Star Wars Battlefront 2 features a litany of characters from across the universe, from the prequel, sequel, and original film trilogies. In this Star Wars Battlefront 2 Heroes Vs Villains guide, we'll be walking you through exactly how to dominate in the online mode, as well as the best, most powerful Heroes and Villains you can choose to play as.
If you need anything else at all relating to Star Wars Battlefront 2, including how to earn Credits and unlock characters quicker, as well as a complete guide to the location of every Hidden Item in the campaign, head over to our Star Wars Battlefront 2 guides walkthrough hub.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Heroes Vs Villains Guide
The Heroes Vs Villains mode in Star Wars Battlefront 2 is where only the most powerful characters on offer in the game throw down against one another. There are no standard troopers here whatsoever, as it's simply a game mode pitting four powerful Heroes against four evil Villains, until one side eventually emerges victorious.
In a single game of Heroes Vs Villains, one player from each team will be designated as the target. Each team must then try and kill the target on the opposing team, while also trying to keep their own target alive. It's basically a race to see which team can kill the opposing target first, as the first team that takes down the opposing target inches one step closer to victory. The first team to deplete all their lives in this manner, descending from 10, will lose the match of Heroes Vs Villains.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Heroes Vs Villains Tips and Tricks
Now that you know the basic rules to the Heroes Vs Villains mode in Star Wars Battlefront 2, what are the best strategies for winning? Just below, we've got you sorted with all the tips and tricks you need to dominate, no matter who you play as.
- Since there are only four people per team in this mode, strength in numbers is key, and you'll always want to stick together against enemy players.
- We'd recommend a balanced offensive, using both characters with blasters and lightsabers in your squad.
- Bear in mind that you can change characters whenever you die, and if you want to check out the abilities of a character before you select them, hover on them and press Y/Triangle.
- Let your lightsaber-wielding players get up close and personal, and have your players with blasters hang back, firing on the enemy to support the players up front.
- Although it's tempting to go crazy with a lightsaber in your hand, don't forget to block using the left trigger, since you can parry lightsaber attacks and send blaster shots back at the enemy.
- If you do somehow get separated from your squad, try to make it back to them as quickly as possible. You never know when the target player could change, and you could find yourself as the target, and on your own.
- If you forgot to equip your best Star Cards for Heroes or Villains before heading into the game, bear in mind that you can change Star Cards for any character while you're waiting to respawn.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 Best Heroes and Villains
As we mentioned previously, a balanced roster of Heroes or Villains is key to dominating in a match of Heroes Vs Villains. But which are the best Heroes or Villains to choose from? Depending on the situation you find yourself in, the answer to this question can change, but we've still rounded up some of the more powerful Heroes and Villains just below.
- Lando Calrissian - Lando's blaster is incredibly powerful against even the strongest Villains. A headshot is guaranteed to inflict serious damage against anyone, and his Sharp Shot ability has the potential to inflict some massive damage.
- Yoda - The small, green Jedi is already established as one of the more powerful Heroes in Star Wars Battlefront 2 due to his small size, but Yoda's Presence ability works wonders in Heroes Vs Villains, as he can heal his entire team in one go.
- Darth Maul - Maul is both an upfront fighter with his dual lightsaber, but he's also a force to be reckoned with from range, able to throw his lightsaber using Furious Throw, or close the gap quickly while dealing solid damage with his Spin Attack.
- Boba Fett - This bounty hunter is likely one of the best Villains in Star Wars Battlefront 2, mainly because of his aerial prowess. No other character comes close to dominating the battlefield from above like Boba Fett can, and his Concussion Rocket can be extremely useful, allowing teammates to finish off stunned enemies with ease.
These are all the complete tips and tricks you'll need to dominate in Star Wars Battlefront 2's Heroes Vs Villains mode. As long as your squad sticks together and supports one another, you're always in with a good chance of success.