Destiny 2 might have been out for two years now, but there's still a ton of content coming to Bungie's game. In this Destiny 2 beginner's guide, we'll be providing you with all the essential tips you need to get started with the game.
- Destiny 2 Guide
- Destiny 2 Black Armory Guides
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Guides
- Destiny 2 Warmind Guides
- Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris DLC Guides
- Destiny 2 Weapon and Armor Guides
- Destiny 2 Story Mission Walkthrough
- Destiny 2 Heroic Public Events
- Destiny 2 Flashpoints Walkthrough
- Destiny 2 Social Hub and European Dead Zone
- Destiny 2 Lost Sectors Guides
- Destiny 2 Vendors and Xur Guide
- Destiny 2 Class Guides
- Destiny 2 Strike Guides
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Strikes Guide
- Destiny 2 Raid Guides
- Destiny 2 Crucible and Trials of the Nine Guides
- Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Guide
- How Long Have I Played Destiny 2 for?
- How to Create a Destiny 2 Clan
- Destiny 2's Social Hub - The Farm
- Destiny 2: Standard Edition
- Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe edition
Destiny 2 Guide
Throughout the section of our Destiny 2 guide just below, you'll find all the information you need to get to grips with the combat of the game, be it through Nightfall Strikes or the Leviathan Raid, as well as Exotic weapons and armor items like the MIDA Multi-Tool or the Rat King.
Destiny 2 Black Armory Guides
- Destiny 2 Black Armory Weapons
- Destiny 2 Scourge of the Past Raid
- Destiny 2 Black Armory New Power Level Cap
- Destiny 2 Forge Saboteur Enemies
- Destiny 2 New Forge Missions
Destiny 2 Forsaken Guides
- Destiny 2 Gambit Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Exotics Guide
- Destiny 2 Forsaken Public Events Guide
- Destiny 2 Dreaming City Guide
- Destiny 2 Ace of Spades Guide
- Destiny 2 The Last Wish Raid Guide
- Destiny 2 Malfeasance Guide
- Destiny 2 Chamber of Starlight Guide
Destiny 2 Warmind Guides
- Destiny 2 Mars Tokens Guide - How to Earn Cradle Engrams Quickly
- Destiny 2 Rasputin Armory Codes Guide - How to Earn Rasputin Armory Codes
- Destiny 2 Sleeper Simulant Guide - How to Complete the Violent Intel Quest
- Destiny 2 Polaris Lance Guide - How to Unlock the Polaris Lance
- Destiny 2 Warsat Down Event Guide - How to Trigger the Warsat Down Heroic Public Event
- Destiny 2 Escalation Protocol Guide - How to Beat the New Horde Mode
- Destiny 2 Encrypted Cache Key Guide - How to Earn Decrypted Cache Keys
- Destiny 2 Insight Terminus Strike Guide - Full Warmind Strike Walkthrough
- Destiny 2 Spire of Star Guide - How to Complete the New Leviathan Raid Lair
- Destiny 2 Warmind Exotics Guide - All the New Exotic Weapons and Armor
- Destiny 2 Unsolvable Problem Guide - How to Unlock the Unsolvable Problem
- Destiny 2 Sleeper Nodes Guide - How to Use Override Frequency
- Destiny 2 Golden Age Vault Guide - How to Unlock the New Golden Age Vault
Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris DLC Guides
Just below, you'll find a comprehensive list of all our guides on the Curse of Osiris DLC expansion, which we'll be continually building on and adding to.
- Curse of Osiris DLC Guides Hub
- Curse of Osiris Mercury Public Events Guide
- Curse of Osiris Earning Mercury Tokens Guide
- Curse of Osiris A Garden World Strike Guide
- Curse of Osiris Tree of Probabilities Strike Guide
- Curse of Osiris Prometheus Lens Guide
- Curse of Osiris Lost Prophecy Weapons Guide
- Curse of Osiris Sagira's Exotic Ghost Shell Guide
- Curse of Osiris Eater of Worlds Raid Lair Guide
Destiny 2 Weapon and Armor Guides
- Destiny 2 Weapons and Armor Guide - Rare and Exotic Weapons and Armor, How to Get Them
- Destiny 2 Weapons Guide - Rare and Exotic Weapons, How to Unlock Them, Weapon Stats and Perks
- Destiny 2 Armor Guide - Rare and Exotic Armor, How to Unlock Them, Armor Stats and Perks
- Destiny 2 Mida Multi-Tool - How to get this Exotic Scout Rifle - Step by Step Guide
- Destiny 2 Rat King Riddle Solutions - How to get the Rat King Exotic Weapon
- Destiny 2 Sturm - How to get this Exotic Hand Cannon
- Destiny 2 Legend of Acrius - How to Get this Exotic Shotgun
- Destiny 2 Legendary Mods Guide - All the Best Weapon/Armor Mods
- Destiny 2 Damage Types - What do the Colored Enemy Shields Mean?
Destiny 2 Story Mission Walkthrough
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Homecoming Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Spark Story Mission - Unlock Farm and Crucible
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Combustion Story Mission - Unlock Titan
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Hope Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Riptide Story Mission
- Destiny 2 Walkthrough - Ghaul Boss Fight
- How to get a Sparrow in Destiny 2
Destiny 2 Heroic Public Events
Destiny 2 Flashpoints Walkthrough
Destiny 2 Social Hub and European Dead Zone
- Destiny 2 European Dead Zone Guide
- Destiny 2 Lost Sectors Guide
- Destiny 2 The Farm Social Hub Guide
- Destiny 2 The Traveler Social Hub Guide
Destiny 2 Lost Sectors Guides
- Destiny 2 Ancient's Haunt Lost Sector Guide
- Destiny 2 The Drain Lost Sector Guide
- Destiny 2 The Pit Lost Sector Guide
Destiny 2 Vendors and Xur Guide
- Destiny 2 Xur and Vendors Guide
- Destiny 2 Glimmer Guide
- Destiny 2 Silver Guide
- Destiny 2 Legendary Shards Guide
- Destiny 2 Faction Rallies Guide
Destiny 2 Class Guides
- Destiny 2 XP and Power Level Guide
- Destiny 2 High Power Level Guide
- Destiny 2 Class Guide - How Does Levelling Work in Destiny 2?
