammo in Resident Evil 2
In Resident Evil 2, infinite ammo isn’t a glitch, or a feature that you can turn on. Instead, you can obtain special weapons that have infinite ammo built in as standard, so you never have to worry about running out of ammo while using them. In the list below, we’ll be revealing every single infinite ammo weapon in Resident Evil 2, detailing how you can unlock each one for Leon and Claire.
- Samurai Edge handgun - Complete the game on Standard difficulty, with an S rank.
- LE 5 submachine gun - Complete the game on Hardcore difficulty, with an S rank.
- ATM-4 rocket launcher - Complete Leon’s campaign on Hardcore difficulty, with an S rank.
- Minigun - Complete Claire’s campaign on Hardcore difficulty, with an S rank.
- Infinite Combat Knife - Destroy all 15 Mr. Raccoon statues in the game.
And there you have it, the complete list of weapons with infinite ammo in Resident Evil 2. Completing the game on Hardcore difficulty is no easy feat, especially because you have a limited amount of ink ribbons with which to save the game. In addition to this, you need to complete any campaign in under 3 hours to score an S rank, which means you’ve got to be incredibly quick and precise with your shots.