If you want to take on some of the higher level activities that Fallout 76 has to offer, you'll need some good weapons. But with so many to choose from, and the scarcity of the components required to craft them, you'll need to choose carefully. To help you out we've been busy compiling a list of the very best weapons in Fallout 76. We'll list every weapon in the game then advise on which ones are worth your time. We'll also take a look at weapon mods and Legendary Weapons. Finally, we'll detail some methods of Legendary Weapon farming, so that you can pick up the very best weapons in as little time as possible.
Fallout 76 Weapons List
As people get to spend more time with Fallout 76, we’re starting to get a good idea as to the full weapons roster. Thanks to some hard-working folks over on the Fallout Reddit, along with some of our own experiences with the game, we’ve been able to pull together the following list of Fallout 76 weapons:
|Blade of Bastet||Melee||Increases armor penetration|
|Chinese Officer Sword||Melee||N/A|
|Meteoric Sword||Melee||Plus10% damage against humans, 90% reduced weight and plus50% increased durability.|
|Mole Miner Gauntlet||Melee||N/A|
|Mr. Handy Buzz Blade||Melee||N/A|
|Nailer||Melee||Increased damage given at lower HP|
|10 MM Pistol||Guns||N/A|
|10MM Submachine Gun||Guns||N/A|
|50 Cal Machine Gun||Guns||N/A|
|Anti-Scorched Training Pistol||Guns||N/A|
|Auto Grenade Launcher||Guns||N/A|
|Black Powder Blunderbuss||Guns||N/A|
|Black Powder Pistol||Guns||N/A|
|Black Powder Rifle||Guns||plus25% damage to Scorched. minus20% damage to all other foes.|
|Double Barrel Shotgun||Guns||N/A|
|The Dragon||Guns||Extra limb damage and an increased chance to cripple.|
|Enclave Plasma Gun||Guns||N/A|
|Lever Action Rifle||Guns||N/A|
|Light Machine Gun||Guns||N/A|
|M79 Grenade Launcher||Guns||N/A|
|Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol||Guns||N/A|
|Pipe Revolver Standard Model: Pipe Revolver||Guns||N/A|
|Pump Action Shotgun||Guns||N/A|
|Salvaged Assaultron Head||Guns||N/A|
|Single Action Revolver||Guns||N/A|
|Ultracite Gatling Gun||Guns||N/A|
|Ultracite Laser Pistol||Guns||N/A|
|Voice of Set||Guns||Adds electric-based damage against robot enemies.|
|Vox Syringer||Guns||Enables your target speaks.|
|Frag Grenade MIRV||Guns||N/A|
|Hallucigen Gas Grenade||Guns||N/A|
|Nuka Quantum Grenade||Throwables||N/A|
|Orbital Scan Beacon||Throwables||N/A|
|Orbital Strike Beacon||Throwables||N/A|
|Pumpkin Grenade||Throwables||Target takes additional damage and radiation for 5s.|
Fallout 76 Best Weapons
You’ll have a lot of choice where weapons are concerned in Fallout 76. Pistols, machine guns, and melee weapons are all up for grabs, so how do you focus in on the best weapons that will get you further in the game? Well, we’ve done all of the work for you, and have compiled a list of the very best weapons in Fallout 76. You can check it out below:
- Combat Shotgun - whether you’re facing off against the fearsome Scorched, or another player, a shotgun can be a really great choice. Get in close enough (and with how inaccurate much of the shooting is in Fallout 76, you should be fine) with a Combat Shotgun in hand and you’ll blast away all who stand in your way.
- Laser Rifle - given just how often you’re going to be attacked my robots in Fallout 76, having a good Energy Weapon is a great idea. The Laser Rifle offers some of the highest accuracy, while also being great when combined with VATS.
- Gauss Rifle - the Gauss Rifle was a real powerhouse in Fallout 4, and seems to continue being pretty awesome in Fallout 76 as well. It uses Ballistic damage which can be charged to hit harder. Charge it up and fire at your enemies and you’ll down them in no time at all.
- M2 Browning - ah the Browning, capable of sending uranium-depleted 50. Cal bullets through everything and anything in sight. It’s great at taking down robots and is one of the best weapons to face down a Scorchbeast with.
Fallout 76 Weapons Damage Types
There are a number of things to consider when choosing which weapon to run with in Fallout 76. The main factor is going to be what type of weapon you want to use, and with what kind of damage output. There are five different types of damage in Fallout 76, which we've detailed below:
- Ballistic - this is the most common damage type in the game. It's essentially just regular bullets, doing physical damage to almost all enemies.
- Energy Damage - 'energy' rekates to weapons that do elemental and laser damage. They are useful against plenty of enemy types, especially robots.
- Explosive - explosive weapons deal explosive damage. This includes rocket launchers and anything that fires grenades.
- Radiation - this is a particularly pesky damage type to defend against as it gives Rads, lowering maximuum health. This is great in PvP, as you'll basically make your opponent weaker and weaker the more you use it.
- Poison - this damage type can be used to inflict damage for a short time after your shot lands.
