The Myahm Agana Shrine is probably one of the tougher challenges you're going to face in the opening hours of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. In this complete Zelda Breath of the Wild Myahm Agana Shrine guide, we'll be compiling all the information you need to know, in order to complete this trial as smoothly as possible.
On this page:
- Breath of the Wild Myahm Agana Apparatus Trial Walkthrough
- How to Get the Treasure Chest in the Myahm Agana Apparatus Trial
Breath of the Wild Myahm Agana Apparatus Trial Walkthrough
- There's not a whole lot of explaining to do with this one. Essentially it'll come down to just getting it right. Head up the stairs immediately on Link's right and follow the path until you get to the terminal. Examine the spinning device and you'll take control of the large maze-like structure in front of you.
- No doubt done to frustrate, you tilt the maze by moving your controller around. A ball must be rolled around the maze, avoiding falling into the abyss, then launched off the final slope and over the small gap. This is easier said than done, with the final leap proving to be a real annoyance.
- Once you're on the final stretch of the maze, make sure the structure is nicely lined up with the platform to the left. Tilt the maze down so the ball rolls towards the edge, then flick it up at the last moment. This will launch the ball up and over the gap (in theory). If you fail here and the ball falls down, you must start from the beginning!
- Once the ball is successfully launched over the gap it'll roll down the ramp and into a hole switch, opening the gate through which Link can pass and complete the Trial. Another Spirit Orb is yours.
- It is possible to flip the maze over and have the ball roll along a flat surface, but this is tricky to do if you're playing in handheld mode on the Switch. Maybe Nintendo intended for this as later mazes have spikes on the underside!
How to Get the Treasure Chest in the Myahm Agana Apparatus Trial
You may have noticed a chest inside the maze and wondered how you were going to get itl. It's easier than you might think. Once the ball is safely in the hole activate the maze machine again and then tilt the structure so the left side is the lowest. Now glide down to the bottom the ramp the ball rolled down and run up to the top. From here you can jump across (glide if you have to) and onto the chest. Open it and the reward is yours.
With the chest reward in hand (inventory), walk up to the top right of the maze and jump off towards the platforms below. Glide to ensure you reach your target destination.
As you're in Hateno you might be on your way to the ancient tech lab in order to unlock photo mode. With numerous traders in town it's also a good place to sell unwanted items to get as many rupees as possible. Bold adventurers will also want to know how to kill Guardians, while others will want to brush up on how to cook and learn how to respec health and stamina.
There's a whole bunch more Breath of the Wild articles to read right here on USG. There's Nadia's article on Ganon's new form. Also this piece on how younger BOTW developers have been inspired by Red Dead Redemption 2.