If you’re looking to build some of the higher level armor in Fallout 76, you’ll need to track down rarer resources. One of these resources is called Ballistic Fiber. Ballistic Fiber is used for crafting a variety of things including metal armor, some of the better weapon mods, and certain building components. You’ll most likely run into it while upgrading your armor, and it is unlikely that you’ll have amassed enough of it in your travels so far. To help you out, and give you access to some of the better crafting options in Fallout 76, we’ve put together this Fallout 76 Ballistic Fiber Locations Guide. We’ll tell you exactly where you can pick up Ballistic Fiber quickly and easily. We’ll also take a look at some farming locations for Fallout 76 Ballistic Fiber, so that you can collect as much as possible, as quickly as possible.
For more on Fallout 76, be sure to visit our Fallout 76 Guides Hub. It’s full of useful info on Fallout 76, from a look at the best weapons to a detailed breakdown of every Power Armor Location in Fallout 76.
Fallout 76 Ballistic Fiber Locations
Ballistic Fiber is a relatively rare resource that can be found in Fallout 76. You’ll very rarely find it in certain caches and loot piles, but generally you’ll need to get it by scrapping certain items. The reason you’re going to need Ballistic Fiber is because it is used to craft and repair a lot of the higher level armor in Fallout 76. You likely won't collect much by just completing quests and exploring, so you’ll need to seek it out if you want to build out your armor. There are a few ways you can get Ballistic Fiber in Fallout 76, which we’ll cover below:
- Fort Defiance
- Camp McClintock
- Watoga Civic Center
- Clancy Manor
- The Thorn
Where Can You Get Ballistic Fiber in Fallout 76
Very rarely, you’ll be awarded Ballistic Fiber for completing quests. You can also pick it up when taking over Workshops. Much more likely is that you’ll need to scrap certain items to get Ballistic Fiber, including the following:
- Military Grade Duct Tape - you’ll get 2 Ballistic Fiber for scrapping Military Grade Duct Tape.
- Piezonucleic Liner - much less common is the piezonucleic liner. You’ll also get 2 Ballistic Fiber for scrapping each one.
- Military Ammo Bags - The easiest way to get Ballistic Fiber is to scrap Military Ammo Bags.
Fallout 76 Ballistic Fiber Locations
So now you know the items that you can get Ballistic Fiber from in Fallout 76, let’s take a look at where you should head on the map to get Military Ammo Bags.
- Fort Defiance - easily the best place to get Ballistic Fiber by collecting Military Ammo Bags. It’s located to the South West in the Cranberry Bog area. Looting this area will net 10 bags, which works out at 20 Ballistic Fiber.
- Camp McClintock - this area is located to the southwest of the Forest region. Again, you’ll find a bunch of Military Ammo Bags which you can scrap into Ballistic Fiber.
- Watoga Civic Center - you’ll find both Military Ammo Bags and Military Grade Duct Tape in this area, located at the center of Cranberry Bog.
- Clancy Manor - this area is north of Vault 76 and has both Military Ammo Bags and Duct Tape.
- The Thorn - in the northwestern area of Cranberry Bog
You Can Get Ballistic Fiber From Power Armor Chassis
Another great way to get Ballistic Fiber in Fallout 76 is to scrap the Power Armor Chassis that you find while out exploring. You’ll get between 1-5 Ballistic Fiber per scrap, and you can essentially just server hop to check the same Power Armor locations. For a look at some Power Armor locations, head over to our Fallout 76 Power Armor Locations Guide.
Fallout 76 Ballistic Fiber Farming
The fastest way to collect Ballistic Fiber in Fallout 76 is going to be hopping between military locations. We’ve listed some of them above, so just head to each one and then server hop once you’ve collected all of the Military Ammo Bags and Military Grade Duct Tape.
If you're after all the Fallout 76 goodness you can handle, we've got plenty of Fallout 76 guides for you. Consult our Fallout 76 Atoms Guide to find out if Fallout 76 has microtransactions, find out about Fallout 76 Factions, take a look at all the Fallout 76 Perks, and discover how Fallout 76 Nukes work. We've also got a detailed guide on Fallout 76 Base Building and settlements, a page on Fallout 76's Best Weapons, and Fallout 76 Mutations