Gears 5 collectibles are scattered all throughout the game, and there's a ton of hidden items to find in every act of the campaign. In our full Gears 5 collectibles guide, we'll be walking you through where to find all the collectible locations in the story, including collectibles in Act 1, Act 2, Act 3, and Act 4 of the campaign.
Gears 5 Collectibles
Within Gears 5, there are four different acts, with each one being split up into chapters containing multiple collectibles. You can use the list below to skip to the any chapter in which you're missing collectibles.
- Gears 5 Act 1 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 1 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 2 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 3 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 4 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 2 Collectibles
- Gear 5 Act 2, Chapter 1 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 2 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 3 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 4 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 5 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 3 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 1 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 2 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 3 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 4 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Act 4, Chapter 1 Collectibles
- Gears 5 Collectibles Reward
Gears 5 Act 1 Collectibles
For Act 1 in Gears 5, you're back in the familiar shoes of J.D. Fenix. Below, we've broken up Act 1 into each of the four chapters, so you know which sections to check for the corresponding chapter collectibles.
Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 1 Collectibles
It might be the introductory chapter for the game, but there's still a load of Gears 5 collectibles to be found in Act 1, Chapter 1. Refer to the list below for all the collectible locations.
- Onyx Guard Challenge Coin - After you're dropped into the water, you'll take a path up on your left. Before you go up the path, look down further to the left to see a small path that leads down to the Onyx Guard Challenge Coin collectible.
- Wellness Advisory Poster - When you reach a section where you have to cut through some wires with your Lancer, turn around. The Wellness Advisory Poster collectible will be directly behind you on the wall.
- COG Tags: Fallen Azura Gear - You can find this right after the section where you send Jack through a crack in the wall to unlock a door. After this head straight forward, and you'll eventually see a blood donation poster on your right. The COG Tags collectible is found on a body below the poster.
- Chairman's Wristwatch - Just after the section we described in the paragraph above, you'll ascend up some stairs. Go into the room to your left at the top of the stairs, and you'll find the Chairman's Wristwatch collectible on a desk.
- Lightmass Missile Strike Authorization - There's a section in this introductory level where you'll face off against a Swarm enemy with a weapon that launches projectiles saws at you. At the end of this area, look into the room on your left to find the Lightmass Missile Strike Authorization collectible.
- UIR Hammer of Dawn Blueprints - When you reach the Chairman's Office, there's a room adjacent to the office on the left. You can find the UIR Hammer of Dawn Blueprints collectible on a desk in the middle of this secondary room.
Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 2 Collectibles
Act 1, Chapter 2 of Gears 5 sees Delta squad heading back to civilization for the first time, to meet with Commander Jinn. Below, you can find all the Act 1, Chapter 2 collectibles.
- Photograph of Kilo Squad - When you're back in control of J.D., go towards Baird. The Photograph of Kilo Squad collectible is on the desk directly behind him.
- Mark 3 Lancer Blueprint - When Baird asks you to follow him into the next room, do so. After you enter the room, turn left to see the Mark 3 Lancer Blueprint behind Kait and Del.
- Trauma Record: Marcus Fenix - Before you head into the training room to test out Jack's new abilities, look to the right of the doors. You'll see the collectible on a wooden box.
- Gym Notice to Trainees - After you're introduced to Fahz, turn to your right. You'll see the Gym Notice to Trainees collectible straight ahead of you on the wall.
- DBI Marketing Brochure - After you've met Fahz and visited the room opposite from the gym, where you collect your first Component with which to upgrade Jack, you'll enter a lobby area. Before heading through the next set of doors, look to your left to find this collectible on a bench.
Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 3 Collectibles
This chapter kicks off inside the city of New Ephyra, with Delta squad venturing out to fend off the attacking Swarm. You can find all the collectibles in Act 1, Chapter 3 just below.
- The New Ephyran: 20th Anniversary Edition - After you've fended off the attackers from the downed helicopter, go into the next room from the fire. Immediately ahead of you in th corner on the left, is this collectible on a desk.
- Seditious Letter - After you've seen the Swarmak smash a group of Gears and defeated a few Swarm soldiers, you'll go up a flight of stairs. Turn left at the top to see this collectible on a desk.
