World War Z just released for Xbox One, PS4, and PC, bringing epic swarms of zombies along with it. It’s got more in common with the 2013 movie than the original novel, in that it places more of an emphasis on giant, writhing swarms than on individual character stories. Still, there’s a lot to like here and you’ll need to have your wits about you to survive. To help you out, we’ve put together this World War Z Guides hub, where you’ll find all of our World War Z Guides content in one handy place. We’ll be offering up some essential tips, as well as a look at the best weapons and classes in the game.
For a look at other aspects of World War Z, check out our guides below. You’ll find everything from best weapons to classes, with more to come later down the line.
- World War Z Best Weapons
- World War Z Classes Explained
World War Z Tips
If you want to survive each of the four episodes in World War Z, you’ll need to get to grips with the combat. You’ll also want to make sure you are making use of the environment, as knowing when to lay down traps can mean the difference between life and death. We’ve included a list of our essential World War Z Tips below:
- Always use the restocking points as soon as you come across them, you’ll burn through ammo extremely quickly in World War Z, and you don't want to be caught empty-handed.
- The Riot Shotgun is extremely powerful for thinning hordes of enemies.
- Sometimes staying silent is the best approach. Try to pick off enemies from afar before engaging.
- Kill screamers as soon as you can, they will attract more zekes.
- The stun gun is a great way to take down Bull enemies quickly.
- Manual turrets have a finite number of bullets, but cannot overheat.
- Shoot at the base of zombie pyramids to bring them down.
- Playing with allies online is much easier than with AI teammates.
- The Slasher Class is really OP at the moment, as you can swing your machete lots of times without tiring.
- Remember to spend your coins, you can unlock new Class Perks or upgrade weapons.
World War Z Controls
World War Z features pretty standard controls for a third-person shooter. There are some oddities though, so we’ve included a full list of controls for Xbox One and PS4 below:
|Move||LS (click to sprint)|
|Heal||Hold down on d-pad|
|Highlight POI||Up on d-pad|
World War Z Episodes
There are four episodes to play through in World War Z. Each features its own set of characters, and setting. The four episodes are as follows:
- Episode 1: New York
- Episode 2: Jerusalem
- Episode 3: Moscow
- Episode 4: Tokyo
World War Z Game Price
Seeing as World War Z is a little light on content, it’s good to see that it is being offered at a reduced pricepoint. You can pick up World War Z for $30 at launch.
World War Z Characters List
There are 16 characters that you can play as in World War Z. They don’t really have any differences, and each episode will have a different selection of four to choose from. Here’s the full list of World War Z Characters.
- Judd Whitaker
- Dina Mizrahi
- Ethan Wolfe
- Daniel Alahey
- Angel Flores
- Tashaun Burnell
- Bunko Tatsumi
- Arnetta Larkin
- Oksana Orlovskaya
- Ivan Dovchenko
- Timur Yushkevich
- Sergei Popov
- Sho Sugiyama
- Kimiko Nomura
- Tatsuo Matsumoto
- Hirojii Okada
We’ll be adding in more World War Z Guides as we spend more time with the game. Be sure to check back for more info.