The Season of the Drifter is rolling on in Destiny 2, constantly bringing new weapons and activities to Bungie's FPS. In this Destiny 2 DLC guide, we'll be putting together everything you need to know about the current seasonal event, as well as all future DLC updates planned for the game, through the rest of 2019.
Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter Update
The Season of the Drifter is now live in Destiny 2. Once you've downloaded the relatively small 4GB update on your platform, you're good to go with the new season.
When you're next in Destiny 2, head straight to the Tower. Stop off at the Eververse Trading Company to check out the contents of the new Notorious Engrams. Check out the Red String of Fate ornament just below for an example.
Once you've talked to the Drifter, he'll set you up with the new Gambit Prime mode. If you're looking to raise your level to get access to the new Reckoning mode, head over to our Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter Power level guide.
As ever, there's always a ton of new weapons to obtain within the Season of the Drifter. For a complete list of all the new weapons we've uncovered so far, check out our Destiny 2 Season of the Drifter weapons guide. In particular, Thorn is back in business in Destiny 2 for the first time, but there's a bit of a long road to unlock the Exotic. Head over to our Destiny 2 Thorn guide for more.
In the video from Bungie just above, the developer details a ton of new changes coming to the game in the Season of the Drifter. The big addition is the new Gambit Prime mode, a hardcore mode of Gambit that features only one round for the two teams to win in.
There's also a new PvE mode called The Reckoning arriving in the Season of the Drifter. Although we don't know that much about the new mode, it'll be really difficult, requiring a pretty high Power level, and will function on multiple different tier difficulty levels. As always, there'll be a surge in the maximum Power level in Season of the Driter, and your character will be able to rise up to 700.
Just below, we've highlighted some of the other, more minor changes coming to Gambit in the Season of the Drifter.
- Changed round 3 of Gambit to a sudden-death, Primeval rush mode.
- Overhauled invader spawn locations, and the number of spawn locations for each map.
- Idle Proection means that players who remain dormant for too long won't get any rewards from the match.
- Adjustments to Blocker types by tier:
- Small Blocker is now a Taken Goblin with less health than the Taken Phalanx.
- Medium Blocker is now a Taken Captain with more health than the Taken Knight.
- Large Blocker is now a Taken Knight with more health than the Taken Ogre.
- Linear Fusion Rifles will get damage and accuracy reductions when firing from range.
For now, this is all the information that Bungie has revealed about the upcoming Season of the Drifter in Destiny 2. Be sure to check back on this guide at a later date, especially as we draw closer to the launch date, as Bungie will be revealed new information over the coming weeks.
Destiny 2 Season of Opulence
When Bungie first laid out plans for the three new seasonal events arriving in Destiny 2, they never specified anything about the third and final season. We now know that this third event is called the 'Season of Opulence,' which runs from June to August, 2019. Right now we know nothing about this third season, but at least we finally have a name for the event.
Destiny 2 Black Armory
In the image below, you can see Bungie's full plan of content for the Season of the Forge in Destiny 2. As we're now into 2019, we've got precious few events left to go for the current season, and the whole thing will be drawing to a close in early February with the Crimson Days event.
But, if you've only just got going with the new Black Armory update as part of the Season of the Forge in Destiny 2, then you might be wondering how to access all the new content. Just below, we've outlined the first few steps of the quest that you'll need to undertake, in order to unlock all the Season of the Forge content.
- Firstly, visit the Spider in The Tangled Shore.
- Enter the brand new area of the Tower, and talk to Ada-1.
- Obtain a Weapon Core from a Black Armory crate on Earth.
- Collect 25 Compound Ether from Fallen enemies.
- Get multikills and Hive kills using a Power weapon.
- Defeat 25 powerful enemies (the ones with the orange health bars).
- Collect Radiant Seeds from said powerful enemies.
- Return to Ada-1 in the Tower.
Once you've completed the steps listed above, you'll have access to Volundr Forge, the new mission type featured in the Season of the Forge. For a walkthrough of how to complete Forges, and other new missions, check out our individual guides list just below:
- Destiny 2 Black Armory Weapons
- Destiny 2 Scourge of the Past Raid
- Destiny 2 Black Armory New Power Level Cap
- Destiny 2 Forge Saboteur Enemies
- Destiny 2 New Forge Missions
- Destiny 2 Bergusia Forge Guide
- Destiny 2 Mysterious Box Guide
- Destiny 2 The Last Word Exotic Quest Guide
Destiny 2 DLC Schedule
Looking ahead into the first and second quarters of 2019, Bungie has a roadmap planned out for Destiny 2. You can see the full schedule just below, which includes the Season of the Drifter launching in March 2019, and then an unknown seasonal event following on nearer the middle of the year.
Destiny 2 Forsaken DLC Expansion
So far, as of early 2019, Destiny 2 has received three full DLC expansion packs since launch. The first of these was the Curse of Osiris in December 2017, followed by the Warmind expansion in May 2018. Finally, the Forsaken expansion launched in September 2018, which was the first piece of DLC content to be covered by the new Destiny 2 Annual Pass.
If you're still working your way through the older parts of Destiny 2 before moving onto newer content, then we've got you covered. Just below, you can find a complete list of all our Destiny 2 Forsaken guides, which include Gambit tips, Forsaken weapons, and more.
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Level up Quickly Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Heroic Public Events Guide
- Destiny 2 How to Unlock the Dreaming City Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Gambit Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Weapons Guide
- Destiny 2 Ace of Spades Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2 Cayde's Secret Stash Locations Guide
- Destiny 2 The Last Wish Raid Guide
Destiny 2 Annual Season Pass
We previously mentioned the Destiny 2 Annual Pass, that covered the Forsaken expansion in late 2018. However the Annual Pass also covers content leading into 2019, a complete list of which you can find just below:
- Forsaken Expansion in Fall 2018.
- Black Armory update in Winter 2018.
- Joker's Wild update in Spring 2019.
- Penumbra update in Summer 2019.
This is the culmination of all the information that we currently have on the Destiny 2 DLC, but we'll be sure to keep this guide updated with any new information the moment it breaks.