Tech skills are important to unlock if you're concerned with both buffing your own squad and debilitating the enemy. This guide will let you know what Tech Skills are available in Mass Effect Andromeda and explain what they do.
If Tech Skills are boring you it's worth heading over to our Mass Effect Andromeda Guide and Mission Walkthrough hub. Over there you'll find everything you need to make your space adventure an easier one.
Tech skills let you damage shields, freeze enemies, deal bonus damage, or even harness the power of nanobots. It's a force to be reckoned with, especially combined with other skill sets.
Tech Skill Tree Mass Effect Andromeda
- Overload: Tapping the assigned button unleashes an electrostatic discharge upon a target. High damage to shields and synthetic enemies. Detonates combo primers.
- Incinerate: Fires a plasma projectile that does bonus damage to armor and inflicts ongoing burning damage to unshielded foes. Burning enemies are primed for combo detonations.
- Assault Turret: Deploys an automated assault turret that counts as a tech construct. Tapping the assigned button directs the turret to attack a particular target. Holding the assigned button detonates the turret, damaging nearby enemies.
- Cryo Beam: Holding the assigned button directs a continuous stream of super-cooled particles that freezes targets, priming them for combo detonations. Freezing disables unarmored enemies and weakens enemy armor, but has no effect on shielded foes.
- Energy Drain: Restores shields by sapping electromagnetic energy around a target. Causes bonus damage to shields and synthetic enemies and detonates combo primers on all primed enemies.
- Tactical Cloak: Employs light-bending technology to render the user invisible at the cost of shield and health regeneration. Guns, powers, and melee attacks used from cloak gain a damage bonus but break the cloaking effect.
- Flamethrower: Holding the assigned button unleashes a short-range jet of flame that causes bonus damage to armor and ongoing burn damage. Unshielded enemies held in the jet catch fire, priming them for combo detonations.
- Remnant VI: Deploys a retrofitted Remnant Observer that repairs itself over time, clocks when critically damaged, and counts as a tech construct.
- Invasion: Infects opponents with an invasive VI-controlled machine swarm that weakens defenses and spreads itself to nearby enemies.
- Team Support: Improves maximum shields for the user and all squadmates with each skill point invested in the Tech Skill Group.
- Offensive Tech: Increases tech power damage with each skill point invested in the Tech Skill Group.
- Auxiliary Systems: Increases tech effect with each skill point invested in the Tech Skill Group.
Read on for a guide to combat profiles, and head elsewhere for a rundown of how to romance characters in Mass Effect Andromeda. We've also got info on mining and crafting items, plus a look at AVP and Cryo Pods.
Tech skills aren't as cool as biotics if we're being honest, but can be very useful if used at the right moments.