The Combat Skill tree is your first choice when it comes to leveling up and assigning skills. This guide will detail which combat skills are available in Mass Effect Andromeda and explain what they do.
Combat skills not what you're looking for? Head to our Mass Effect Andromeda Guide and Mission Walkthrough for advice on romance (not in general life, but in the game), character classes, and how to solve the Remnant puzzles placed throughout the game.
Combat skills are meant to be used in the heat of battle, powering up your guns, armor, ammo, and abilities like additional health and shielding. If you're going to be in the thick of things, you'll want to make sure you're buffed with Combat Skills, especially if you're interested in getting up close and personal with enemies.
Mass Effect Combat Skill Tree
- Omni Grenade: Tapping the assigned button throws a standard grenade that causes massive area damage after a 2-second fuse. Holding the assigned button shortens the grenade's fuse time before throwing. The grenade will explode if held too long.
- Concussive Shot: Fires a target-seeking high-impact round that knocks down unarmored, unshielded, normal-sized enemies and detonates combo primers.
- Barricade: Deploys a temporary energy barricade that will boost shield regeneration for everyone who takes cover behind it. Upgraded versions provide additional combat bonuses for allies. Activation requires one power cell from Barricade's limited power cell supply.
- Turbocharge: Temporarily vents weapon heat via armor to improve thermal clip efficiency and boost weapon firing rates.
- Trip Mine: Deploys an explosive mine that triggers when an enemy comes within proximity of or crosses a sensor laser. Enemies suffer more damage the closer they are to the mine. Activation requires one power cel from Trip Mine's limited power cell supply. The maximum number of active mines equals the current number of maximum power cells.
- Flak Cannon: Fires brogan-designed shells that burst into shrapnel upon impact. Shrapnel damage is reduced against armored enemies. Activation requires one power cell from Flak Cannon's limited power cell supply.
Passive Combat Skills in Mass Effect Andromeda Skill Tree
- Pistols: Increases pistol damage with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
- Assault Rifles: Increases assault rifle damage with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
- Shotguns: Increases shotgun damage with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
- Sniper Rifles: Increases sniper rifle damage with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
- Combat Fitness: Increases maximum health with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
- Combat Tools: Increases combat power damage with each skill point invested in the Combat Skill Group.
Keep reading for a look at the Biotic Skills in Mass Effect Andromeda. If you want something completely different we've also got guides on how to romance characters, an overview of AVP and Cryo Pods, plus a look at mining and crafting.
Combat skills aren't the most exciting in the game, but they are vital in your fight against hostile alien forces.