The Bell Gargoyle boss in Dark Souls Remastered marks the third chronological boss you can take on, but this boss is hiding something up its sleeve during the battle. In this Dark Souls Remastered Bell Gargoyle guide, we’ll be walking you through how to defeat the Bell Gargoyle, bringing down the boss that guards the Bell of Awakening atop the roof of the Undead Parish.
If you instead need a helping hand with anything else to do with the complicated game of Dark Souls, make sure to head over to our full Dark Souls Remastered guides hub. Here you’ll find everything you need in order to completely conquer the game, including how to master the combat and controls even when you’ve got your back against the wall, as well as how to parry your attacker’s blows.
Dark Souls Remastered Bell Gargoyle Boss Guide
The Bell Gargoyle boss in Dark Souls Remastered is found on the roof of the Undead Parish, guarding the first of three Bells of Awakening. This boss fight might seem a little too easy, and just like everything in Dark Souls, if it’s too good to be true, it probably is. Read on for our full tips guide for how to completely take down the Bell Gargoyle boss.
- If you’re human and not undead, you can summon Solaire of Astora just before you traverse the white light.
- When you find yourself on the roof of the Undead Parish, head forward across the arena to kick off the boss fight with the Bell Gargoyle.
- In this first section of the fight, the Bell Gargoyle will attack with its spear and tail.
- It’ll either thrust the spear forward, or swing it around horizontally in two successive attack, either of which you can easily dodge through.
- If you stay behind the Bell Gargoyle, it’ll swing its tail around in a sweeping attack.
- When the Bell Gargoyle rises up into the air, it’ll either attack with its spear or tail while in the air, or land back down and sweep its tail around straight away.
- You can stun the Bell Gargoyle by hitting it repeatedly in the head.
- You can chop off the Bell Gargoyle’s tail by hacking away at it, giving you the new Gargoyle Tail Axe weapon for your character to equip.
These are all the steps for the first phase of the boss fight with the Bell Gargoyle. When you get the boss down to half health, there’s nasty trick: a second Bell Gargoyle will spawn into the arena with the first one.
- Luckily for you, the second Bell Gargoyle starts at half health, so both bosses will be at half health during this second phase of the boss fight.
- Both Bell Gargoyle’s can now breathe fire towards you in a sweeping line.
- The only way to stop this from happening is to stay near to both bosses.
- Both Bell Gargoyle’s are extremely weak to lightning, so if you have Gold Pine Resin, now is the time to use it.
- We’d advise you focus your attacks on the first Gargoyle even once the second one spawns.
- A strong shield can block most attacks from either Bell Gargoyle, except the fire breathing.
- Once one Gargoyle is down, close in to the second one, and their fire attacks will be useless.
- It’s certainly a grind, but summoning in a player or NPC like Solaire is highly advised for this boss fight against the Bell Gargoyles.
This marks the end of our Dark Souls Remastered guide on how to defeat the Bell Gargoyle, the third chronological boss found in the game. Make sure to continue ahead to our Capra Demon guide, where we’ll walk you through how to take down one of the more annoying bosses in the game.