If you're looking to take on Articuno in Pokemon GO, you'll need to make sure you're prepared. That's why we've been busy pulling together everything you need to know about Pokemon GO Articuno Raid Battles. We'll list the Pokemon GO Articuno Best Counters, Weaknesses, and more. We'll also take a look at how to get a shiny Articuno in Pokemon GO.
For more info on Pokemon GO, be sure to check out our Pokemon GO Guides hub. There’s all kinds of useful info to help you play the game, including tips and tricks, info on Candy and Stardust, and how to evolve Eevee.
Articuno Guide - Best Counters, Weakness, Shiny Articuno
If you're going up against Articuno in Pokemon GO, you'll need to be prepared. As with any Raid Boss in the game, there are certain pokemon that will work better than others during the battle. They'll prmarily exploit Articuno's weakness, and offer resistance against some of its attacks. Below, you'll find the best counters to use, what weakness you should be attacking, and some general tips on taking on Raid Bosses in Pokemon GO.
Pokemon GO Articuno Best Counters, Weaknesses
If you want to make sure you are well prepared for Articuno Day in Pokemon GO, you’ll want to refresh yourself on the Best Counters to use against it. We’ve gathered together a list of the absolute best pokemon to bring into battle against Articuno, given its particular weaknesses and strengths.
- Articuno is Double Weak to Rock-Type Attacks so having a Tyranitar will be a sure-fire way to inflict some serious damage. Use Stone Edge and Smack Down to pummel Articuno into submission.
- If you don’t have a Tyranitar handy, go for Golem. Stone Edge or Rock Blast is good here, as is Rock Throw.
- After the Rock-Type pokemon, Fire-Type is your next best bet. Using a Flareon with Flamethrower is a great way to go, as is a Moltres with Overheat.
- If you’re looking for a Tank to beef up your team with, go for Omastar using Rock Slide and Rock Throw.
Pokemon GO Articuno Moves
Here are the moves you can expect from Articuno in Pokemon GO Raid Battles:
- Frost Breath
- Ice Beam
- Icy Wind
Articuno Pokemon GO Raid Battle Tips and Tricks
While having strong counters is key to any Raid Battle, there are some additional tips to keep in mind while fighting Articuno. We’ve collected some tips and tricks in the following list:
- Don’t have everyone in your team leave to go to the lobby at once. Leaving an enemy alone in battle allows it to heal
- There is a known dodge glitch associated with dodging a would-be fatal attack. You can avoid this by swapping in a pokemon to take the hit instead, then swapping your main back in.
Pokemon GO Articuno Free Raid Passes
As part of Articuno events, trainers will get the opportunity to earn free Raid Passes to use on Articuno Raids. To get these free Pokemon GO Raid Passes, players will just have to spin gym discs at any Gym in Pokemon GO, while an event is live. There’s usually a maximum of five free Raid Passes per person, which will be granted upon the first Gym Disc Spin of the day.
That’s all you need to know to make sure you are ready for any Pokemon GO Articuno Raid Battle. There are a couple more Pokemon GO events happening this summer, one of which will allow players to catch Mewtwo in standard Raids. You can read all about it in our Pokemon GO Mewtwo Guide.