- Settlement 2 Welcome Package - You'll come to a room full of civilians hiding, after a COG soldier accidentally shoots at you. From the exit back outside, look to your left to find this collectible on a desk in an adjacent room.
- COG Tags: Fallen Gear at Condor Crash - When you're approaching the crash site, a crawling DeeBee will explode in front of you. On the ground where the robot explodes, you can find the COG Tags collectible.
- Seran Colossus - After you've taken down the Juvies in a street, and go to walk through an arch to reach Carmine's squad, turn around. You'll see an open door to a bookshop, where you can find the Seran Colossus collectible on the bookstand in the middle of the store.
Gears 5 Act 1, Chapter 4 Collectibles
The final act of Chapter 1in Gears 5 sees Delta squad making a last ditch effort to save Settlement from the invading Swarm. You can find all the Act 1, Chapter 4 collectibles just below.
- Memo to Bomah Staff Hotel - After you've cleared the crash site of enemies, you'll break/chainsaw your way through a gate. In this area, take the entrance to the hotel on the left, and go round the corner, past boxes to the left to find this collectible on a desk.
- COG Tags: Fallen Gear at Hotel - When you go through a door and are in complete darkness for a moment, Jack will turn on a light for you. Dead ahead from your starting position is a dead COG soldier, along with the collectible right by them.
- Lost Horse Plush - Once you've dealt with Rejects in the big hall, you'll head through double doors to see a fallen chandelier in front of you. Round the other side of the chandelier, at the back of the area, is the Lost Horse Plush collectible.
- Settlement 2 Summer Birth Pamphlet - Up the stairs from the fallen chadelier, you'll find a ton of bodies blocking your way. Turn left, and as you go forward, you'll find this pamphlet on a table on your right.
- Song Lyrics - After you regroup with Marcus and Kait, you'll head up some stairs, turning left at the top to reach a dressing room. Turn left when you're in the dressing room to see a smaller room off to the side, containing the Song Lyrics collectible.
- Worn Lighter - After the dressing room, you go through a smaller corridor to a slightly larger area. There's two dressing tables to the left in this area, one of which has the collectible on it.
- Octus Canon Scroll Prop - Before you go to pull the lever to raise the curtain on the stage, turn around from the lever. In front of you and to the left, in the corner of the area, is the scroll prop collectible on a box.
Gears 5 Act 2 Collectibles
Now in Act 2 of Gears 5, you'll be playing as Kait. It's Kait and Del in this section of Gears 5, and they kick things off by visiting Kait's uncle, who we last saw in Gears of War 4.
Gear 5 Act 2, Chapter 1 Collectibles
In Act 2, Chapter 1 of Gear 5, Kait and Del make their journey to a settlement out in the wilderness. You can find the Act 2, Chapter 1 collectibles just below.
- Hand-Crafted Riftworm Flute - When you're first in control of Kait, go down the stairs on your right and turn right. Ahead of you on a desk, there's the flute collectible.
- Ilima City License Plate - When you're going down the main "high street" of sorts, you'll eventually find a small furnace on your right. Just in front of the furnace, you can find this collectible.
- Wooden Lancer Toy - After you've used Jack to stop the flow of steam, go forward. On your right when you turn the corner, there's the Wooden Lancer Toy collectible found next to a block of concrete.
- Major Howl and Battlin' Ants - After you've seen a kid get dragged back indoors by his mother, you're looking for the last house on the left on this road. In here, you can find the comic collectible near a giant tooth.
- New Village Rules Mandate - When you get to the armory, with Lancers and other weapons on your left, you're in the right area for this collectible. In this room, near the technicians working on a Swarm robot, there's this poster on a wall.
- Note to the Chief - After Kait has her first vision, you're looking for a yellowish house ahead of you on the corner. In here, on the desk next to a woman, is the Note to the Chief collectible.
- Norsko's Letter - Before you pass through a small wooden gate to meet with the chief, turn around. Ahead of you on some boxes, there's the Norsko's Letter collectible.
- Outside Skiff Schematic - When you're next to the Silverback, look to your right. You can find the Outside Skiff Schematic collectible on a box.
Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 2 Collectibles
Act 2, Chapter 2 marks the debut open world section in Gears 5. Below, you can find a list of the collectibles around the open world section.
- Grindlift Maintenance Notes - Once you're on the frozen lake, head northwest to find the Train Tunnel location. At the back of the tunnel, once you've defeated a Carrier, you can kick in a train car door to find the collectible.
