Hitman 2 has some pretty awesome levels, taking players from gorgeous bustling cities to jungle paradises. There’s also a mission that’s set in a small American suburb, with Agent 47 tracking down two targets at once. It’s a smaller affair than the other maps, but still has a ton of different kills to carry out. To help guide you through it, we’ve been busy putting together this Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Guide. It has details on all of the major kills, as well walkthroughs on how to carry them out. We’ll show you where to find key items like propane tanks, poison, and a wrench, so that you can clear the level as quickly as possible.
For more on Hitman 2 be sure to head on over to our Hitman 2 Guides Hub. It has links to all of our Hitman 2 Guides, including detailed breakdowns of each level, a look at the controls, and some helpful tips and tricks.
Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Guide
The fourth mission in Hitman 2 takes Agent 47 to Whittleton Creek, a sleepy American suburb. There are two targets to take down, and three clues to collect as well. You’ll need to kill both targets, and grab three of the clues in order to complete it. The first target is Janus. He’s a surly old man who loves smoking despite needing an oxygen tank to breathe. He’s pretty much exclusively confined to his house.
This is in stark contrast to our next target Nolan Cassidy. He is a bodyguard that patrols the entire area, spying on neighbours and party goers alike. He can be tricky to pin down but following some of the mission stories will lead you to him.
- Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Clues
- Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Poison Locations
- Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Propane Canister Location
- Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Mission Walkthroughs
- Hitman 2 Pest Control Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 Whack a Mole Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 Breadcrumb Trail Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 An Apple a Day Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 Charbroiled Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 House For Sale Walkthrough
- Hitman 2 No Smoking Area Walkthrough, Cigarettes Location
- Hitman 2 Whittleton Creek Assassin Challenges
In order to clear the level in Whittleton Creek, you’ll need to find three clues. There are a number of clues to find, so we’ve listed some of them below.
- In the area round the back of Cassidy’ house, there is a overgrown area guarded by two men.
- You’ll need to find a shovel, there’s one in the shed one garden over.
- Now, you can find a clue by digging up an area of ground just next to the river, in line with the door in the fence leading to Cassidy’s house.
- There’s another clue in Cassidy’s house. It is a video tape located up on the second floor of the house. You can play it by going to the house at 429 and using the equipment in the attic.
- Another clue can be found in the house next t Cassidy’s. A woman there is making a robe for Cassidy, which can be found on the top floor.
You’ll need poison for a few of the kills, so to save you some time we’ve collected a list of places you can pick it up.
- The easiest place to pick up rat poison in Whittleton Creek is in the garage of the house where the party is taking place. There’s no security so you can just stroll in and grab it.
If you want to get the food going at the party, you’ll need to fuel up the grill. To do this, you’ll need to get a new propane can and install it. There’s one on the barbeque in Janus’ backyard, which is pretty easy to get to if you’re careful.
Mission Stories are a great way to play through Hitman 2, guiding you from objective to objective leading up to some pretty awesome kills. They can still be pretty tricky to pull off though, but we’ve got you covered. You’ll find walkthroughs for all of Hitman 2’s Mission Stories below:
This mission involves bug spraying your targets. It is very satisfying, and one of the cleanest kills in the game. Let’s take a look.
- First up you need to head to the green crates in the West of the map.
- They are guarded, but you can break in easily by using the foliage as cover.
- You’ll need a lockpick to open the crate, or a key from a nearby worker.
- Break in and take the bug spray
- Take out the exterminator and hide him in the bushes.
- Enter Cassidy’s house through the garage, and use the nearby generator to lure in a guard.
- Take him out and hide the body.
- The fumigator is outside, so you can climb out of the window
- Add the bug killer.
- Sneak upstairs, and watch out for cameras, there are a lot around here.
- Look for the gun case, and break it, Cassidy will come running.
- Quickly head for the fumigator, and wait until everyone is inside.
- Start the fumigator, head upstairs and kill Cassidy.
The next kill involves molehills and explosives, so buckle in. Here’s our Hitman 2 Whack a Mole walkthrough.
- You’ll need an explosive item to start
- Disguise yourself as a gardener and grab the key for Janus’ house
- Go to Janus’ garden and start picking up all of the soda cans, balls, tools that you can find.
- You need to block all of the holes with items. If you run out, head for the party next door and grab a load of soda.
- Block one of the holes with explosives then leave the area.
- Wait for Janus to walk over to the bomb hole.
- Detonate it
This mission story will lead you to a bunch of useful clues. It doesn’t end in a kill, but you will need these clues to finish the level. Let’s take a look.
- Look for the mailman, and listen to his phone call.
- Offer to help him deliver a package
- Deliver the package and then ring the doorbell.
- Sneak around the backyard and into the shed, you’ll find lawsuit documents.
- Head to Cassidy’s house and look for a VHS tape.