- Destiny 2 Hunter Subclasses Guide
- Destiny 2 Titan Subclasses Guide
- Destiny 2 Warlock Subclasses Guide
Destiny 2 Strike Guides
- Destiny 2 Strikes Walkthrough Hub
- Destiny 2 Inverted Spire Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Savathun's Song Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Pyramidion Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Arms Dealer Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Exodus Crash Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Nightfall Strikes Guide
- Destiny 2 Curse of Osiris A Garden World Strike Guide
Destiny 2 Nightfall Strikes Guide
- Destiny 2 Inverted Spire Nightfall Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 Exodus Crash Nightfall Strike Guide
- Destiny 2 The Pyramidion Nightfall Strike Guide
Destiny 2 Raid Guides
- Destiny 2 General Raid Guide
- Destiny 2 Leviathan Raid Prep Guide
- Destiny 2 Full Leviathan Raid Walkthrough Guide
- Destiny 2 Guided Games Explained
- Destiny 2 How to Find a Fireteam Guide
Destiny 2 Crucible and Trials of the Nine Guides
- Destiny 2 Crucible Guide - Clash, Supremacy, Survival, Control, Countdown Tips
- Destiny 2 Endless Vale Crucible Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Vostok Crucible Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Dead Cliffs Map - Tips and Tricks
- Destiny 2 Trials of the Nine Guide
- Destiny 2 Bounties Guide
Destiny 2 Weekly Reset Guide
How Long Have I Played Destiny 2 for?
Destiny 2 is a game that you'll likely want to play for days, if not weeks, if not months on end. Although there are plenty of bragging rights up for grabs over your Power Level, another point of contention is time played. But how can you see how long you've played Destiny 2 for?
A handy website, going by the name D2Checklist, lets you check how long you've been playing Destiny 2 for. You simply have to enter your PSN or Xbox Live profile name, and your time played and level info appears. Pretty handy!
How to Create a Destiny 2 Clan
There are many benefits of either joining or setting up your own Destiny 2 Clan. Firstly, it allows you to band together with your friends to take on Crucible, Strike, Raid, and other activities, and when your Clan friends earn rewards while you aren't playing alongside them, you earn the reward they gained as well.
To either create or join a specific Clan, head over to the official Bungie.net site, where you can set up your Clan for your friends to join through the same page, or join a Clan that has already been set up.
Destiny 2's Social Hub - The Farm
In Destiny 2 the much-loved Tower is no more. The social space so familiar to players of the original game is being replaced by The Farm. IGN got a first look at The Farm, and we've broken down the key info for you below.
- The Farm appears to be a similar size to The Tower.
- It includes a Cryptarch, Tyra Karn - previously seen in Rise of Iron.
- It also includes a Postmaster robot for checking your mail.
- A football pitch is included, complete with goals and a scoreboard.
- 26 players can be in an instance of The Farm at once.
- The Farm will change over time, adding new human survivors and specific key characters.
The Farm is located in the European Dead Zone, where you can encounter Fallen, Taken, The Red Legion, and more challenging enemies. For all this and more, including a brand new vendor in the region, head over to our Destiny 2 European Dead Zone guide.
Lost Sectors, mysterious new locations marked on your map by characters throughout the game, will reveal new challenges and bosses to the player in Destiny 2. Four brand new locations were also briefly shown, called Nessus, Io, Titan, and the European Dead Zone, the latter of which is slated to be the largest single map space in the game.
Guided Games, another new addition to Destiny 2, allows single players to be paired up with a Clan, meaning that you don't necessarily have to join a Clan to reap the rewards from playing alongside one in co-operative game modes.
Destiny 2 PS4 Exclusive Content
Activision and Bungie have revealed that PS4 owners will get exclusive content for Destiny 2, with PC and Xbox One players not getting their hands on it until some point in 2018.
The PlayStation 4 Destiny 2 exclusive content includes:
- Exclusive Strike, called Lake of Shadows
- Exclusive PvP map
- Exclusive Exotic weapon
Destiny 2: Standard Edition
If you're just after the base version of Destiny 2 and nothing else, then look no further than the standard edition of the game, available from virtually every retailer that deals in video games for $59.99/£49.99, as well as on each digital console storefront for the same price.
- Pre-order Destiny 2 PS4 Standard Edition
- Pre-order Destiny 2 Xbox One Standard Edition
- Pre-order Destiny 2 PC Standard Edition
Destiny 2 Digital Deluxe edition
The Digital Deluxe edition of Destiny 2 will feature the base game as well as the Expansion Pass, which promises two expansions that feature brand new story missions, co-op multiplayer and missions, as well as new armour, weapons and gear. On top of this, the Digital Deluxe edition will come with a Legendary sword, a Legendary player emote, and a special Cabal Empire themed emblem.
As it states in the name, the Digital Deluxe edition will only be available to purchase digitally, meaning that you'll have to head to your console storefront to purchase the edition, be this the PlayStation Store, Xbox Store, or the PC platform that is yet to be announced by Bungie.