There are tons of hidden secrets to be uncovered all throughout The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, one of which is the unique Ancient Armor set. In this Zelda Breath of the Wild Ancient Armor guide, we'll be walking you through how to get the Ancient Armor in Breath of the Wild as easily as possible, which involves acquiring quite a few items from around Hyrule.
On this page:
- How to get the Ancient Armor Set in Breath of the Wild
- How to Farm Ancient Items in Breath of the Wild
How to get the Ancient Armor Set in Breath of the Wild
The Ancient Armor pieces aren’t the only items available for purchase in the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab, and below you’ll find a list of every item offered for purchase, as well as how many Rupees and other items this will cost Link.
The numbers next to the weapons and armor donate how many points they offer in damage or protection, and it should be noted that all Ancient Weapons deal significantly more damage to Guardians.
- Ancient Arrow - Ancient Screw x2, Ancient Shaft x1, Arrow x1 - Price: 90 Rupees
- Ancient Arrow x3 - Ancient Screw x6, Ancient Shaft x3, Arrow x3 - Price: 250 Rupees
- Ancient Arrow x5 - Ancient Spring x5, Ancient Shaft x5, Arrow x5 - Price: 400 Rupees
- Ancient Short Sword (40) - Ancient Spring x15, Ancient Shaft x5, Ancient Core x2 - Price: 1,000 Rupees
- Ancient Shield (70) - Ancient Gear x10, Ancient Spring x15, Giant Ancient Core x1, Price: 1,000 Rupees
- Ancient Bladesaw (55) - Ancient Screw x15, Ancient Shaft x5, Ancient Core x2 - Price: 1,000 Rupees
- Ancient Spear (30) - Ancient Gear x15, Ancient Shaft x5, Ancient Core x2 - Price: 1,000 Rupees
- Ancient Bow (44) - Ancient Gear x10, Ancient Spring x15, Giant Ancient Core x1 - Price: 1,000 Rupees
- Ancient Helm (4, Guardian Resist Up) - Ancient Gear x20, Ancient Shaft x5, Ancient Core x3 - Price: 2,000 Rupees
- Ancient Cuirass (4, Guardian Resist Up) - Ancient Gear x20, Ancient Screw x5, Ancient Core x3 - Price: 2,000 Rupees
- Ancient Greaves (4, Guardian Resist Up) - Ancient Gear x20, Ancient Screw x5, Ancient Core x3 - Price: 2,000 Rupees
These items, particularly the Ancient Armor, don’t come cheap, so if you need some hints on how to earn currency quickly and easily in Breath of the Wild, then head over to our guide on how to earn Rupees quickly.
How to Farm Ancient Items in Breath of the Wild
Although not easy to defeat, there are a large number of Guardians found all around the ruins of Hyrule Castle. Once defeated, these Guardians will drop Ancient Gears, Ancient Springs, Ancient Shafts, and if you’re lucky, an Ancient Core.
Start off at the Central Tower, just south and slightly west of Hyrule Castle, and look down to where you can see two Guardians buried in the ground. Eliminate these Guardians one by one, firing off any arrows you have at them from above, while taking shelter on the Tower platform from their beams. After you’ve taken both of these immobilized Guardians out, head down to claim your items.
Next, head directly towards Hyrule Castle, and before long you’ll run into a number of Guardians patrolling the area, along with a few more buried in the ground. Lure the mobile ones out one by one, away from the Castle, and you’ll be able to fight them one on one, without anything else interfering. If you’re struggling to kill these machines, then check out our guide on how to kill Guardians quickly and easily.
When defeated, each Guardian will always drop a number of items for Link to collect, all of which will be of the Ancient variety, and it shouldn’t be long before you’ve amassed a collection big enough to purchase all the items from the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab.
In the video below you can see a complete guide to Breath of the Wild's ancient armor and ancient weapons.
We have a horde of other guides for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild here at USgamer, including how to take down Calamity Ganon if you’re taking the fight to Hyrule Castle, or how to find all the DLC chests on the Great Plateau, if you’ve just purchased the Expansion Pass.
Now that we’ve gone through how to farm Ancient items in quick succession, Link should have no problem taking down the Guardians surrounding Hyrule Castle and returning to the Akkala Ancient Tech Lab with the rewards.
With the final Breath of the Wild DLC released, we now have an entirely new guides hub dedicated to the new Champions' Ballad DLC Pack 2. For complete guides on how to solve every new Shrine in the expansion, as well as how to get your hands on the new Master Cycle Zero, head over to our Breath of the Wild Champions' Ballad guides hub.