In this Skyrim romance guide, we'll be covering how to marry Aela the Huntress, and win the heart of one of the most fearsome warriors in the Companions guild.
Why get married in Skyrim? Why not? The physical and emotional support is always nice to have, not to mention the Lover's Comfort bonus that boosts your earned experience by 15% for eight in-game hours.
If you instead required help on other areas of the game, make sure to check out our Skyrim tips and tricks guides hub, containing articles on how to marry every character of your choice, as well as how to successfully start your new game out right.
Skyrim Guide - How to Marry Aela the Huntress
Before you can marry Aela the Huntress, you need to join The Companions guild and become a werewolf yourself. Learn how to join The Companions here with our quick and easy guide.
You'll need to complete three crucial Companion's quests to marry Aela the Huntress, and we've detailed all three just below:
Complete Blood's Honor quest
- When you're officially a Companion and a lycanthrope, move on to the Blood's Honor quest.
- Kodlak Whitemane will ask you to collect the head of a Glenmoril witch.
- Follow the map marker to a cave located near Bilegulch Mine. You'll find the necessary witch quite quickly once you're within.
- When you're done with the kill and you have the witch's head, you can stay and kill the other witches in the area if you want. The extra heads are used to cure yourself and the other Companions of lycanthropy, if you ever decide you'd like to stop being a werewolf (but why would you?).
- When you return to Whiterun and Jorrvaskor, you discover the Silver Hand has attacked.
- The Purity of Revenge quest begins.
Complete Purity of Revenge quest
- Go to Driftshade Refuge, which is located in northwestern Skyrim. Vilkas will accompany you.
- Go into the Driftshade Cellar. Avoid the traps within. Kill any Silver Hands you find to get rid of the organization once and for all.
- Retrieve the fragments of Wuuthrad and return to Whiterun.
- Start the Glory of the Dead quest.
Complete Glory of the Dead quest
- After attending Kodlak's funeral, talk to Eorlund and give him the fragments of the Wuuthrad (get the final one from Kodlak's room in Jorrvaskor. It's in his bedside table).
- When you give Eorlund the last fragment, you'll get the Wuuthrad.
- Travel to Ysgramor's Tomb and give the axe to the statue to gain passage. Slay any enemies you encounter.
- In the burial chamber, put one of the Glenmoril Witch heads in the fire, and fight the wolf that emerges.
- When the wolf's defeated, talk to Kodlak again.
How to Marry Aela the Huntress
- You're finally worthy enough to marry Aela. The standard Skyrim marriage rules generally apply here. First, get an Amulet of Mara from Maramal, the priest at Riften's Temple of Mara. You'll have to let him explain how marriage works in Skyrim before he'll sell you the amulet.
- Equip the amulet, and talk to Aela. If she's interested, and she should be by this point, you should see extra dialogue options indicating as much. Select them to perform a proposal.
- Talk to Maramal to arrange your marriage. The ceremony usually takes place about 24 hours after kicking off wedding preparations. Don't stray too far from the Temple, otherwise you may wind up inadvertently leaving your bride at the altar. It's not a smart idea to stand up a werewolf.
That's all the information you need in order to successfully woo Aela the Huntress, and make her your virtual wife. We've also got a how to get Zelda items in Skyrim Switch guide.