The Asylum Demon marks the very first boss of Dark Souls Remastered, but don’t expect the game to go easy on you just because this is your debut boss fight. In this Dark Souls Remastered Asylum Demon guide, we’ll be walking you through how to defeat the Asylum Demon as quickly and simply as possible, so you can make it out of the Undead Asylum and onto the open world of the rest of the game.
If you instead need an introductory guide to the world of Dark Souls, make sure to check out our complete Dark Souls Remastered guides hub. It’s got all you need to know about getting to grips with the combat and the controls of the intricate game, including how to completely master the art of parrying enemy attacks.
Dark Souls Remastered Asylum Demon Boss Guide
When you first encounter the Asylum Demon in Dark Souls Remastered, you’ve got nothing more than a broken sword hilt to protect yourself with. But this isn’t actually when you’re meant to fight the boss, and you can exit out of a small door on the left side of the arena, returning to fight the Asylum Demon a short while later in the same arena.
- After you’ve traversed the white light, you’ll find yourself on a high perch looking down on the Asylum Demon.
- Drop down towards the monster, and initiate a light attack while you’re in the air.
- If this connects with the Asylum Demon, it’ll deal some pretty significant damage to the boss.
- When you’re back on the ground, lock onto the boss, and start circling around it.
- Make sure to keep an eye on your surroundings, as you don’t want to suddenly find yourself in the middle of the jars to either side of the arena.
- The Asylum Demon has a very limited number of attack, and his two most popular are slamming his club down onto the ground in front of him, or sweeping it horizontally.
- The slamming attack is easy to avoid, as all you need to do is strafe round the boss while he raises his weapon up, then go in for a few quick attacks when he’s plunged the club down.
- For the sweeping attack, you need to time your dodge roll perfectly, so you go under the club as it’s coming towards you.
- Don’t use heavy attack in this fight, instead use light attacks before backing off and strafing again.
- When the boss rises up into the air, play it safe and get as far away from the Asylum Demon as possible, before he slams himself down onto the ground.
Once the battle with the Asylum Demon is finally over, you’ll be automatically given a meager amount of the souls currency. You can then proceed out of the Undead Asylum and up the path, to the very end of the area.
We might be all done with this boss guide for the Asylum Demon in Dark Souls Remastered, but your journey through the huge game is only just getting started. Continue ahead to our Taurus Demon boss guide, where we’ll walk you through how to defeat the second main boss in the overall game.