There's not long left to take on Registeel in Pokemon GO. The Legendary Titan follows Regice a a Raid Boss encounter this month, so we figured we'd make sure you're prepared. In this Pokemon GO Registeel Raid Guide, we've got a list of the Best Counters to use against Registeel, some tips on how to beat it, as well as a look at what you'll be up against in terms of moveset and strategy.
For more on Pokemon GO, be sure to head over to our Pokemon GO Guides Hub. It's got tips on how to level up fast, hatch eggs, catch a Ditto, and more.
Registeel Raid Guide - Best Counters, Legendary Pokemon, Release Date
As of July 19, trainers have the chance to face Registeel in Pokemon GO. It's a pretty formidable foe, one that requires a solid strategy and a strong team of pokemon to defeat. Registeel won't be in the game forever either, so you'll want to make the best of every Registeel Raid Battle.
Registeel Availability in Pokemon GO - Start Date and End Date for Legendary Registeel Pokemon
As we mentioned before, trainers can start facing down and catching Registeel from July 19. They'll be able to do so right up until August 16. After this date, we'll likely see Registeel be retired into circulation as a research reward, much like previous legendary pokemon.
Trainers, don't forget to battle Registeel before the Legendary Iron Pokémon leaves on August 16! pic.twitter.com/0SRMz7pjxnPokémon GO (@PokemonGoApp) August 10, 2018
Pokemon GO Registeel Best Counters
As with any Raid Boss, you'll want to be aware of the best counters to use against Registeel. If you didn't already know, Counters are just pokemon that you're using against a boss. Registeel is a steel-type pokemon and is therefore double weak to fire. Use this to your advantage when planning your team and you'll come out on top every time. We've gathered together a list of the best pokemon to use against Registeel in the following list. We've included the best moves to use with each, and given some overall tips on how the battle might play out.
- Moltres - Using a Moltres is a great way to exploit the Fire weakness of Registeel. Go for Fire Spin as its Fast Move, and Overheat as its Charged Move. Moltres boasts the highest DPS value against Registeel. Registeel boasts a lot of Fighting-type moves, but being a flying-type, Moltres will receive reduced damage.
- Entei - Another Fire-Type to keep in mind. Coupling Fire Spin/Fire Fang and Overheat is your best bet, though it will receive pretty high damage from fighting-type attacks.
In the event that you're facing down Registeel in bad weather conditions, there are still some solid pokemon choices for you to consider.
- Machamp - You can exploit Registeel's Fighting type weakness using a Machamp. Use either Counter or Karate Chop as Fast Move, and then Dynamic Punch as the Charged Move. It's pretty easy to get hold of a Machamp in Pokemon GO, so it's a good choice when putting together a Raid team.
- Heracross - Use Heracross when facing Registeel in Snowy Weather. Counter is a good choice for your Fast Move, while Close Combat should be deployed as your Charged Option.
Pokemon GO Registeel Moves
Another great way to make sure you are properly prepared for fighting Registeel is to study its moveset. In the following list you'll find every move that Registeel can use against you:
- Metal Claw (Steel)
- Rock Smash (Fighting)
- Flash Cannon (Steel)
- Focus Blast (Fighting)
- Hyper Beam (Normal)
Pokemon GO Registeel Raid Tips
- Don't have everyone in your team leave to go to the lobby at once. Leaving Registeel alone in battle allows it to heal
- There is a known dodge glitch associated with dodging a would-be fatal attack. You can avoid this by swapping in a pokemon to take the hit instead, then swapping your main back in.
- Build your team around the weakness of Registeel - there's no point taking in Pokemon that won't work well against a boss.
- Take your Pokemon that have the strongest Charge Attack, since these are the attacks you'll mainly be using against the Boss Pokemon.
- Raid Boss Pokemon usually have ten times as much CP as normal Pokemon, so you could be there for quite a while.
- Remember to dodge! Swipe to either side as soon as you see a flash, and you should avoid any attacks from Registeel.
- Raid Passes can be earned through fighting in a Gym, and you can only hold one Raid Pass at a time.
- Once used, a Raid Pass will give you access to a Raid for the hour that it takes place, so if you fail you can just head back in.
Pokemon GO Regirock Release Date
Now that we've seen Regice and Registeel being added in to Pokemon Go, there's only one Legendary Titan still to come. Regirock will be added in at some point this year, though if we follow the release schedule so far, it will likely arrive at the end of next month. We'll keep you updated if there an official announcement is made anytime soon.
So there you have it, everything you need to take on Registeel in Pokemon GO. We'll keep adding Raid Boss Guides for all of the new pokemon in the game, so be sure to keep checking back in. In the meantime, why not check out our guide on how to evolve Eevee in Pokemon GO, as well as all of the info on the upcoming Pokemon GO August Community Day event.