In World War Z, you’ll come face to face with ultra-fast hordes made up of terrifying undead. As such, you’ll need some heavy firepower to take them on, from giant chainsaws to assault shotguns. But with so much choice on offer here, you’re likely to wonder which weapons are worth your time and which ones well, aren’t. In this World War Z Weapons Guide, we’ll be taking a look at all of the weapons in World War Z. We’ll also render our opinions on what the best guns in World War Z are, and how to upgrade your them.
World War Z Best Guns
With so many different types of weapons at your disposal in World War Z, we figured we’d put together a list of the very best. This is based on our time with the game, and while we are confident that all of these weapons are top tier, there will always be an element of personal preference at play here. Without further adieu, let’s take a look at the best weapons in World War Z.
- Silenced Pistol - Starting off with an odd one, the silenced pistol is an absolute beast. It allows you to silently take out enemies from afar, meaning you can clear out rooms without even having to engage with any zombies.
- Advanced SMG - For our money, this is the best gun in World War Z. It is perfect for run and gun situations, and can even be used to pick off screamers from afar if needed.
- Heavy Assault Shotgun - This one is for the moments where you find yourself facing a huge horde of enemies who are trying to build a pyramid to reach you. Unload this beast at the bottom of the pyramid and you’ll be safe in no time.
- Stun Gun - Okay, technically this is a piece of equipment, but it is worth mentioning here. The best thing about it is that it will stop a charging bull zombie in its tracks, extremely useful.
- Combat Shotgun - the Combat Shotgun is perfect for close range encounters, and can be used to get yourself out of a pinch. Its wide spread is perfect for small groups of zombies, and you’ll one-shot anything you hit.
World War Z Guns
There are a lot of guns in World War Z, each suited to a different style of play. To help you work out what you want to run with, we’ve included a full list of World War Z Guns below:
|Heavy Assault Shotgun|
How to Upgrade Weapons in World War Z
As you play World War Z, you’ll gradually earn coins. These can be used to upgrade the weapons that you find while out playing each episode. To access this menu, you’ll need to head into a matchmaking session. From there, select ‘Customize’, and then ‘Weapon Customization’. From here, you can spend coins on adding silencers, scopes, and magazines to your weapons. The weapons you pick up for those that you have upgraded will be boosted, so it is well worth spending points on.