- Faded Photograph - After you're done with the tunnel and back at the skiff, follow the train tracks to a lone car. In here, you can find the Faded Photograph collectible.
- Lena's Journal - If you follow the New Hope mission marker on your map, you'll eventually come to a campsite with a few green tents. In the middle of this area, you can find Lena's Journal.
Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 3 Collectibles
When you go to enter the New Hope Research Facility in Act 2, you'll kick off Chapter 3. Below, you can find all the collectible locations in Act 2, Chapter 3.
- Intercepted Letter - As soon as you're in the New Hope Research Facility, head forward, past the main desk on your left. Next to the sealed door with a COG sign on it, there's the Intercepted Letter collectible.
- Sovereign Directive 10345 - When you're out of the cell and into the hallway, turn right. Go forward until you find a port Jack can interact with on the right, and in the room that opens up, you'll find the collectible.
- Patient Analysis: AX-331-2 - Leave the room with the Sovereign Directive in and turn right. To the left of you in this room, you'll find the Patient Analysis collectible.
- Patient Analysis: EV-184-9 - When you come to the child's room, you can vault through the broken glass window on your left. Ahead of you, there's this collectible on a desk next to an old computer.
- Patient Analysis: RK-619-4 - When you've climbed up a ladder and find yourself in an area with pods, proceed forward and round to the left. After you drop down, there'll be a doorway further along on your right, with the Patient Analysis collectible next to a corpse.
- Timeworn Data Drive - When you go down some stairs with a drop at the bottom, you'll find yourself in a larger, creepy looking long room. On the right of the room, you'll find the Timeworn Data Drive collectible.
Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 4 Collectibles
For Act 2, Chapter 4, Kait and Del are back in the open world once again. Below, you can find all the collectibles that are found in the open world section.
- Security Memorandum - When you park up the Skiff near the East Comms Tower, there's actually a small substation to the left of the flag that signifies the entrance to the comms tower. In this substation, you can find the Security Memorandum collectible.
- Krav's Locust Tag - Directly south from the North Comms Tower on the map, you can find the Old Derrick Site. Before you enter the actual location, there's some metal debris to the left, with a skeleton holding the collectible.
- Lena's Scribbles - As you did with the East Comms Tower, there's a substation before you reach the North Comms Tower. Within this substation, you can find Lena's Scribbles.
- Frayed-Pouncer-Tooth Necklace - Near the East Comms Tower, there's a marker for an Abandoned Mine. This involves you fending off groups of Swarm, but after you've done this, you'll eventually find yourself at some railway tracks, with a wooden watchtower next to them. In this watchtower, when you've climbed up the ladder to reach it, you can find the necklace collectible.
- Nethercutt Mining Poster - After the previous collectible, you can enter the mine itself by pulling up a metal door. After you do, look to the wall on the right of the doorway to find the mining poster collectible.
Gears 5 Act 2, Chapter 5 Collectibles
Act 2, Chapter 5 of the Gears 5 campaign takes place in the Kadar laboratory, where you'll run into Niles again. You can find the list of collectibles for this chapter just below.
- Subject Analysis: UL-119-2 - When Niles lowers the water level, follow him down the stairs, and go up the stairs in front of you and to the right. When you kick the door down to this room, there'll be the Subject Analysis collectible on a table at the back of the room.
- Subject Analysis: TE-872-3 - Right after the cutscene between Kait, Del, and Niles' AI system, pick up this Subject Analysis collectible from the floor, where Kait dropped it.
- Lexigram Board - When you're on a walkway with a frozen bed of water to the right, you'll have to send Jack ahead to deactivate four Cryo turrets. After this, as you're heading along the walkway, you can find the Lexigram Board collectible on a dead body to your left.
- Subject Analysis: EV-184-9 - When you're back in control of Kait and pursuing Niles, you'll eventually come to a room with two Cryo turrets spraying from a wall on your left. Deactivate the turrets by interacting with the corpse on the right of the room, and then go back to the desk and collect the Subject Analysis collectible.
- Sketchbook - After the room with the turrets where you deactivated the lockdown, you'll enter a room with two cushions and a rocking horse in front of you. Look to your left to find the Sketchbook collectible on the ground.