Fallout 76 Legendary Weapons List
There are a handful of exceptional weapons to be found in Fallout 76. These range from variations on melee weapons, to incredibly powerful upgrades to Heavy Weapons. We've listed all of the Fallout 76 Legendary Weapons below
|Name||Bonus||How to Get|
|All Rise||-||Quest Reward (Mayor for a Day)|
|Ancient Blade||-||Event Reward (Breach and Clear)|
|Anti-Scorched Training Pistol||25% additional damage to Scorched. -20% to everything else.||Obtained via Quest (Into the Fire)|
|Black Diamond||-||Quest Reward (Flavors of Mayhem)|
|Blade of Bastet||Increased Armor Penetration||Quest Reward (Mistress of Mystery)|
|Bunker Buster||-||Quest Reward (One of Us)|
|Camden Whacker||-||You can buy this at the Camden Park Prize shop|
|Daisy Cutter||-||Quest Reward (An Organic Panic)|
|The Dragon||Extra limb damage, chance to cripple||Random drop.|
|Dross||None||Quest Item (Mistaken Identity)|
|Grant's Saber||-||Quest Reward (Mistress of Mystery: Forging a Legend)|
|Meteoric Sword||10% additional damage to humans, 90% reduced weight, 50% more durability||Event Reward (Lode Baring)|
|Nailer||Does more damage the lower your health is||Event Reward (One Violent Night)|
|Paddle Ball||None||Trade in Mr. Fuzzy Tokens at Camden Park|
|Pumpkin Grenades||Target takes additional damage and radiation for 5s||Daily Quest Reward (Trick or Treat)|
|Pyrolyzer||Reduce your target's damage output by 20% for 3s||Side Quest Reward (Tracking Unknowns)|
|Rose's Syringer||-||Quest Reward (Flavors of Mayhem)|
|Somerset Secial||-||Event Reward (Back on the Beat)|
|Voice of Set||Additional damage aginst robots||Quest Reward (Mistress of Mystery: Prototypical Problems)|
|Vox Syringer||Makes the target speak||Daily Quest Item (Someone to Talk to)|
Fallout 76 Weapon Crafting
The easiest way to get weapons in Fallout 76 is to craft them. You can head to any Weapons Workbench in the world to do this, though you'll have to unlocked the right blueprints to craft each weapon. You can also craft a Weapons Workbench for your Camp, which will mean you can fast travel to it whenever you want, free of charge.
Fallout 76 Weapon Mods
If you're looking to make your weapons handle better in Fallout 76, you'll want to add Weapon Mods. These can be added to any weapon using a Weapons Workbench. You'll need to have unlocked the mods via plans irst though, which can be found out in the world. You can also unlock new sets of mods via certain Perk Cards.
Scrap Weapons to Get Weapons Plans
Another great way to get more weapon plans is to scrap weapons you're not using. Generally, it's good to scrap any duplicate weapons, or ones that have particular low use. To do this, just head to any crafting station, from there you need to slect 'scrap items'. Select what you want to scrap and hit scrap. You'll see if you get any mods from it via pop-ups onscreen.
Fallout 76 Legendary Weapon Mods
Occasionally, you'll come across special weapons that have a star next to their name. These are legendary weapons with legendary effects or mods on them. These weapons are almost always found by looting the corpses of Legendary enemies. You won't encounter these enemies too often, unless you know where to look. We've listed some of the Legendary effects that you'll find applied to Legendary weapons below:
- Anti-Armor - Ignores 50% of your target's armor.
- Anti-Scorched - 25% more damage against Scorched, 20% less against everything else
- Anti-Tank - Ignores 50% of the target's armor
- Assassin's - +10% damage to humans
- Berserker's - Deal more damage the lower your Damage Resistance
- Bloodied - deal more damage when at lower health
- Concussive - +33% chance to hit with VATS
- Executioner's - +50% damage when the target's health is below 40%
- Explosive - Bullets explode on impact, adding +15 damage per shot
- Exterminator's - Does 50% more damage against Mirelurks and bugs.
- Furious - Each conscecutive hit on a target deals more damage
- Ghoul Slayer's - Does 50% more damage against Ghouls.
- Hunter's - Does 50% more damage against animals.
- Instigating - Does double damage if the target is at full health
- Junkie's - Deal more damage the more chem withdrawal effects you currently have.
- Medic's - V.A.T.S. crits will heal you and your group.
- Mutant's - Damage increased by 10% if you are mtated.
- Mutant Slayer's - +30% damage to Super Mutants
- Never Ending - Unlimited ammo capacity.
- Nocturnal - Does increasing amounts of damage at night, less damage during the day.
- Stalker's - If not in combat, +100% V.A.T.S. accuracy at +50% AP cost.
- Suppressor's - Reduce your target's damage output by 20%for 3 seconds.
- Troubleshooter's - +30% damage to robots.
- Two Shot - Shoots an additional projectile.
- Zealot's - +30% damage to Ghouls.
Fallout 76 Legendary Weapon Farming
Once you start hitting the higher levels in Fallout 76 (50 and above), you'll want to start looking for the very best weapons in the game. The main way to get Legendary Weapons in Fallout 76 is to kill Legendary enemies. Problem is, they're not all that common, unless you know where to look that is. We've listed some surefire ways to farm Legendary Weapons in Fallout 76 below, all you need to do is seek out these events and server hop until you find each one.
- Uranium Fever - this event will trigger in the Blackwater Mine area. You'll face off against up to three legendary enemies that will drop high level gear.
- AWOL Armaments - this event can be found at the RobCo Research Center. You'll take on two Mr Gutsy enemies then a final legendary enemy located inside the facility.
- Horde Events - all horde events found all over the map will have a leader who is always legendary.
- One Violent Night - found in the upper righthand corner of the map. This event always ends by facing off against a legendary Wendigo enemy.
- Leader of the Pack - located in the Fairgrounds area, this event spawns legendary wolves.
If you're after all the Fallout 76 goodness you can handle, we've got plenty of Fallout 76 guides for you. Consult our Fallout 76 Atoms Guide to find out if Fallout 76 has microtransactions, find out about Fallout 76 Factions, take a look at all the Fallout 76 Perks, and discover how Fallout 76 Nukes work. We've also got a detailed guide on Fallout 76 Base Building and settlements, a page on Fallout 76's Best Weapons, and Fallout 76 Mutations