Biotic skills are still combat-oriented, but they rely on organic mass effect fields generated by their users. This guide will detail which biotic skills are available in Mass Effect Andromeda and explain what they do.
Not bothered about biotic skills in Mass Effect Andromeda? We've got loads of useful info about the game over on our Mass Effect Andromeda Guide and Mission Walkthrough hub. Go and check it out, yeah?
Biotic skills are mainly meant for controlling enemies by freezing them in place or otherwise incapacitating them in different ways. Biotics can also offer barriers and shields to supplant your own to absorb damage and keep you from harm. Using Biotic powers in conjunction with regular Combat Skills will leave you a force to be reckoned with.
Biotic Skill Tree Mass Effect Andromeda
- Pull: Tapping the assigned button lifts an unshielded, unarmored enemy helplessly in the air and primes the target for combo detonations. Holding the assigned button drags the target enemy or object along with the user.
- Throw: Hurls a gravity field projectile to throw unshielded and unarmored targets away and detonate combo primers. Combine with the Pull power to hurl held targets.
- Charge: Alters the biotic's mass, launching the user at an opponent. Restores some shield strength at the charge's end. Charge detonates combo primers on targets.
- Nova: Channels energy into a point-blank, high-damage explosion around the user.
- Shockwave: Blasts enemies with a line of explosions that proceeds through walls and other solid objects. Shockwave detonates combo primers.
- Annihilation: Weaves rapidly shifting mass effect fields to slowly damage nearby enemies. Enemies caught are primed for combo detonations. Other powers activated while Annihilation is in use suffer reduced recharge speed.
- Backlash: Holding the assigned button generates a frontal biotic aegis batter that reflects most projectiles and reduces the damage of other enemy attacks. A well-timed initial activation interrupts melee attacks.
- Singularity: Tapping the assigned button deploys a gravity well that lifts and damages unshielded and unarmored enemies. Primes enemies for combo detonations. Tapping again ends the effect early.
- Lance: Devastates a small area with a swiftly thrown shaft of energy. Inflicts bonus damage against enemy weak points (such as heads) and detonates combo primers.
- Barrier: Maximum shield strength scales with each skill point invested in the Biotic Skill Group.
- Offensive Biotics: Increases biotic power damage and force with each skill point invested in the Biotic Skill Group.
- Containment: Increases the duration of biotic power effects with each skill point invested in the Biotic Skill Group.
Head onwards to learn about Tech Skills or go elsewhere for a guide to how to romance characters in Mass Effect Andromeda, a look at mining and crafting, and an overview of AVP and Cryo Pods.
Biotic Skills are pretty cool, right? The abilities tap right into the "ooh, that's super sci-fi" part of our brains.