Kingdom Come: Deliverance is an intimidating game. While you might think it's a game like Skyrim, its systems are far more complicated, its combat is more nuanced, and the risk of death is far greater. There's an awful lot to get your head around in Kingdom Come: Deliverance, so we've put together a Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beginner's Guide in an attempt to simplify some of the main gameplay mechanics and concepts. This includes some general tips to help you through the early hours, combat basics, and alchemy.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Beginner's Guide - Tips and Advice to get you Started
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Lockpicking Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Combat Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Weapons Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Armor Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Horse Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Skills Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance - The Good Thief Quest, Where is the Spade, Unlock Lockpicking and Pickpocketing Tutorials, Sell Stolen Goods
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Gambling Guide - How to Earn Money Quickly, How to Win at Dice
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Console Commands Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance Save Game Guide
With so much to take in when you start Kingdom Come: Deliverance, the game can be quite overwhelming. We've put together a short list of tips to make your first few hours with the game a little easier.
- Expect the early going in Kingdom Come: Deliverance to be tough. It's unlikely you'll have played an RPG like this before, and it will take a good number of hours to feel like you know what you're doing.
- As with most RPGs, your character will gradually unlock new skills and perks which will make your survival in the game world that bit easier.
- Combat is hard to master. As with all aspects of the game, you'll build up your skills over time.
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance doesn't open up properly until after the introduction. More options become available once you reach Rattay.
- Eating and resting are important to maintain health - it's possible to starve to death, so don't forget to keep yourself nourished.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Combat Tips for Beginners
Combat in Kingdom Come: Deliverance is not simple. This isn't a game that rewards button mashing, instead offering a system that is built around reaction speed, timing (for attacks and blocks), and movement.
Things to consider before entering combat include the type of weapon you are using and the armor of your foe. To overly simplify things, stabbing and slashing weapons are really only useful against poorly armored enemies, and well protected opponents will need to be tackled with heavier weapons.
As a starting point, once you reach Rattay find and talk to Sir Bernard in the Combat Arena. Training here will increase your skills and let you get to grips with the combat mechanics. There is a timing-based block and counter system to master, and it's essential you don't stand still during combat - doing so will make you an easy target.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance Alchemy Guide for Beginners
Alchemy in Kingdom Come: Deliverance is the system that lets you craft potions. You can level up your Alchemy skills by making potions, and as your level increases your ability to make more from the ingredients improves - essentially, there will be less waste.
You can learn alchemy recipes in the game, and these can be used to make useful potions. One of these is the aforementioned Saviour Schnapps. Alchemy Perks, unlocked as you level up your Alchemy skill, provide you with bonuses, such as more potions produced, a higher sell-on value for potions, and a higher tolerance to mistakes while brewing.
These beginner's tips for Kingdom Come: Deliverance only scratch the surface of the complex systems in the game. Look for more detailed guides soon.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.