Spider-Man is one of the best games that came out in 2018, putting players into the web-slinging shoes of the iconic superhero. It has some of the coolest traversal in any game ever, though can be a little tricky to get the hang of at first. To help you go from friendly neighbourhood good guy to fully-fledged hero, we've put together this Spider-Man PS4 Guide. It's where we'll collect all of our Spider-Man PS4 Guides Content. From essential tips and tricks, to a look at all of the suits, we've got you covered.
On this page you'll find some general Spider Man PS4 tips, but also links to all of our specific guide pages. Hopefully we'll have info on whatever area of the game you're struggling with.
Spider Man PS4 Guide
You won’t become an expert web-slinger right away in Spider Man PS4, not without a little practice first. That’s why we’ve been busy pulling together everything you need to make the most of your time with the game. You can find our collection of Spider Man PS4 Guides below:
- Spider-Man Suits Guide - Every Spider Man Suit, and How to Get Each One
- Spider-Man Combat Guide - Combat Tips, Best Suit Power, Best Suit Mods
- Museum Statue Puzzle - How to Solve the Spider man Museum Statue Puzzle
- Secret Photo Locations - All 50 Secret Photo Locations Revealed
- Spider Man PS4 Silver Sable Character Guide - Silver Sable Voice Actor, What Happens to Silver Sable in Spider Man PS4
- Spider Man PS4 Miles Morales Character Guide - Can You Play as Miles Morales?
- Spider Man PS4 Easter Eggs - Can You Play as Miles Morales?
Spider Man PS4 Tips
If you've just starting playing Marvel's Spider-Man and want to give yourself the best chance of success, or have been playing for a while and are struggling, we've put together some tips. If you're after more targeted help, look at our various guides we've listed above, but this selection of pointers should give you a broad set of advice to work with.
- If you’re finding combat a little difficult, remember that you can change the difficulty at any time. Just head into the settings menu, then game, then select the difficulty you’d like to adjust to.
- Don’t be afraid to make use of the aim and web-to option. Just hold down L2, and aim where you’d like to web to. Hit R2 and you’ll land there. This can be a great way to reorient yourself in a pinch, and to move around an area stealthily.
- Use your gadgets. You might be tempted to default to punching and dodging in combat, but you shouldn’t underestimate your gadgets. The we-bomb and spider-drone are particularly useful.
- When fighting on rooftops, use a concussion blast or web throw to knock enemies off of the building.
- The Web Blossom Suit Ability is seriously effective, instantly rendering around 80 percent of the enemies in the area completely incapacitated.
- Remember to do the side activities as you play. This will give you enough tokens to unlock new Suit Powers and gadgets, which will be extremely valuable later on in the game.
- You can assign any Suit Power to any Suit, so you won’t need to run around in a suit you don’t like in order to use a certain move
- Make the most of your Suit Mods, swap them out for each situation, and remember which ones help your play-style the most. A good all-round build is Gel Padding, Ballistic Inserts, and Stormbolt Discharger
- Prioritize dodging above all else, if a target line goes red, then dodge, do not take on another attack or try to zip across the area, you will get hit.
- While they can be a little tedious, the science mini-games found in the lab can be a great way to farm tokens, which you can spend on upgrading your gadgets.
- Stay in the air during combat, as much as you can
- Make use of every throwable item in the area, they’re great for taking down brutes
- Take time to swing around the city, being good at traversal is key later on in the game
- When playing as MJ, use lures whenever you can, and watch out for broken glass
Spider Man PS4 Controls
Webbing, punching, taking photographs, there’s a fair bit to juggle when you first start playing Spider Man PS4. You’ll want to get acquainted with the controls first, and then all of the crazy, gravity defying tricks and flips will follow. Here’s the controls for Spider Man PS4.
For more on the exact combo controls you’ll need to use during combat, head on over to our Spider Man PS4 Combat Guide. It’s full of helpful info to help you get to grips with dodging, using Suit Perks, and more.
Spider-Man PS4 Photo Mode
A new photo Mode is set to be added into Spider Man PS4 as part of the day one patch. We’ll be sure to update you here if anything changes, but for now check out some of the awesome things you can do with the Spider-Man Photo Mode, in the trailer below.
How to Change Difficulty in Spider Man PS4
If you’re finding Spider Man a little difficult, you can change the difficulty at any time. Just follow the steps below to switch between friendly, amazing and Spectacular difficulty settings.
- Press the “Options” button to head into the menu
- Select “Settings”
- Now head over to “Game”
- From here you can lower or increase the difficulty whenever you want
Spider Man PS4 Voice Actor
Unsurprisingly, you spend quite a bit of time with Peter Parker while playing the game, so it's only natural that you'd wonder who the voice actor behind it all is. Well, in Spider Man PS4, the voice actor who plays Peter Parker is Yuri Lowenthal. Yuri is a veteran voice actor, having woorked on the likes of Horizon: Zero Dawn, RWBY, Ben 10, and several animated DC movies. He does a great job as Spider Man, helping to round out a slightly older Peter Parker than we're used to seeing.
That’s everything we’ve got for you so far on Spider Man PS4. We’ll be bringing you more info as we get it. You can check out what we thought of the game in our Spider Man PS4 Review.