Gears 5 Act 3 Collectibles
Act 3 follows Kait and Del into the second open world section of Gears 5. This huge area takes place in a desert setting, and is far bigger than the last open world area in the frozen tundra.
Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 1 Collectibles
For the debut chapter in Act 3 for Gears 5, you'll find yourself in an abandoned airport. The full list of collectibles for Act 3, Chapter 1 is just below.
- Corisku Newspaper - As soon as you start off in the abandoned airport section of Gears 5, turn around to find the Corisku Newspaper collectible on the bar counter.
- Doomed Empire, Chapter 9 - When you've descended down the stairs from the starting position in the airport, go forward and to the left, and you'll see Baird on your left. Turn right from where you see Baird, walk forward, and then turn right once you've passed some suitcases to find the Doomed Empire Chapter 9 collectible.
- Missive to Agent 9 - On the first floor of the airport, there's an office in the northern corner of the building, which can be reached by going past a row of computer desks. In this office, against the far wall from where you enter, there's the Missive to Agent 9 collectible on a desk.
- Nomad's Creed - Out around the back of the airport, you'll find Paduk. Behind where Paduk is stationed, there's a small clearing to the left of the two helicopters. On one of the tables next to a tent, you can find the Nomad's Creed collectible.
Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 2 Collectibles
It's in Act 3, Chapter 2 of Gears 5 that you head out into the second open world portion of the game. The collectibles listed below for Act 3, Chapter 3 are all found in the open world.
- Hammer of Dawn Command Case - After you proceed down a corridor that bends round slightly to the left, you'll open a blast door. In this dark room, you can find the Hammer of Dawn Command Case on the ground along the wall to the right.
- Loyalist Orders From Major Toly - You're going to defend a position with a turret while Jack opens a door, during which a Warden will appear. After, head through the door, and at the bottom of the stairs, look to some sandbags on your right ahead of you to find the Loyalist Orders collectible behind them.
- The Major's Speech - After you've successfully escorted the rocket head, you'll head into a dark corridor, where Kait will call from some light from Jack. After you've descended down the stairs, head into the room on your left to find the Major's Speech collectible on the table.
- UIR Tag: Lieutenant Melich - After you've reached the rocket turntable section and defeated a Warden, you'll have to pull open a blast door. Head round to the left once you're through the door, you can find the UIR Tag collectible on some barrels.
Gears 5 Act 3, Chapter 3 Collectibles
Although there are four chapters in Act 3 of Gears 5, there aren't any in the final chapter, so Act 3, Chapter 3 makes up the last lot of collectibles for the act. You can find all the Act 3, Chapter 3 collectibles below.
- UIR Tag: Captain Tagger - Found immediately after the Pouncer gets annihilated, in the same area where the monster was previously stood, just next to the Hammer of Dawn beacon.
- UIR LC Cirtual A1 - In roughly the middle of the desert map, you'll find the City Ruins. Once you've got Jack to rip the door open and survived the Swarm ambush, turn right. At the top of the stairs, you'll find a desk with the UIR LC Cirtual collectible on.
Gears 5 Act 4 Collectibles
Act 4 rounds out Gears 5. Although there are two chapters in this final act, you can only find collectibles in Chapter 1 of Gears 5.
Gears 5 Act 4, Chapter 1 Collectibles
There are two chapters in Act 4 of Gears 5, but only the first one contains any collectibles. You can find all the collectibles for Act 4, Chapter 1 just below.
- Encyclopaedia of Tyran Military History - After Cole gives Delta squad a lift using a car, the collectible is found dead ahead from the bottom of the stairs.
- Ruptured Gears Helmet - After you've killed the Swarmak, you'll get an objective to help Paduk. When you get to a road, turn right to find the helmet at the edge of the area.
- Restoration Notice: Tomb of the Unknowns - This collectible is found directly next to the double doors leading to the tomb, immediately on the right.
Gears 5 Collectibles Reward
Unfortunately, there isn't an in-game reward for obtaining all the collectibles in Gears 5. All you'll attain if you acquire every collectible is an Xbox Achievement.
If you want to see what we made of Microsoft's latest entry in the franchise, you can check out our own Gears 5 review. For guides to the sequel, you can head over to our Gears 5 collectibles guide, or our guide to the Gears 5 Matriarch boss.