The Monster Hunter World PC port finally released back in August, but you'll need a pretty pricey rig if you want to run it at the 60FPS benchmark. In this Monster Hunter World PC guide, we'll be walking you through everything you need to know about the base game, as well as the PC port of Capcom's incredibly successful game. There's a full section of Monster Hunter World PC reviews roundup, as well as the complete range of recommended Monster Hunter World PC specs.
For more info and help with the game, head to our Monster Hunter World Guide hub. It's full of useful info about every aspect of Capcom's deep action RPG.
Monster Hunter World PC Release Date
Back near the beginning of 2018, Monster Hunter World launched on the PS4 and Xbox One, releasing in late January. Later on in the year, Capcom revealed that the PC port of Monster Hunter World would be releasing on August 9, through Steam.
Monster Hunter World PC Minimum System Requirements
As for what it'll actually take to run Monster Hunter World on your PC, check out the list of the minimum PC specs just below:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system.
- OS: WINDOWS® 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit required).
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460, 3.20GHz or AMD FX™-6300.
- Memory: 8 GB RAM.
- Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 or AMD Radeon™ R7 260x (VRAM 2GB).
- DirectX: Version 11.
- Network: Broadband Internet connection.
- Storage: 20 GB available space.
- Sound Card: DirectSound (DirectX® 9.0c).
- Additional Notes: 1080p/30fps when graphics settings are set to "Low".
Monster Hunter World PC Recommended System Requirements
If you want Monster Hunter World on PC to run well and look great, you're going to want to meet the recommended system specs. We've got the complete rundown of the recommended PC system requirements just below:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: WINDOWS 7, 8, 8.1, 10 (64-bit required)
- Processor: Intel Core i7 3770 3.4GHz or Intel Core i3 8350 4GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (VRAM 3GB) or AMD Radeon RX 570X (VRAM 4GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 20 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectSound (DirectX 9.0c or better)
Monster Hunter World Review Roundup
While Monster Hunter World initially scored a prestigious 39/40 from Japanese publication Famitsu ahead of time, other reviews are now live for the game, and we've rounded up a selection just below. If you're wondering if Monster Hunter World is worth picking up on PC in August, these reviews of the console game suggest it definitely is:
- USgamer: 5/5 - "The next generation of Monster Hunter has finally begun, and, with Monster Hunter World, it's off to an incredibly good start."
- Eurogamer: Essential - "Monster Hunter World sees 13 years of evolution come crashing together with some new influences to create a very exciting breed of beast."
- IGN: 9.5/10 - "Bold and newly beautiful, Monster Hunter: World demands to be played on its own terms and rewards you with an amazing RPG."
- Gamespot: 8/10 - "The Monster Hunter formula has definitely honed its claws, and all the above factors play their part in making Monster Hunter World a meaningful evolution for the series at large."
Monster Hunter World Individual Guides:
- Monster Hunter World Gathering Hub Area Guide - Where to Find the Canteen and Workshop
- Monster Hunter World Hunter Rank Guide - How to Increase Your Hunter Rank
- Monster Hunter World Combat Guide - Full Combat Controls, How to Evade Monster Attacks
- Monster Hunter World Palico Guide - How to Unlock New Gear and Armor, How to Earn Palico Gadgets
- Monster Hunter World Weapons Guide - Every Weapon Type Explained, Which Weapon to Use For Which Monster
- Monster Hunter World Weapon Adjustments Guide - Complete Patch 2.0.0 Weapon Changes Notes
- Monster Hunter World Weapon Tier Guide - Every Solo, Co-Op Weapon Tier List
- Monster Hunter World Affinity Guide - How to Understand Weapon and Armor Affinity Bonus Skills
- Monster Hunter World Best Weapons Guide - The Best Weapons to Kill Any Monster in the Game
- Monster Hunter World Builds Guide - The Best Weapon and Armor Combinations
- Monster Hunter World Crafting Guide - How to Craft Items, Best Items to Craft
- Monster Hunter World Bone Guide - How to Find Boulder Bone, Ancient Bone, Warped Bone, Monster Bone +
- Monster Hunter World Insect Glaive Guide - How to Use and Upgrade Kinsects
- Monster Hunter World Armor Guide - How to Unlock New Armor, How to Upgrade Armor, Best Monster Hunter World Armor
- Monster Hunter World Capture Guide - How to Capture a Monster, How to Craft and Shock Trap and Tranq Bomb
- Monster Hunter World Cooking Guide - How to Cook, How to Use the Canteen
- Monster Hunter World Arena Guide - How to Start the Arena, How to Earn the Best Ranks
- Monster Hunter World Botanical Research Guide - How to Cultivate and Fertilize Plants and Insects
- Monster Hunter World Ecological Research Guide - How to Earn Research Points Quickly
- Monster Hunter World Sinister Cloth Guide - How to Find and Obtain Sinister Cloth, How to Forge the Death Stench Armor Set
- Monster Hunter World Jewels Guide - Jewels Explained, How to Farm Jewels
- Monster Hunter World Aloy's Gear Guide - How to Get Aloy's Armor and Bow, Palico's Watcher Armor
- Monster Hunter World Street Fighter 5 Guide - How to Complete the Street Fighter 5 Collaboration Event and Unlock Ryu's Gear
Monster Hunter World DLC
In the months following the launch of Monster Hunter World near the beginning of this year, Capcom outlined post-launch content plans for the game. The first creature to be added to the game after launch was the Deviljho, and if you want a complete recap of all past beasts that have been added to the game since, you'll want to head over to our Monster Hunter World events guide.
Monster Hunter World Weapon Types
If you want a recap if all the 14 types of weapons available for players to use in Monster Hunter World, check out all the videos from Capcom just below.