There's brand new Field Research to be completed in Pokemon Go right now, for all players. In this Pokemon Go July Field Research guide, we'll be walking you through everything you need to accomplish for the month of July 2019, including a complete look at the various Pokemon Go July Research rewards, including Kyogre, Groudon, Latios and Latias. We'll also be keeping a record of all the previous Pokemon Go Research Rewards and Breakthroughs.
- Pokemon Go July Field Research
- Pokemon Go July Catch Research Tasks and Rewards
- Pokemon Go July Throw Research Tasks and Rewards
- Pokemon Go Hatch Research Tasks For July 2019
- Pokemon Go July 2019 Berries Research Tasks and Rewards
- Pokemon Go Gym Battles Research Tasks For July
- Pokemon Go July 2019 Raid Research Tasks and Rewards
- Pokemon Go July Research Breakthrough Rewards
- Pokemon Go Field Research Quests Explained
- Pokemon Go Special Research Quests Explained
- Pokemon Go Research Archives
- December Research 2018
- November Research 2018
- October Research 2018
- September Research 2018
- August Research 2018
Pokemon Go July Field Research
We're now well into 2019, and the July Field Research tasks are now live for all Pokemon Go players. Just below, you can see a complete roundup of all the available quests as part of the June Field Research in Pokemon Go, all thanks to the hard work of r/TheSilphRoad.
- Catch 10 Pokemon
- Catch 5 Flying, Psychic or Dark-type Pokemon
- Catch a Dragon-Type Pokemon
- Make 5 Nice Throws
- Make 3 Excellent Throws in a row
- Hatch 1, 3, and 5 Egss
- Use Berries while catching Pokemon
- Trade a Pokemon
Pokemon Go July Catch Research Tasks and Rewards
Here are the catching Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Catch 10 Pokemon - Ursula, Magikarp
- Catch 5 Pokemon With Weather Boost - Poliwag, Vulpix
- Catch 3 Electric-, Normal-, or Poison-Type Pokemon - Minum, Plusle
- Catch 5 Flying, Psychic or Dark Pokemon - Shiny Poochyena
- Catch 7 Grass, Water or Fire-Type Pokemon - Shiny Growlithe
- Catch 5 Water, Pokemon - Shiny Seel
- Catch 5 Fighting Pokemon - Breloom
- Catch 10 Ground Pokemon - Shiny Diglett
- Catch a Dragon Pokemon - Shiny Dratini
Pokemon Go July Throw Research Tasks and Rewards
Here are the Throw Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Make 5 Nice Throws - Voltorb, Shiny Geodude
- Make 3 Great Throws - Shiny Ghastly, Anorith, Lileep
- Make 3 Great Throws In A Row - Onix
- Make 5 Great Curveball Throws In A Row - Spinda
- Make 3 Excelent Throws In A Row - Shiny Larvitar
Pokemon Go Hatch Research Tasks For July 2019
Here are the Hatch Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Hatch an Egg - Eggcecute, Shiny Spoink
- Hatch 3 Eggs - Magmar
- Hatch 5 Eggs - Clefairy
Pokemon Go July 2019 Berries Research Tasks and Rewards
Here are the Berries Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Use 5 Berries to Help Catch Pokemon - Weepingbell
- Use 5 Ninab Berries - Swalot
- Use 10 Pinap Berries - Loudred
Pokemon Go Gym Battles Research Tasks For July
Here are the Gym Battle Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Battle in a Gym - Shiny Mankey, Shiny Makuhita
- Battle in a Gym 5 Times - Shiny Machop
- Win a Gym Battle - Shiny Bulbasaur, Shiny Charmander, Shiny Squirtle
- Win 3 Gym Battles - Jynx
- Win 5 Gym Battles - Shiny Grimer
- Use a Supereffective Charged Attck in 7 Gym Battles - Electabuzz
Pokemon Go July 2019 Raid Research Tasks and Rewards
Here are the Raid Research tasks for July 2019. You'll find the rewards next to each one:
- Battle in a Raid - Meditite (shiny)
- Win a Level 2 Or Higher Raid - Sableye
- Win a Level 3 Or Higher Raid - Kabuto, Shiny Omanyte
- Win 5 Raids - Shinty Aerodactyl
Pokemon Go July Research Breakthrough Rewards
And, as always with Pokemon Go Field Research, you'll have the opportunity to get hold of some elite Pokemon, should you complete the Research Breakthrough.
