Fortnite Season 5 is almost at an end, as we're well and truly into the final week of challenges for the current seasonal event. In this Fortnite Season 5 guide, we'll be detailing everything you need to know about the ongoing season for Battle Royale, including a full list of the Fortnite Season 5 Challenges that have taken place so far.
But, now that Season 5 of Fortnite Battle Royale is almost over, it's time to look ahead to the next event on the horizon for Epic's massive game. For all the information you need on the next season of Battle Royale, head over to our Fortnite Season 6 guide.
Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass Cost
Fortnite is an entirely free game to download and play, but you'll need to shell out if you want the Battle Pass. It's this Battle Pass that'll let you earn the majority of the new skins that are available in the latest season.
The latest Fortnite Battle Pass for Season 5 is now available for purchase on all platforms. This new Battle Pass will cost the same as always: 950 V-Bucks. This equals roughly around $10, since you'll have to purchase the V-Bucks 1,000 bundle, leaving you with some change left over.
When you first purchase the Season 5 Battle Pass, you'll earn the Drift and Huntress skins straight away, both of which you can see just below. You might remember that Fortnite Season 4's Battle Pass did something similar, rewarding you with 2 new skins straight away.
Fortnite Season 5 Theme
Back when Fortnite Season 4 was on the horizon, there were tons of fan theories about the upcoming event doing the rounds. One of the more popular ones was that a comet in the sky would completely destroy Tilted Towers when the event began. This wasn’t what happened when Season 4 launched, as the comet instead largely hit Dusty Depot, turning it into Dusty Divot, with one main building in the middle of a huge crater.
As for what the theme of Fortnite Season 5 is, it's basically a mash up of different legends. For example there's the Ragnarok skin, which looks like something from Norse mythology, and then there's the ability for the Drift outfit to wear a special mask, which looks like something from an Egyptian setting.
For a complete walkthrough of the additional skins that you can earn over the course of this entire seasonal event in Battle Royale, head over to our Fortnite Season 5 skins guide.
Fortnite Season 5 Map Updates - New Locations
There are several new changes to the Fortnite map, now that Season 5 is here. Anarchy Acres has been entirely replaced with Lazy Links, as has Moisty Mire, with the entire location being replaced with a desert setting.
For a full walkthrough of all the brand new locations in the Fortnite map right now, including Lazy Links and Paradise Palms, head over to our Fortnite Season 5 map changes guide.
Fortnite Season 5 New Kart
Just below, you can see the brand new All-Terrain Kart for Fortnite Battle Royale. This was introduced in the v5.0 Update for the game, and can fit an entire team of 4 players inside, although it doesn't have much by way of protection.
Fortnite Season 5 Challenges
Challenges are back as ever for Fortnite Season 5. Just below, we'll be providing you with a complete list of every single challenge that's been revealed for Fortnite Season 5 so far, and we'll be updating the list every Thursda.
Season 5, Week 1 Challenges
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500).
- Search a Supply Llama (1).
- Clinger Stink Bomb, or Grenade eliminations (3).
- Search chests in Snobby Shores (7).
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (7).
- Follow the treasure map found in Risky Reels.
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3).
Season 5, Week 2 Challenges
- Deal 1,000 damage to opponents with assault rifles.
- Search seven ammo boxes in a single match (7).
- Eliminate opponents in Paradise Palms (3).
- Score a basket on different hoops (5).
- Search seven chests in Loot Lake (7).
- Search between an oasis, rock archway, and dinosaurs.
- Get two sniper rifle eliminations (2).
Season 5, Week 3 Challenges
- Deal damage to opponents in a single match (500).
- Use a Launchpad.
- Follow the treasure map in Flush Factory.
- Shoot a Clay Pigeon at different locations (5).
- Search chests in Fatal Fields (7).
- Explosive eliminations (3).
- Eliminate opponents in Haunted Hills (3).
Season 5, Week 4 Challenges
- Build structures (250).
- Jump through flaming hoops with a Shopping Cart or ATK (5).
- Eliminate opponents in Dusty Divot (3).
- Deal damage to sniper rifles with opponents (500).
- Search chests in Flush Factory (7).
- Search between a Gas Station, Soccer Pitch, and a Stunt Mount.
- Pistol eliminations (3).
Season 5, Week 5 Challenges
- Search chests in Junk Junction (7).
- Use rift portals (3).
- Eliminate opponents (3).
- Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade (300).
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes (5).
- Follow the treasure map found in Snobby Shores.
- Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts (3).
Season 5, Week 6 Challenges
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (500).
- Harvest building resources with a pickaxe (3000).
- Search where the stone heads are looking.
- Search chests in Lonely Lodge (7).
- Complete timed trials (5).
- Minigun or light minigun eliminations (2).
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (3).
Season 5, Week 7 Challenges
- Visit the center of Named Locations in a Single Match 4 Times - Reward: 5 Battle Stars
- Search Supply Drops 3 Times - Reward: 5 Battle Stars
- SMG Eliminations (three kills) - 10 Battle Stars
- Deal damage to opponents structures with Remote Explosives (5000 points of damage dealt) - Reward: 5 Battle Stars
- Stage 1: Search Chests in Pleasant Park - Reward: 5 Battle Stars (5 separate staged challenges)
- Follow the treasure map found in Dusty Divot (HARD) - Reward: 10 Battle Stars
- Eliminate opponents in Lazy Links (HARD) - Reward: 10 Battle Stars
Season 5, Week 8 Challenges
- Place Traps (10).
- Search chests in Wailing Woods (7).
- Shotgun eliminations (4).
- Deal damage with a pickaxe to opponents (250).
- Use a rift at different spawn locations (10).
- Search between three oversized seats.
- Stage 1: Eliminate an opponent in Greasy Grove.
Season 5, Week 9 Challenges
- Deal damage with explosive weapons to opponents (500).
- Get Trick Points in a Shopping Kart or ATK (150,000).
- Follow the treasure map found in Shifty Shafts.
- Visit different Stone Heads (7).
- Stage 1: Search a chest in Haunted Hills.
- Assault rifle eliminations (5).
- Eliminate opponents in Tomato Temple (3).
Season 5, Week 10 Challenges
- Search jigsaw puzzle pieces in basements (7).
- Consume apples or mushrooms (20).
- Eliminate opponents (10).
- Search chests in Salty Springs (7).
- Deal damage to opponents (5000).
- Search between a covered bridge, waterfall, and the ninth green.
- Stage 1: Eliminate an opponent in Pleasant Park.
For now though, you can head over to our best Fortnite skins page, which we’ll be updating once the new cosmetics for Season 5 have been revealed. You can also check out our Fortnite Week 1 Challenges guide, for a list of the debut weekly missions in Season 5.