Fallout 76 has two main currencies: caps and Atoms, the latter of which can be used in the game's store to buy various exclusive items. Here we'll cover the fastest way to farm and earn Atoms in order to give you more options than ever.
On this page:
- Fastest Way to Farm and Earn Atoms in Fallout 76
- All Easy Challenges for Atoms
- Daily and Weekly Challenges
- Can You Buy More Atoms in Fallout 76?
- How to Spend Atoms and Unlock New Items
Fastest Way to Farm and Earn Atoms in Fallout 76
Atoms are essentially Fallout 76’s answer to microtransactions. They can be earned by completing certain challenges in the game, or by purchasing them with real money. They are pretty easy to get mind, awarded for completing a huge variety of tasks. Once you’ve collected enough, you can head over to the in-game store to purchase skins, outfits, emotes and various other cosmetic items.
All Easy Challenges for Atoms
You’ll be awarded Atoms in Fallout 76 for doing a large variety of activities. From collecting caps, to simply emerging from the vault at the start of the game. We’ve managed to collect together some of the easiest Fallout 76 Atoms Challenges below, many of which you can make while playing early on:
- Claim a Workshop - 20 Atoms
- Collect Caps (10) - 20 Atoms
- Collect Caps (50) - 20 Atoms
- Collect Caps (76) - 50 Atoms
- Collect Caps (100) - 50 Atoms
- Collect Wild Plants and Fungi - 20 Atoms
- Complete an Event while in a Group - 20 Atoms
- Cook a Meal - 20 Atoms
- Craft a Piece of Armor - 20 Atoms
- Craft a Weapon - 20 Atoms
- Emerge from Vault 76 - 20 Atoms
- Explore Appalachia for an Hour - 20 Atoms
- Take a Photo of Appalachia - 20 Atoms
- Level up - 10 Atoms
Daily and Weekly Challenges
Fallout 76 also includes both daily and weekly challenges you can use to get Atoms. Open up the menu and use the D-pad to open the Challenges list. Each one will have the reward next to it, most of which give the player a small-to-middling amount of Atoms (though some will also give Perk Packs). These challenges swap in and out randomly in sets of five, with the timer above them indicating how long you have left to complete them.
Can You Buy More Atoms in Fallout 76?
In Fallout 76, you’ll earn Atoms constantly, but that doesn’t mean you can’t spend your hard-earned cash to get more. You can buy more Atoms in the Atomic store. They are then used to buy various cosmetic items.
How to Spend Atoms and Unlock New Items
If you're looking to spend your hard-earned Atoms, you'll need to head to the Atomic Store. It's not at a set location like you might expect, instead it's accessed via the main menu. All you need to do is press options/start to head to the map. Then hit L1/LB to open the main menu. You'll see that one of the options is the Atomic Shop, select this and you'll be able to buy some new cosmetic items.
Fallout 76 content is everywhere here at USG! You can check out Mike's review of the game here, or check see here how Bethesda was suprised by player actions in the game.