For a long time, Trading was merely a dream in the collective hearts and minds of Pokemon GO players everywhere. Recenty though, Niantic delivered, and added Trading into Pokemon GO. It can be a little obtuse to understand at forst, but fret not! As We've got this Pokemon GO Trading Guide to help you through it. We'll lead you through Pokemon GO Trading Costs, Special Trading, and all the info so that you know how to Trade pokemon in Pokemon in Pokemon GO.
We'll be adding to this guide as we get more info on how trading will work in Pokemon GO, so stay tuned for further details. In the meantime, head over to our Pokemon GO Main Guides hub for everything else you need to know about the game.
Pokemon GO Trading Release Date
Niantic recently revealed that they would be adding trading, friends lists and gifting to Pokemon GO. The new update is now availble in the game, and is accesible to all trainers at level 10 and above.
How to Trade Pokemon in Pokemon GO
Thanks to a press release recently published by Niantic, we now have some details on how trading will work in Pokemon GO when the update hits later this month. We've gathered the info together for you in the following list:
- Trainers must reach level 10 before they are eligible to trade pokemon
- You must be within 100 metres from the person you would like to trade with
- When you trade pokemon to a friend, you will see the range of CP and HP that you can get. This range is relative to friend level, your level and friendship level
- Stats for both pokemon will be altered by the trade
- Regular trades cost 100 Stardust a piece
- Candy Bonuses on the relative distance between where the two pokemon were first caught
Special Trading in Pokemon GO
On top of the regular trading options available to all players at level 10 and above, there is also Special Trading. This is only available to pairs of trainers who have a friendship level of great or Best with each other. Here's all of the details you need to know:
- Special Trading is unlocked at Great or Best Friendship levels
- Special Trading involves Legendary, Shiny and pokemon that either trainer has not yet caught
- Special Trading costs 40k Stardust per trade and is limited to one trade per day
Pokemon Quest Trading Stardust Cost
The main incentive for levelling up your frienships is that trding will cost less the higher the level you are. Here's the trading stardust cost per friendship level.
|Type of Pokemon||Good Friend (1 Day)||Great Friend (7 Days)||Ultra Friend (30 Days)||Best Friend (90 Days)|
|Shiny or Legendary (Owned)||20000||16000||1600||800|
|Shiny or Legendary (unowned)||1000000||800000||80000||40000|
On top of adding Trading into Pokemon GO, Niantic also added Friends and Gifts. Head over to our Pokemon GO Friends Guide for info on How to Add Friends,and be sure to check out our Pokemon GO Gifts Guide for details on how Gifts work in the game. You should also head over to our Pokemon GO Eevee Guide for tips on how to evolve eevee in Pokemon GO.
That's everything we know about the new Trading update set to come to Pokemon GO very soon. We'll update this guide with more info as we get it.
This article may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and buy the product we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.