Spider-Man PS4 adopts a variation on the Arkham combat first popularized in Arkham Asylum. It's much more aerial though, with an emphasis placed on gadgets and finishing moves. It can be pretty tricky to master, especially once some of the harder enemies start showing later on in the game. In this Spider-Man PS4 Combat Guide, we'll go through the best ways to beat every enemy type. We'll also take a look at some of the harder enemies in the game, like the jetpack troops.
Spider Man PS4 Combat
Whether you're struggling with the basics of combat in Spider Man PS4 or don't quite understand how suit perks work, we've got the info you need to improve your superhero fighting game. Read on for a string of Spider Man PS4 combat tips that will turn you from friendly neighbourhood spider into a nightmare.
Spider Man PS4 Combat Tips
If you're struggling with the combat in Spider Man PS4, give the following combat tips a read before you go any further. Some of these tips might sound obvious, but put them all together and you should find yourself able to take on more thugs and generally have a simpler time taking on foes.
- Dodging should always take priority over every other action. If an enemy takes aim, you need to stop attacking, and get ready to doge. Mastering this early on, and learning to dodge while swinging is a must.
- Try to stay in the air as much as possible. Do this by holding square to knock enemies into the air, and following them up there to deal damage.
- Know your enemy types, as you’ll need to use different moves to take down each one.
- If you see an L1/R1 prompt to throw an item, throw it. There will be plenty of things to throw, and you should take advantage of each of them.
- Use gadgets constantly to take down enemies faster.
- Webbing up an enemy when they are near a surface will stick them to it, finishing them.
- Hitting an enemy with impact web near a surface will also insta-kill them
- Deal with snipers first, then armed goons. You can mop up the rest afterwards
- As soon as you can, unlock the insta-finisher after dodging skill, it’ll make it a lot easier to take down armed enemies from afar.
- Don’t rely too heavily on the triangle zipline attack, it doesn’t do as much damage as hitting them, and you get shot easily while mid-attack.
- Use your Suit Powers often, as they’ll regenerate during combat
- Knock enemies off of rooftops whenever you can, the Concussion Blast is great for this
Spider Man PS4 - How to Beat Every Enemy Type
There are a few different enemy types to contend with in Spider Man PS4, each one requiring a slightly different tactic. You’ll need to know how to take on each one, especially later on in the game when you’ll face multiple enemy types at once. We’ve listed every enemy type below, with a brief description of how to tackle each one.
- Normal - Just use any attacks you can, but don’t waste finishing moves on them. Web them up with web shooters and knock them up high.
- Melee weapon enemy - These enemies cannot be hit normally, first you’ll need to hold square to knock them into the air, then you can attack.
- Shield enemy - To take down shield enemies, hit square to attack, then hit circle. You’ll slide through their legs, and can then attack from behind.
- Whip enemy - The whip enemy must first be dodged, then countered. Ideally you’ll want to perform a perfect dodge, which will web their eyes shut, making it easier to move in and take them down. Stay on the ground near these enemies, as they will pull you down with their whips.
- Brute enemies - Brute enemies must be hit five times with a web shooter, or hit with other gadgets before attacking. You can also Throw objects at them, and then attack while they’re stunned.
- Sable agents - These have heavy armor, so will require more hits to take down. You can also use the Concussion Blast Gadget to knock off their armor, making them easier to defeat.
- Jetpack agents - use triangle to close the distance on these enemies, hit them twice, then dodge. Repeat until you build up a Focus attack then hop from one to the other taking them out.
That’s everything you need to know about the combat in Spider Man PS4. For more on the game, check out our Spider Man Suits Guide. There are plans to release new content every month for the rest of the year as well, so be sure to stay tuned for details.