There are a litany of activities and game modes at your fingertips in Star Wars Battlefront 2. You can take on the campaign of the game in the shoes of Imperial veteran Iden Versio, or take to the online battlefield in various game modes, including Galactic Assault, Starfighter Assault, Strike, or Heroes Vs. Villains.
In this Star Wars Battlefront 2 guide, we'll be taking you through the various different game modes, explaining how each one works and functions, as well as how to win at every online game type. On top of this, we'll also be revealing how to earn Credits quickly, as well as revealing all the brand new Star Wars Battlefront 2 The Last Jedi Season content, launching alongside the movie.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Guide
Before we delve into of our guides on this page however, you should consider consulting our individual Star Wars Battlefront 2 guides just below. We've got all the info you need on how to find every Hidden Item collectible, as well as how to dominate in games of Galactic Assault, or Starfighter Assault.
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Hidden Items Collectibles
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Best Weapons Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Heroes and Villains Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Galactic Assault Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Starfighter Assault Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Heroes Vs Villains Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Strike Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 Loot Crates Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 How to Earn Credits and Battle Points Quickly Guide
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 The Last Jedi Season Content Guide
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Campaign Guide
Throughout the campaign of Star Wars Battlefront 2, you'll be playing the role of Commander Iden Versio, charged with keeping the Empire together in the wake of the destruction of the second Death Star. It's basically a 6/7 hour greatest hits compilation of locations across the universe of Star Wars, and it's an exhilarating journey with Inferno Squad.
While you're playing the campaign, keep an eye out for different loadout and weapon crates, typically found near the beginning of missions. You can use these to completely change the weapon that Iden is carrying, and also the Star Cards she can equip. You can unlock different Star Cards by simply playing through the campaign, or by opening loot crates, but you can then take some of these and use them on Iden, enhancing her abilities.
Also, bear in mind that a fair few missions in the Star Wars Battlefront 2 campaign feature stealth sections. You can press B/Circle to crouch, and from there you can sneak around any environment, using cover to your advantage to stay out of sight. Sneak up behind someone and press in the right analog stick to take them down quietly, or in some situations where there aren't any other enemies around, you can even use your blaster without drawing attention to Iden.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Multiplayer Guide
In the online section of Star Wars Battlefront 2, you'll have a fair few game modes to choose from at launch. We've broken down all of them just below, detailing what you'll need to do to win, depending on which side you find yourself fighting for.
- Galactic Assault - A massive game totalling 42 players, the attacking side in Galactic Assault will be tasked with assaulting a series of objectives, while the defending side will have to defend each objective. The attacking side wins if they complete all the objectives, but the defending side wins if they can completely deplete the respawn count of the attacking side.
- Starfighter Assault - Take to the stars with 11 other players on your team, once again finding yourself either on the attacking or defending side. The attacking side will often have to either attack a single ship, or a series of bombers, while the defending side will have to fight to protect the aforementioned objective.
- Strike - A smaller game totalling 16 players, one side will be tasked with capturing and bringing an item back to their base, while the other team will have to defend the objective, and then retrieve it if it is stolen.
- Heroes Vs. Villains - In this game mode for 8 total players, you'll take on the roles of the most powerful characters in the galaxy, fighting it out to be the last team standing at the end of every round.
- Blast - This is a considerably small game of 20 total players, but it's purely an infantry-based game mode, as you'll find yourself in small, close quarters combat scenarios.
We've outlined the objectives of every game mode just above, but for a proper, in depth breakdown of every mode, as well as how to dominate on either the attacking or defending side, head back to the top of this guide, and consult our guides on every individual game mode.
We should mention that Heroes and Villains, in standard game modes like Galactic and Starfighter Assault, are earned through Battle Points that you'll obtain while playing. You'll earn more Battle Points for every enemy player you kill, and every objective you complete, and you can then spend these on the respawn screen to spawn as a Hero or a Villain, or an elite ship in Starfighter Assault.
These are all the complete Star Wars Battlefront 2 tips and tricks we've got for you right now, but make sure to keep checking back on our Battlefront 2 guides, as we'll be adding additional information to them whenever we uncover any new details.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.