- From July 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7) to September 1, 2019, at 1 p.m. PDT (GMT −7), Latias, Latios, Kyogre, and Groudon will be available as Research Breakthrough encounters.
- Spinda will be available in Field Research, and if you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
Pokemon Go Field Research Quests Explained
Field Research Quests are comprised of general, day to day tasks which you can complete naturally while playing Pokemon Go. They involve spinning a certain amount of PokeStops, Catching a certain number of a certain pokemon type and more. The rewards for completing Field Research Quests are varied but generally involve PokeBalls, Berries, Candy and Stardust. Make sure you check regularly to see if you can collect any Field Research rewards by tapping on the Binoculars icon and heading to the research menu.You can only have three active Field Quests at a time, though can remove them if you'd like to replace them with another. You get new Research Quests by visiting PokeStops.
Pokemon Go Special Research Quests Explained
The other type of Research Quest that you can complete is a Special Research Quest. These are story-based quests which are released into the game periodically. Currently, the Special Research Questline involves helping Prof. Willow track down Mew. It's called "A Mythical Discovery, and tasks the player with performing a series of tasks to eventually catch the mythical pokemon Mew. There are large XP boosts associated with completing these tasks, so it is definitely worth your time.
Pokemon Go Research Archives
There's new research to complete every month in Pokemon GO. To help you keep track of it all, we've listed all previous months below. This will help you make sure you've earned everything you can while playing Pokemon Go.
December Research 2018
Thanks to the awesome infographic embedded below, you can also see what the rewards for December are. They include a new Spinda form, Kanto starters, and even Electabuzz. You'll need to complete each task to get the associated reward, and stack them up for a chance at the Research Breakthrough.
November Research 2018
The Pokemon Go Research Quests for November were pretty cool. We've included a graphic summing up all of the Pokemon GO November Field Research Quests below. The image used is from the hard-working community over at r/TheSilphRoad.
October Research 2018
Legendary pokemon Suicune was up for grabs as part of the Pokemon Go October Field Research. To get your hands on one, you needed to earn enough Research stamps by completing research tasks in October. Once you'd earned enough, you could complete the Pokemon GO October Research Breakthrough and be faced with Suicune.
We've included a helpful infographic below, put together by LeekDuck, which shows the tasks, and their respective rewards.
September Research 2018
Turns out that the Pokemon Go Research Breakthrough will be Entei. This means that if you successfully complete a string of Research Tasks, you’ll be given the chance to catch Entei. This follows on from last month’s research breakthrough, Raikou.
August Research 2018
There's plenty to sink your teeth into this month in terms of Pokemon Go Field Research. There's good reason to as well, given how great some of the rewards for completing them are. Thanks to Kryd0s over on Reddit, we now have a good idea as to the exact Pokemon Go Research Task Rewards for August 2018. It's all brilliantly showcased in the image below, so be sure to check it out for info on what you're working towards this month in terms of Pokemon Go August Research Task Rewards.
If you're playing Pokemon GO and want some help, we've got plenty of Pokemon Go Guides. Check out that hub or head straight to our individual guide pages. You'll find tips on Pokémon GO Eevee Evolutions , Pokemon GO Trading, and Pokémon GO Ditto List - How To Catch Ditto. There's also a look at the Pokemon GO Celebi Quest Guide. and the latest info on this month's Pokemon GO Community Day. Finally, Smeargle was just added to Pokemon Go, so check out our Pokemon Go Smeargle Guide.