Shadow of the Tomb Raider launched earlier in September for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and even earlier if you pre-ordered the Croft Edition of the game. In this Shadow of the Tomb Raider guide, we'll be detailing all the key information you need to get started with the latest entry in the Lara Croft saga, in our Shadow of the Tomb Raider tips section.
If you’re after a full review roundup of Square Enix’s latest Lara Croft adventure, you’ll want to head over to our Shadow of the Tomb Raider everything we know guide. Not only can you find a review roundup of the game here, but you can also find all the pre-order and gameplay details you need to know, ahead of the final launch.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Guide
Just below, you can find a full list of our Shadow of the Tomb Raider guides. We’ve divided lists of collectibles up by area, so you know how to find all the Murals, Documents, and other collectible items in Cozumel, Kuwaq Yaku, and more, as soon as we’ve made our way deeper into Lara’s latest adventure.
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Cozumel Guide - All Murals and Artifact Locations
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Peruvian Jungle Guide - All Murals, Artifacts, Documents, and Monolith Locations
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Bucket Puzzle Guide - How to Solve the Water Bucket Puzzle
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Mystery of the White Queen Puzzle Guide
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Kuwaq Yaku Guide - All Murals, Artifacts, Documents, and Monolith Locations
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trial of the Serpent Guide - How to Solve the Blood Channel Puzzle
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider San Cordoba Challenge Tomb Guide
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Trial of the Serpent Guide - How to Complete the Water Wheel Puzzle
Shadow of the Tomb Raider Tips
But if you’re instead after some simple tips and tricks for getting started with Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you’ll want to check out the list just below.
- Pressing in the right analog stick will let you scan around the nearby environment, letting you see the outlines of enemies, but also collectibles and animals if you unlock the corresponding perks.
- Speaking of perks, you can use your accumulated Skill Points at base camps to upgrade Lara, unlocking new combat and environmental abilities for her.
- You'll bag a Skill Point for roughly every 100 XP you gain, and Lara earns XP through killing enemies, completing puzzles and tombs, as well as scavenging plants, animals, and collectible items.
- Healing is different in Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Hold down the left bumper, and you can press either Y/Triangle to enhance your perception ability, or A/Cross to heal Lara.
- There's no breath meter for Lara while she's underwater, so pay attention to the vibration of your controller. The faster it vibrates, the closer Lara comes to drowning.
- Whenever you spot a patch of mud on the ground, press X/A to have Lara cover herself in mud, letting her blend into nearby walls covered in vines.
- For crafting arrows, hold down the right trigger to craft normal arrows, and the right bumper to craft fire arrows.
This marks the end of our Shadow of the Tomb Raider introductory guide. As we mentioned before though, we’ll be sure to update our guides whenever we come across anything new in the game, like an especially difficult Challenge Tomb. For now though, head on over to our Shadow of the Tomb Raider review, for our own thoughts on Lara Croft’s latest game.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.