- Go to house 429, it has surveillance equipment in the attic.
- The best way in is to hop the garden fence, and then sneak up the ladder and into the second floor. You’ll see a pull cord leading up to the attic above .
- Play the tape.
- Infiltrate Janus’ house and head for the basement.
- There’s a photo in there that you’ll need, guarded by someone.
- They’re pretty easy to take out, as you can dump them in the nearby wardrobe.
For this Mission Story, Agent 47 will need to masquerade as a nurse, before smothering Janus with a pillow. There’s a timer section for this one, though it’s pretty easy if you know what you’re doing.
- The Nurse is located down by the creek, accompanied by a guard.
- The guard will turn away at some point, meaning you can sneak up to the Nurse using the foliage.
- Once you’ve taken them out, drag them to the nearby shed and put them through the window. Dump them inside and take the disguise.
- Go to Janus’ house, you will be frisked.
- Ring the doorbell and let Janus escort you upstairs.
- You’ll eventually be escorted into the study, where you’ll be given five minutes to complete your kill.
- Look around the room and you’ll see an entrance to the attic.
- Move up there, and then climb out of the window.
- Re-enter the building and then Sneak back to Janus.
- Escort Janus to the bathroom and smother him with a pillow.
In this kill, Cassidy gets more than he bargained for while eating a burger. You’ll need to know where to find the propane tank, and also keep your cool at the party, let’s take a look.
- First thing is first, you should grab a propane can. There’s one in Janus’ garden.
- Take the can to the party and install it at the barbeque.
- Now, you need to get yourself a waiter outfit.
- The easiest way to get one by heading upstairs in the party house.
- In one of the rooms you’ll find a very shifty looking server. Take his outfit and make sure you hide his body in the room nearby.
- You’ll need to grab some rat poison, luckily there’s some in the garage.
- Serve food as a waiter until Cassidy arrives.
- Poison the food, and then offer some to Cassidy.
- Head to the bathroom before he gets there, and then take him out.
Agent 47 plays realtor in this mission story. You’ll need to poison a cupcake, and blow Cassidy up with a laser security system, neat!
- Grab a blueberry muffin from the stand before starting.
- Disguise yourself as a server using the one waiting on the second floor of the party house.
- Get rat poison from the party house garage.
- Place a muffin on the table by the stand.
- Poison it.
- Follow the realtor and then grab his disguise.
- Meet Cassidy, and take a tour of the house.
- Lead him into the basement and show him the vault found on the realtor’s body.
- Let Cassidy disable the alarm, and then wait for him to dismiss his guard.
- Wait for Cassidy to get inside the vault , and then reactivate the alarm.
Oxygen tanks and cigarettes don’t mix, though they do make for a very flashy kill. Here’s how to pull off the Hitman 2 No Smoking Area Mission Story.
- Pick up a wrench from Cassidy’s garage.
- Grab some cigarettes from the garden next to Janus’.
- They are in the corner bush.
- Infiltrate Janus’ house.
- Replace his pack of cigarettes.
- Sabotage his oxygen machine.
As well as the mission stories, there are a handful of challenges to complete. Some are hidden, so we’ve made sure to list the ones we’ve worked out so far below.
- Finger on the Pulse - Follow the ‘An Apple a Day’ Mission Story.
- Sold! - Follow the ‘House For Sale’ Mission Story.
- Reasonable Scope - Kill all targets with a sniper rifle while sitting in the tree house.
- Unreasonable Scope - Kill all targets with one shot with a sniper rifle from the tree house in the Schmidt garden.
- Memorabilia - Lure Janus down to the basement and impale him on the hammer and sickle statue.
- A Buffet To You, Sir - Follow the ‘Charbroiled’ Mission Story.
- Sneezing Suspicion - Follow the ‘No Smoking Area’ Mission Story.
- Monster Cookie - Poison the cupcake in Janus’ room.
- Doable Scope - Kill a Target with sniper rifle from the tree house.
- Death From Below - Follow the ‘Whack-a-mole’ Mission Story
- Explosive Potential - Follow the ‘Whack-a-mole’ Mission Story
- Tea Time - There’s a tea urn in Janus’ kitchen, poison it.
- Pass Gas - Follow the ‘Pest Control’ Mission Story.
- Straight Shot - Assassinate a target with a headshot.
- Tasteless, Traceless - use lethal poison to assassinate a target. Cassidy at the BBQ is a good choice.
- Whittleton Creek Blackout - Kill all targets with electricity. Lights in Janus’ garden.
- Whittleton Creek Electric - Kill any target with electricity.
- Piano Man - Assassinate a target with fiber wire.
- Hold my hair - Drown Cassidy in the toilet at the end of the ‘Charbroiled’ mission story.
- Someone Could Hurt Themselves - Assassinate a target in an accident. A good choice here is the electricity kills.